TESTERS WANTED! ×

Graphite Iron Shafts

808nation

How many times can pull and install a shaft before the tip wears down and integrity is compromised. Looking to purchase some second hand graphite shafts for my Srixon 565's to replace the Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw I have on now, they feel really good swinging them but I think the heavier weight is taking some toll on my body. I might go with i95's or some Recoils.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

When I went for my fitting at the Tour performance center at TPC Sawgrass my fitter told me that Jim Furyk had the same shaft in his irons for 20 years. Just kept switching the shafts from set to set.

If it's a good club builder you'll be fine. The Aerotec 110's are beasts. A mini tour guy that I know just switched out of those to the 95.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

• 1 year later...
On 4/27/2018 at 5:22 PM, 808nation said:

How many times can pull and install a shaft before the tip wears down and integrity is compromised. Looking to purchase some second hand graphite shafts for my Srixon 565's to replace the Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw I have on now, they feel really good swinging them but I think the heavier weight is taking some toll on my body. I might go with i95's or some Recoils.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I love my i110s!  So silky smooth feeling.  That was one of the selling points from my fitter, that they'd last forever.  I was a little hesitant to switch from steel to graphite but, the #s didn't lie.

Driver:  Taylormade '16 9.5* M1 Fujikura XLR8 61 S RH

3 Wood: Cobra F7 14.5 Degree Aldila DVS Fairway 75X

5 Wood: Taylormade R15 17 degree Fujikura Speeder 67 S

Hybrid: Ping G400 3 Hyb 19 degree S

Irons: Titleist 716 AP2 4-PW Aerotek Steelfiber i110 cw S RH standard lie and 1* strong

Wedges: 50 Callaway MD 4, 54 Vokey SM5, 58 Callaway Forged

Putters: Oddysey White Hot #7 Fang, Scotty Cameron Futura Phantom Mallet, Callaway S2H2

I too have Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw stiff shafts in my Honma irons. I loved them when I did the fitting but when they can in and I tried them for the first few rounds, they felt really boardy and it seemed I had to work really hard to get anything out of them. My fitter and I tried all sorts of things, swing weight changes, regular flex shaft, and we changed the lie to 1° upright. The lie change helped the turf interaction a lot which also helped the feel somewhat but still did not feel the same as the demo used for the fitting. Finally, it twigged on my fitter that the only thing different than the demo club was the grip, I had them built with mid-sized GP CP2 grips to help with the arthritis in my hands, especially the right hand. We switched out the mid-size for a regular sized CP2 , adjusted the swing weight and the feeling improved again so now they feel much closer to the demo club. I think the feeling improved due to the fact that changing grip size increased my swing speed by almost 4 mph so that made the shaft feel softer. My point of all this is, see a fitter and maybe tinker with a few things before giving up on your shafts.

:taylormade-small: M5 9° Driver Hzrdus Smoke 6.0 Stiff

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 3 Wood VA Raijin 74 Four

:taylormade-small: SIM Max 5 Wood  Fuji Ventus Blue 6 Stiff

:honma: 19° 3 Hybrid Patterson Balistic Hut30

:honma: TW-X Irons Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:honma:TW Wedges 54°/60° Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw S

:odyssey-small: EXO Putter