Our Sponsors

Adam, Southeast Tennessee

Current wedges: Ping Glide 2.0 56 and 60, use the 50 from my Taylormade Burner Plus set

Strengths: Full shots 50-75 yds, bump and run chipping

Weaknesses: Distance control on pitching, consistent clean contact/turf interaction, spin control

Handicap: 18

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(4) TESTERS Announced: Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges Another week, another review opportunity for you, fellow Golf Spies! And we think you're going to really like this one. There's been plenty o

TESTERS ANNOUNCED   Well it's time to end Friday on a high note, by getting four of you excited about testing these great wedges.    Another great turnout on the entries, we truly appreciate everyon

Almost two days with no entries.  Seems like a good time to pick some testers, what do you all think?      Check out this cool video about the wedges, and if everyone is ready we'll be back in a few

Posted Images

Tim - Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Cleveland 588 RTX 52-56-60
I'm working intensely on my short game this year.  I feel like I'm better than my handicap from 100 yards in.  My strengths would be chipping and pitching within 30 yards from fairways and light, consistent rough.  Weaknesses would be bunker play, especially the longer ones, hitting from deeper rough and spin control from all situations. 
HDCP - 9

Scott - New York

Cleveland RTX 52, 56, 60 degree

Strength - flops, chips in rough around greens

Weakness - tight lies

Handicap - 14

Thank you the opportunity. Mygolfspy continues to give the most unbiased information.

Driver: Taylor Made SLDR

Irons: Taylor Made RSi2 4-PW

Hybrids: Adams Tight Lies 3 and 5

Putter: Taylor Made Spyder

Wedges: Cleveland RTX 50, 56, 60

Walt-Tennessee

Cleveland CBX 58*- TM MG 56*- Vokey 52*

Strengths, short flop, mid-pitch/weakness, 3/4 swing, 75-90 yard shot

16 HDCP.

Thank You for the opportunity. 

:ping-small: G400 MAX  Alta CB- 55

:cobra-small: FW 15* King F-7 :Fuji: PRO-65

:ping-small: G400 Hybrid Alta CB-70

PXG 0211 5-SW Mitsubishi MMT Graphite

:titelist-small: AP1 52* SW TT XP-95

:taylormade-small: MG 58* TT DG Wedge

:bettinardi-1: BB-41

Grips- GP MCC+4

Donny Texas

Mizuno 46 52 56
love the low spin and check but have issues with the thin lie-chuck at times

Mizuno MP25's With KBS C taper stiff shafts

Ping G Series 10.5 Tour Model

Right Handed

Prosper Texas

8.2 hdcp

Robert, Wisconsin

Current wedges; Wilson Fg Tour PMP Blue 52(bent 51), 56 2 up x100 shaft.

Strength fearless, Weakness thinking I can pull off any shot with only 2 wedges.

Handicap 9.5

Thank you for another great opportunity. I'm really in need of 3 wedges.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

Rick A is 69 years of age and plays five times per week here in Peachtree City, Georgia. I play to a5.5 index, but once the Bermuda grass starts growing that will go down to a 1 or 2. I currently play with Callaway MacDaddy wedges 50-54 and 58.

I'd love to test the Hogan wedges and review them for Golf Spy. Thanks.

Rick A is 69 years of age and plays five times per week here in Peachtree City, Georgia. I play to a5.5 index, but once the Bermuda grass starts growing that will go down to a 1 or 2. I currently play with Callaway MacDaddy wedges 50-54 and 58.

I'd love to test the Hogan wedges and review them for Golf Spy. Thanks.

Adam/Connecticut
Vokey 52/56/60/64
Short game strengths/weaknesses: I'm very, very reliant on my wedges from 125 yards and in. They're my most used set of clubs, I practice them the most and how I do with them dictates my score. I landed on Vokeys (which I really like) after trying older Hogans (pretty good), Mizunos (good) and Ping (disappointing).
Current handicap: 10

Anh/BC
56 - Taylormade TP, 52 - Vokey SM6 F Grind, 50 - Cleveland RTX 588
Used to be money with the wedges as I was a higher handicap and usually took three shots to get to a par 4 hit a lot of good shots in from a 100 yards. But as I got longer with my driver it took out a lot of those shots and now coming in with mid to low irons instead so have lost a lot of tough with those wedges. Trying to get those wedges back. I'm still very decent with a bunker shot if there is enough sand in the bunker and little bump and runs have become a lot better.
Current handicap - 10.4

Driver: Ping G400 Max

Woods: 2016 TaylorMade M2

Hybrids: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - 3 & 4

Irons: 2017 TaylorMade M2 - PW -5i

Wedges: 56 - TaylorMade, 52 - Titleist - SM6 F-Grind, 50 - Cleveland RTX