TESTERS WANTED! ×

Nashville Golf

Jmikecpa

So my Cali trip has turned into a disaster with scheduling so we are going to Nashville instead.  A must for me on any family trip is to play some golf (with my son of course).  I will take any suggestions for courses in the area that I can get onto for a round.  Hoping to get in at least three rounds during the trip.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Our fall trip to NashVegas we usually play Greystone and Montgomery Bell. Plus a 3rd usually on the way back to Memphis. They're are couple on the Knoxville side that are real nice but the names slip my mind lol

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Not sure what part of town you're staying in but I would also recommend Greystone but it's actually out in Dixon which is about 30 minutes west of downtown Nashville.

Hermitage also had 2 great courses, the President's Run and the General's Retreat.  Pres Run is the better course but is more expensive.  Gaylord Springs is also a decent track to play and is located near the Opryland Hotel.  

My bag is a revolving door!

Those are the 2 I couldn't remember. Both were nice the last time I played them.

All depends on where you're laying your head which way to go lol

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

Thanks guys.  My wife is planning this trip and I actually don't have any idea what we are doing or where we are staying.  At some point she will let me know, but that may not be until I land at the airport.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

• 2 months later...

So last night I booked golf for the next week.  Playing Gatlinburg Golf Course on Sunday, General's Reserve at Hermitage on Friday and Gaylord Springs on the Sunday that we leave.  Should be a fun trip and best of all I get three days of golf with my son.....hope he doesn't beat me with the way that he is playing.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Head to Broadway street one evening for all the Honky Tonk bars. It's so much fun if you enjoy live music or people watching. Stop by Robert's and get you a fried bologna sandwich, fries and a PBR for a late night snack. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

So last night I booked golf for the next week. Playing Gatlinburg Golf Course on Sunday, General's Reserve at Hermitage on Friday and Gaylord Springs on the Sunday that we leave. Should be a fun trip and best of all I get three days of golf with my son.....hope he doesn't beat me with the way that he is playing.

Have a great time! My wife and I are talking about a potential road trip towards Nashville next month .. including golf and definitely some of those live music honky tonks!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

So last night I booked golf for the next week. Playing Gatlinburg Golf Course on Sunday, General's Reserve at Hermitage on Friday and Gaylord Springs on the Sunday that we leave. Should be a fun trip and best of all I get three days of golf with my son.....hope he doesn't beat me with the way that he is playing.

I have played Gaylord Springs 2-3 times. Nice course with a few really interesting holes. Always found the staff to be outstanding, and I remember it always being in good shape. Enjoy!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Head to Broadway street one evening for all the Honky Tonk bars. It's so much fun if you enjoy live music or people watching. Stop by Robert's and get you a fried bologna sandwich, fries and a PBR for a late night snack.

Yes! to all of this, and also Party Fowl for some Nashville HOT chicken!

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Not sure if you're a SeeMore putter fan, but their HQ is just south of Nashville in Franklin, TN. I did a fitting there and then took a tour of the shop. It was fascinating to see all the options and the large number of orders they were prepping to go out. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

Not sure if you're a SeeMore putter fan, but their HQ is just south of Nashville in Franklin, TN. I did a fitting there and then took a tour of the shop. It was fascinating to see all the options and the large number of orders they were prepping to go out. 

I went in 2016.  It was an amazing experience.  

So last night I booked golf for the next week.  Playing Gatlinburg Golf Course on Sunday, General's Reserve at Hermitage on Friday and Gaylord Springs on the Sunday that we leave.  Should be a fun trip and best of all I get three days of golf with my son.....hope he doesn't beat me with the way that he is playing.

Enjoy!  If you make it for another trip in the future, give GreyStone in neighboring Dickson County a serious look.  It's about as unique a golf experience as you'll find. 

http://www.greystonegc.com

Now you have my attention....got SWMBO to let me golf for three days so I think that I may be able to get a new putter out of this deal. Is this a drop in thing or do I have to schedule something ahead of time?

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Now you have my attention....got SWMBO to let me golf for three days so I think that I may be able to get a new putter out of this deal. Is this a drop in thing or do I have to schedule something ahead of time?

http://www.seemore.com/info/global-tour-fitting-experiences/seemore-tour-fitting-studio-world-headquarters-franklin-tn/

I filled out the information in the link provided with the dates i would be in town in the comments section and had an email response a few hours later.

http://www.seemore.com/info/global-tour-fitting-experiences/seemore-tour-fitting-studio-world-headquarters-franklin-tn/

I filled out the information in the link provided with the dates i would be in town in the comments section and had an email response a few hours later.

Thanks. Now to get the wife to let me journey off for a putter fitting.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Nice looking trip.

Hot as heck here so be sure to dress accordingly lol.

Sunscreen and water are a must. And a bunch of both

Tazz

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

Nice looking trip.

Hot as heck here so be sure to dress accordingly lol.

Sunscreen and water are a must. And a bunch of both

Tazz

I have an abundance of both ready to go.  Along with bucket hats for me and my son.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Enjoy number 12 at gatlinburg. Such a fun shot. Put a downy sheet in your hat though. Keeps the gnats off you lol

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Enjoy number 12 at gatlinburg. Such a fun shot. Put a downy sheet in your hat though. Keeps the gnats off you lol

I had to cheat and look it up.  That is a really interesting hole and I am assuming no more than a soft wedge from that elevation.  Course looks nice and wide which is good with the way I am hitting the ball these days.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Not sure what part of town you're staying in but I would also recommend Greystone but it's actually out in Dixon which is about 30 minutes west of downtown Nashville.

Hermitage also had 2 great courses, the President's Run and the General's Retreat.  Pres Run is the better course but is more expensive.  Gaylord Springs is also a decent track to play and is located near the Opryland Hotel.  

My wife and I played General's Retreat many years ago with two buddies.  Nice course.  I think it was on the LPGA circuit years ago as the Sara Lee Classic.  I had my buddies rolling on the floor when I checked in at the pro shop and said "OK, so where's the first tee and what's the course record?  The guy pointed to the tee and said the course record was 61 by Annika Sorenstam, to which I said, "Yeah sure, from the chick tees."  The guy was deadpan.  At least my buddies thought it was funny.

Have fun Jmike.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

My wife and I played General's Retreat many years ago with two buddies.  Nice course.  I think it was on the LPGA circuit years ago as the Sara Lee Classic.  I had my buddies rolling on the floor when I checked in at the pro shop and said "OK, so where's the first tee and what's the course record?  The guy pointed to the tee and said the course record was 61 by Annika Sorenstam, to which I said, "Yeah sure, from the chick tees."  The guy was deadpan.  At least my buddies thought it was funny.

Have fun Jmike.

Nice and thanks.  With the way I am hitting it right now I am not sure I could break 90 from the forward tees.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Nice and thanks.  With the way I am hitting it right now I am not sure I could break 90 from the forward tees.

LOL.  Neither did I from the White tees!!  That's why my buddies were laughing when I said it.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

Gatlinburg GC was a heck of a lot of fun to play. Tale of two different 9s and I think I hit two drivers on the back 9. 12 was a lot of fun and not often you can hit wedge from 207 yards and yell get down after you hit it.

WITB 2024

Z Star Diamond

Archived