Sign in to follow this  
GeekingGolf

White Ping Golf Bag - Bad Idea?

Our Sponsors

I have a white Srixon Z4 carry bag.  I love the color.  I'm not worried at all about it getting dirty.

attachicon.gifshopping.jpg

That's a sharp looking bag too!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 2

Well, I'm not sure why I didn't post this earlier...as part of the Cobra Connect II Challenge that I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in, I also received the MGS Most Wanted Ultralight Stand bag winner from Cobra.  So I chose the Bright White Electric Blue Lemonade color.... I'll let you know how it holds up against the dirt (when I played Friday in wet condition with a electric golf cart, the cart kicked up a lot of dirt onto my current bag, a Sun Mountain Four5).  I'm going to spray it with scotch guard to to proof it more against dirt and water.  I'll let you know how it works out..

909263-03.jpg

MDGolfHacker

• Like 4

I had a mostly white Srixon stand bag a few years back. I soaked it with Scotchguard and that worked very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

• Like 2

I had a mostly white Srixon stand bag a few years back. I soaked it with Scotchguard and that worked very well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I figured if it worked on shoes, it probably would work on golf bag :D  Glad to hear it worked!

MDGolfHacker

Well, I'm not sure why I didn't post this earlier...as part of the Cobra Connect II Challenge that I was lucky enough to be chosen to participate in, I also received the MGS Most Wanted Ultralight Stand bag winner from Cobra.  So I chose the Bright White Electric Blue Lemonade color.... I'll let you know how it holds up against the dirt (when I played Friday in wet condition with a electric golf cart, the cart kicked up a lot of dirt onto my current bag, a Sun Mountain Four5).  I'm going to spray it with scotch guard to to proof it more against dirt and water.  I'll let you know how it works out..

attachicon.gif909263-03.jpg

MDGolfHacker

I've been looking to check this bag out.  Golf Galaxy doesn't stock it.  Please keep us posted on how it performs.

I've been looking to check this bag out. Golf Galaxy doesn't stock it. Please keep us posted on how it performs.

Dr Strangelove,

Absolutely! It will be part of my review along with the F8's as a tester for the Cobra Connect Challenge II. You can follow the pre-chatter here https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/22902-cobra-connect-challenge-full-bag-edition-pre-chatter/?fromsearch=1

MDGolfHacker

Not exactly the same, but I have the white Ping DLX cart bag from 2016. The white holds up really well. I give it a quick wipe down when I clean the clubs and that’s about it.

Wouldn’t avoid white unless maybe you’re a one bag and always carrying kind of guy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

For me it's about what you like. If you like the bags functionality, the ease of carry, and like the color...get it. Sure it's going to show dirt but any light colored bag will. I'm using what looks like the same bag in orange and love it. SmartSelect_20190428-084915_Google.jpeg

Sent using the MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

Anything white that has to do with golf is a bad thing. Always looks great then turns to s*** 

• Like 1

I never buy bags new, Ebay all the way. You've got to expect a  bag is going to dirty and knocked about.

I alternate between a faux leather Titleist tour bag in black and a gaudy blue Titleist Stadry stand bag but tbf, I whack both of them on a Motocaddy S7 remote trolley anyway.  Tour bag cost me £40 and came from a pro shop. It had  been used to display clubs so only wear as such was on the base. The Stadry was £20 off a mate.

I would like a proper Motocaddy Dry Series bag with 14 way dividers but cant justify £200 when I have 2 bags already.

Actually I have 4 if you include my cheapo bullet bag I use when I practice and the gaudy bag I got in a comp I entered which will never see the light of day ever!

• Like 1

On 4/27/2018 at 4:20 PM, GeekingGolf said:

I think the new Ping Hoofer in white looks really sweet. I am sure this has been covered multiple times but couldn't find it in the threads. Anyone have a hoofer or another stand bag in white? Is it a bad idea due to how dirty it could get. Truthfully if it's raining I don't play. I just think it will go good with my stock headcovers I already have M1 driver and hybrid and XR16 5 wood. It's really the only color I like in that bag and don't want to spend 230 on a SM 3.5. Thanks.61-B86D4nWL._SX425_.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

I like the look and if you do, go for it.  My decision would be based on the material it's made of.  My Sun Mountain bag (medium blue) is made of that rip-stop nylon and it is not easy to clean. Of course, sliding beds in/out of pick-up beds dosen't help, but surely if it were white would be a mess.

• Like 1