dagratest816

New Member from KC MO area

Hey All, i am new to mygolfspy. I have been a regular member on golfsimulatorforums (have a skytrak and play on the tour) but i got a google now notification about some wedge testing and figured i'd give it a shot. Registered and started looking around and see that this is a very good place for all kinds of education about golf. Looking forward to coming back often and checking out all the different information within this forum!

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum from Indiana

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Welcome from Northwest Ohio - glad to have you here.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Welcome from the Pacific Northwest!  Glad you joined us.

• Like 1

Welcome to MGS from Metro-Detroit.

• Like 1

Welcome from the Wichita area!

• Like 1

Welcome aboard

• Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Announcements

• Daily Deals

• Sponsors

• Our Sponsors

• Member Statistics

• Total Members
    • Most Online

Newest Member
    SnapHook415

• By GregB135
      Spent a couple of hours this afternoon at the Tampa Bay Golffest event. A really nice though not especially large demo day event hosted by Tampa Bay Downs. Had a chance to hit some of the new offerings out there in the marketplace and some potential GolfSpy test candidates. 
      Hit several drivers. The new Mizuno ST, Ping G410, Wilson Cortex, and Cobra F9 Speedback. Keeping in mind it wasn't full fitting for each, but the reps did ask enough questions to get you close enough spec wise so you were hitting something close to your current gamer. Of the 4, my least favorite was the Mizuno, it just didn't have the same feel as the others. The Ping G410 just felt AWESOME. The Cobra felt good, like the ball was exploding off the face, but the ball flight was a little higher than my preference, and the ball was airborne for.....ever. The Cortex was a surprise. Felt good and solid, sound and ball flight were right there with all the others. I hit a smattering of irons, but wasn't focused enough on those to include data. The latest of the Mizuno JPX forged though was a very solid feeling club. In any case, I didn't put anything back on the rack thinking "boy that sucked" so be encouraged GolfSpy universe, there is some really good equipment coming out this year.
      Also spied some of the new Bridgestone e12 golf balls in the sale tent. I'm sure we are all waiting for the revelation of those testers (my fingers are crossed).
      Last, I got some Trackman style feedback on the effectiveness of the SuperSpeed training system (about to start week 9 for me). Participating in the skills contests, included 4 Trackman assessed shots with driver. With a mis-fit glove, no warm-up, no golf shoes, and a random selection of not my drivers to choose from, I got all 4 swings onto the grid with 3 going past 270 at 100mph. About a 15-20 yard gain from last season!! Still waiting on the promised email with the Trackman video/data and pro comparison.
      A pretty cool afternoon.

• By GregB135
      Hey fellow spies. Last summer I submitted course reviews from my competitive league season down here in the Tampa area. As I am preparing again for the start of the season in March, I will plan to do the course reviews again here, as well as summarizing my prep and performance. When the league schedule is posted I will list the courses, then as each play week concludes I'll do my course review and my best sports analyst impression to report on that week's play. I'll try to include a few more pictures this season as well, we play some pretty nice courses.
      The league has about 45 members, uses a full handicap stroke play format with each week's field set at 32-36 players split between two flights.. League points are earned for weekly placement, and there are options for skins and close-to-pin. There are three majors on the schedule worth double points, one of which is a two-day event, and another week set aside for a two-man team event. The season concludes a Top-20 invitational, then a Ryder Cup style event with teams selected by two team captains from first the top 20 finishers, then captains picks from the rest of the field.
      Since I finished 25th last year, my goal for the season is to crack the Top-20 and earn a playing spot in the invitational and an invite to the Cup event.
      What have I done to prepare so far? Lessons for one thing, though I'm not certain the teacher/student dynamic is working well because I sometimes struggle to translate his input into something I can feel in my swing. I was lucky enough to be selected for the Odyssey EXO putter test, and my putting has been improving since. Since I'm now one year away from Champions Tour eligibility, I got a set of the SuperSpeed Training system to at least try to maintain what club speed I've got left, if not improve a bit. 
      I hope you all enjoy reading about the journey, and I welcome any/all input and encouragement.
      Cheers for now.
    • By WhiskeyBanjo
      Just trying to get back into the game.   Been away for a few years.    Hope for good convo and tips.

Thanks guys,
      WB
    • By Nttom
      For sale is a new in the box "The Palmer Original Putter" which includes the putter which is signed on the grip, the head cover, and the box which are original and in perfect shape. This is the absolute perfect item to be displayed in any man cave. I am asking $1000 OBO. For inquiries please message me on this platform or email me at - nt.dinaso@yahoo.com.
      Photos (click here)      
      Photos Backup - https://drive.google.com/open?id=1jy01iIRyMcLJ1mc4HaUhQOp4JBEZO9xy
    • By mbolegs
      New again.  Read articles previously.  Play less than 10 rounds/year.  Playing 38 yrs, since 5 yr old.  no membership.  great mechanics.  great mobility.  family & money limit rounds.  Par4Success training facility has helped me maximize my mobility.  Range practice exposed strong feedback of driver shaft mismatch for my improved mobility & muscle engagement.  Had 2008 TaylorMade Tour Preferred s300.  Mismatch was felt on Driver Titleist 913D2 factory stiff.  Avg speed documented jump by 6 mph 2 months fitness work. 108 to 114.  7i SS 92mph during testing.  Golf Etc fitter is bringing down launch angle, maximizing my feel.  This is my first factory purchase with fitting.  All else expect very first set have either been hand-downs or used set from golf store.  So in love with the game!  Finally committing myself to a game I intend to play as long as I live.
      Where can I find repeatable comparisons of SST Pureing vs non-Pured shafts? 
  • Recent Topics

• Latest from the Blog

• Happy Birthday Today!