Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Hahahaha that made me LOL. Og good luck with the jumbo grips again.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

lol You got to remember Rick is an old fart and they often talk to themselves.  :D  

Actually after talking to a friend of mine who is a golf pro I went with the midsize with a couple extra wraps.   It balanced the weight out closer to original spec and it feels good. Win Win. 

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

lol You got to remember Rick is an old fart and they often talk to themselves.  :D  

Actually after talking to a friend of mine who is a golf pro I went with the midsize with a couple extra wraps.   It balanced the weight out closer to original spec and it feels good. Win Win. 

Looking forward to the next set of videos OG!  Hit 'em well...

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Looking forward to the next set of videos OG!  Hit 'em well...

Thanks Stroke!   Now tell them effing tropical storms to git the heck out of Dodge  :D

Cleveland

Do you often reply to yourself? :lol: :lol: :lol:

I'm getting used to it

It took me a couple seconds to figure that out. Old and slow sometimes

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Yep that is correct and it will probably work for the majority of golfers out there.   

Well it is like any other club ya gotta "tune" it to fit you and your game.

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I'm getting used to it

It took me a couple seconds to figure that out. Old and slow sometimes

Do you often reply to yourself? :lol: :lol: 

Took me a second, but you win the forum today.  Keto shake, anyone? 

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Took me a second, but you win the forum today. Keto shake, anyone?

Oh man, that's harsh

There's nothing like being blamed for a post I didn't make. Hope that's done...

Rick

Left Hand, 

Great review Ole, look forward to reading more about how and where you have used this club.

I use a chipper to run it up and close to the greens to keep down.

Might have to look into this one!

Thanks!

Thanks buddy!  Yea the SSW is a versatile club to say the least.  I've hit shots from 75 yards in with no problem.  The ball does not check like it does with a conventional wedge however that's not an issue for me.  I'm not a big spin player around the greens.  The good thing about the SSW is you have 60 days to return it if it doesn't suit ya fancy.  If you decide to try one, post your thoughts (good or bad) in this thread for others to see.  The more info the better!

Cleveland

Oh man, that's harsh

There's nothing like being blamed for a post I didn't make. Hope that's done...

Thanks buddy!  Yea the SSW is a versatile club to say the least.  I've hit shots from 75 yards in with no problem.  The ball does not check like it does with a conventional wedge however that's not an issue for me.  I'm not a big spin player around the greens.  The good thing about the SSW is you have 60 days to return it if it doesn't suit ya fancy.  If you decide to try one, post your thoughts (good or bad) in this thread for others to see.  The more info the better!

Sorry for the brief thread-jack.  Had to poke a little fun, Rick  :D.  OG, does changing the grip void the 60-day trial, or is that something a little air won't fix?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Sorry for the brief thread-jack.  Had to poke a little fun, Rick  :D.  OG, does changing the grip void the 60-day trial, or is that something a little air won't fix?

I don't know this for sure (I'm not on the company payroll yet... jk ;) ) however I'm thinking it must be returned as received.  

Cleveland

I don't know this for sure (I'm not on the company payroll yet... jk ;) ) however I'm thinking it must be returned as received.  

I don't know why you're not on the payroll yet.  You're way more convincing than any infomercial they could produce.  You've got me sold.  If only I wasn't such a cheap SOB.....

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

I don't know why you're not on the payroll yet.  You're way more convincing than any infomercial they could produce.  You've got me sold.  If only I wasn't such a cheap SOB.....

lol Thanks buddy.  I have enjoyed putting this club through the mill. More to come pending weather in my neck of the woods. 

Cleveland

I didn't play well today however one of the bright spots is when I chipped in for a birdie on the 3rd hole to pick up two dots.  The SSW also saved a couple of pars for me from tough spots around the green. Besides the birdie chip in my next best shot was a 70ish yard shot that finished 5 feet behind the hole.    Yea the pocket picker made a little change today...  ;)

Cleveland

After chunking 3 short chips yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on this club. Those 3 shots cost me my flight in the tournament. Should've easily shot 79, but wound up with an 82. Horrible. Only issue is what club to take out. Thinking my 54 but it's a very tough decision!!

After chunking 3 short chips yesterday I decided to pull the trigger on this club. Those 3 shots cost me my flight in the tournament. Should've easily shot 79, but wound up with an 82. Horrible. Only issue is what club to take out. Thinking my 54 but it's a very tough decision!!

Good for you and I hope you will enjoy yours as much as I do mine.  It took me some time to figure it out and I still occasionally hit some squirrely shots with it however overall, I have hit way more quality shots.  You will be sent an email by Square Shot Wedge that has several very good tips by Andy North.  This will help you practice some good techniques. 

Yesterday I was hitting shots out of our practice bunker and the lip was fairly high.  I was surprised at how well the shots flew out and landed soft.  I tried to video them however the short little tripod I have did not work well so I'm looking at getting a taller one for my Iphone.  I  suppose I could pull the golf cart close to the trap and sit the small tripod I have on the seat and try that. 

It's very easy to hit high pitch shots from up to 100 yards with it.  The loft is 45 degrees and most strong PW's these days are at 44 so it flies similar distances. 

When you get yours post your thoughts so it will help others decide if they want to try one.  Remember you have 60 days to try it and if it doesn't work for you, full money back refund. 

Cleveland

The SSW helped me win $15.00 today.  The funny thing being I hit more good shots with it from 100 yards in than the close greenside chips.  It blew me away with the number of nice high wedge shots I hit with the aka pocket picker!   I struggled with it around the greens as my touch was crappy however we all have those kind of days.   With that said this might be my go to wedge from 100 yards in.  :D

Cleveland

The SSW helped me win $15.00 today. The funny thing being I hit more good shots with it from 100 yards in than the close greenside chips. It blew me away with the number of nice high wedge shots I hit with the aka pocket picker! I struggled with it around the greens as my touch was crappy however we all have those kind of days. With that said this might be my go to wedge from 100 yards in. :D

I figure you have 3 more 18 holes and the Green Monsta will pay for itself? Close....?

Rick

Left Hand, 

I figure you have 3 more 18 holes and the Green Monsta will pay for itself? Close....?

Yea buddy that's what I'm hoping for!  :D

Cleveland

Soooooooo, basically you can thin the clubs you carry down to 10 or so, and soon enough all you're going to need is a Sunday bag ?  ;)

Yes sir! lol

Cleveland

Ok guys I promised ya'll some wedge shots with the Square Strike Wedge.  I hopped on the range and hit three shots prior to my round Thursday morning.  The first shot I hit a mid high trajectory and the last two were high to show the versatility of the club.  If you watch closely you can see the ball flight as it heads towards the red pin 100 yards out.  All three balls were moving in a great line towards the pin with the mid flight shot reaching 120 yds..  Pretty good for what some people call a chipper huh?  ;)

Oh and by the way, don't laugh at my homemade swing because the pocket picker might come hunting you down. They don't teach that sort of swing in golf schools.  In fact, they run from em.  :D

Ok without further ado the pocket picker seeking the 100 yard red flag on my driving range.  Later the guy driving the ball picker upper came by and said , "hey dude you trying to ring my bucket or something?"  :P

https://youtu.be/g_FUsu9Ssxo

Cleveland

Ok guys I promised ya'll some wedge shots with the Square Strike Wedge. I hopped on the range and hit three shots prior to my round Thursday morning. The first shot I hit a mid high trajectory and the last two were high to show the versatility of the club. If you watch closely you can see the ball flight as it heads towards the red pin 100 yards out. All three balls were moving in a great line towards the pin with the mid flight shot reaching 120 yds.. Pretty good for what some people call a chipper huh? ;)

Oh and by the way, don't laugh at my homemade swing because the pocket picker might come hunting you down. They don't teach that sort of swing in golf schools. In fact, they run from em. :D

Ok without further ado the pocket picker seeking the 100 yard red flag on my driving range. Later the guy driving the ball picker upper came by and said , "hey dude you trying to ring my bucket or something?"

https://youtu.be/g_FUsu9Ssxo

Great video OG. I see training videos in your future

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Did you learn from the school of Berger? Great vid OG

Screenshot-2016-06-13-14.47.52.png

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Yup I taught him everything he knows.

Cleveland

One of the guys I'm playing with today uses a SSW and he's been telling me how much it's helped him as his scoring has greatly improved. I'm told. (this guy for some reason always cards a low score when I'm not playing with him.) So today I'll keep and eye on him and his awesome SSW mastery. We shall see.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Out of curiosity @olegray...has using the SSW helped with any of your other clubs? Do you find that using it has helped you with impact position on any of your other clubs?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Out of curiosity @olegray...has using the SSW helped with any of your other clubs? Do you find that using it has helped you with impact position on any of your other clubs?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Great question! Actually I've been thinking the same thing. I've noticed my irons have been really solid lately

Cleveland