Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Look Inside a 2011 Callaway RAZR Driver

GolfSpy_X

Megatron "Lego Edition"? :lol:

LOL! Those Autobots will never know what hit them!

Seriously, though, I could see this being very heel-biased because of that hosel attached to the face... unless there's weighting in the toe that can't be seen to balance it out. I wonder if this is an open, square, or closed-faced driver?

LOL! Those Autobots will never know what hit them!

Seriously, though, I could see this being very heel-biased because of that hosel attached to the face... unless there's weighting in the toe that can't be seen to balance it out. I wonder if this is an open, square, or closed-faced driver?

What Callaway is trying to do is converter the wood into an iron. I have had the models in pcs in my hand. The idea is McDonald's products. Quick and cheap to make and good for the first effort. The face is cast. There is a lot of weight at the toe. Look at the photo close. The parts in the back are a mix of fiberglass & carbon (fiberglass so save cost).

The idea, in short --- put an iron head on a face of a driver...........all of the back is for funny.

The thinking, most hacks swing a driver like an iron, so just make the same.

decide by yourself................

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

What Callaway is trying to do is converter the wood into an iron. I have had the models in pcs in my hand. The idea is McDonald's products. Quick and cheap to make and good for the first effort. The face is cast. There is a lot of weight at the toe. Look at the photo close. The parts in the back are a mix of fiberglass & carbon (fiberglass so save cost).

The idea, in short --- put an iron head on a face of a driver...........all of the back is for funny.

The thinking, most hacks swing a driver like an iron, so just make the same.

decide by yourself................

I'm not sure where you got this information...

There is NO fiberglass in this club

Why would they EVER put a lot of weight on the toe??? More weight on the toe equals a wide open club face... That doesn't add up...

The last few drivers that Callaway have put out have had chemically milled faces, not cast.

And I have NO idea what you mean by "turning a wood into an iron". I'm just lost on that one...

I would be SHOCKED if this clubs was more than the FT-iZ...

Archived