Our Sponsors

First name/Home state or province: Chris Michigan
Current wedges: Vokey 52 SM4, Vokey TVD 56, Mizuno MP 68 PW
Short game strengths/weaknesses: Strong partial shots 30-70 yrds and chipping. Weakness flop and soft short wedge
Current handicap: 8.4

• Replies 671
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

(4) TESTERS Announced: Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges Another week, another review opportunity for you, fellow Golf Spies! And we think you're going to really like this one. There's been plenty o

TESTERS ANNOUNCED   Well it's time to end Friday on a high note, by getting four of you excited about testing these great wedges.    Another great turnout on the entries, we truly appreciate everyon

Almost two days with no entries.  Seems like a good time to pick some testers, what do you all think?      Check out this cool video about the wedges, and if everyone is ready we'll be back in a few

Posted Images

(4) TESTERS WANTED:

attachicon.gifhogan-sitewide.jpg

Ben Hogan Equalizer Wedges

Another week, another review opportunity for you, fellow Golf Spies! And we think you're going to really like this one.

There's been plenty of chatter here and in social media on the new Equalizer wedges from Ben Hogan. 1025 forged, enhanced V-Sole, Progressive Center of Mass - there's a lot here to get you intrigued, and we want four of you to test, review and keep a 3-wedge set of Hogan Equalizers, and let us know if they're the real deal.

attachicon.gifBen-Hogan-Equalizer-Wedges-4.jpg

TESTERS WANTED:

Four of you will be chosen to review a 52-56-60 set of Equalizers with your choice of shafts offered by Hogan. In addition, Hogan will tweak the lies and swing weights to fit your specs. And if you need the lofts adjusted a degree or so, they'll do that, too.

This review opportunity is open to any avid golfer in the US and Canada.

attachicon.gifBen-Hogan-Equalizer-Wedges-std-feature-copy.jpeg

HOW TO APPLY:

As you all know, we take our member reviews pretty seriously. You'll be asked for a full two-month commitment to take these things to the range and the course, and follow a detailed template to write up a thoughtful, detailed and - most importantly - honest review.

To apply, tell us in this thread (and ONLY in this thread!):

First name/Home state or province

Current wedges

Short game strengths/weaknesses

Current handicap

We'll announce the testers in this thread next week, so make sure you check back. Thanks for applying, and Good Luck!!!

attachicon.gifBen-Hogan-Equalizer-Wedges-1.jpg

Would love me to test the Hogan Equalizer Wedges. Currently playing Cleveland RTX 2.0 wedges in 52°, 56° and 60° lofts. If the wedges are available in regular flex graphite shafts, I am currently using SteelFiber 95, +0.5" length shafts and Iomic jumbo grips. I can add the 1/2" and replace the grips myself to get the proper fit! Thanks for the chance.

Lawton

Hcp. 14.7

Good putter, 32 ppr

Prefer to chip & run vs. flopChambers%20Bay%20Driving.jpg

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

296hole-in-one WITBDriver - Ping G400 Max 10.5* or Titleist 917 D3 10.5*. Fairways - Srixon ZF45 17* 4w; Callaway Rogue 16.5* 4w; Callaway Epic 20* Heavenwood & 24* Divine Nine wood. Irons: TaylorMade P790, 4 - AW. Wedges - Cleveland Black RTX 2.0 AW 52, SW 56 & LW 60; Callaway SureOut 58* SW & 64* XW. Putter(s) - Scotty Cameron Concept X CX-01; Scotty Cameron Golo S5; Scotty Cameron Red X2 C/S; Ping Sigma 2 Wolverine H; Balls - Callaway Truvis; Volvik Vivid Matte Finish; Titleist Pro V1x.

Stewart/Alabama

Ping 49 degree U Wedge

Ping 54 degree Sand Wedge

Volkey 58 degree Lob Wedge

Short game strengths - Usually make good approach shots; hitting the green

Short game weaknesses - Poor Pitching and Chipping
Current handicap - 14 GHIN

Another great opportunity! I'm going to have to pass on this.

Looking forward to great reviews

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Ping G410 Plus

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead

Irons; Ping G410 5-SW & Mizno 919 Hot Metal 5-SW

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Nick/North Carolina
Hogan TK 52, 56 Hogan Sure Out 60
Lob Shots and greenside bunkers/Ball checks up too soon on bump and runs and chips

Driver: Srixon Z355 12 Degrees

Fairway: Srixon Z45 17 Degrees

Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 20 Degrees

4-PW: Ben Hogan Edge (2018)

GW: Ben Hogan TK15 52 Degrees

SW: Ben Hogan TK15 56 Degrees

LW: Ben Hogan Sure Out 60 Degrees

Putter: Ben Hogan "The Hawk" by Bettinardi

Dale VanAman

Ocala, FL

GW - 50# - Taylormade RBZ

AW - 52# - Callaway Jaws

SW - 55# Mizuno JPZ 900

Strength - full shot distance and spin control

Weakness - chipping distance control, 1/2 and 3/4 shot distance control and spin

Current handicap - 9

I've been SERIOUSLY looking at these wedges. I had two older equalizers as a HS golfer 20 years age. A 56° & 61° Were my favorite wedges. I wore the grooves completely down! I'd love to try these new ones out.

Chris from Oklahoma

Playing the RTX 2.0 Cleveland wedges in a 54° & 58°

I don't use the lob wedge much as I have a tendency to chunk it. I hit my wedge well from the sand. Usually pretty good from 40-80 yards out. Can get too hands & chunk done from inside 40.

I play to an 8 right now. There was a time 10 years, 4 children & about 50lbs ago I was a +1. Finally getting a chance to go out & play as my boys are all older & in school.

Keep up the good work!

Al/ Nevada

Current wedges

Titleist AP2 gap wedge Stiff graphite shaft

Titleist Volkey 54 degree wedge stiff graphite shaft

Titleist Volkey 60 degree wedge stiff graphite shaft

Strengths

Wedge play from 50 yards in very good and especially chipping and pitching from tight lies

Weaknesses

50 yards to 90 yards do not get the wedges as close as I would like

Fluffy or deep rough play around the greens.

Current Ghin index is 5.4

Al

5.4 ghin index

Taylormade M2 Driver Stiff light weight graphite shaft

Taylormade 16.5 degree HL 3 wood light weight graphite shaft

Hybirds

Titliest 917--21 degree stiff light weight graphite shafts

Irons

Titliest AP3 718 regular multi-material graphite shafts 1 degree flat 4 thru gap wedge

Titliest Volkey wedges 54 and 60 stiff light weight graphite shafts 1 degree flat

Scotty Cameron Newport 2 Studio Select putter 34"

Snell MTB Black ball--

Caleb King / Oklahoma

Hopkins CJ-1 50*, 54*, 58*

Strength: Nice touch near the green/fringe. Distance control is usually an asset. 54* and 58* wedges are the primary weapons used.

Weakness: bump and run shots along with the 70-85 yard range.

Handicap: 5

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy