I have been using Arccos for 4 months, says my handicap is 15. I don't belong to a club, thus I don't have an "official" handicap. Does anyone uses Arccos and knows if the handicap the system assigns is accurate?

• Like 1

I just finished my fourth round with Arccos.  My Arccos handicap does not match my official handicap, because my official handicap has 20 scores in.  My Arccos handicap "feels" accurate, but I won't know until I play 16 more rounds with it and all of my official handicap scores are in Arccos.

• Like 1

I have Game Golf but the way they calculate handicaps is probably similar. I would say they are fairly accurate. My GG handicap is only .1 strokes off my GHIN index...

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I have been using Arccos for over a year and I have plenty of data to breakdown.  From what I know of the system Arccos takes the facets of your game (driving, chipping, approach and putting) and breaks them all down using a similar formula the PGA uses for strokes gained. The handicap number for each facet gives you an idea of what type of handicap index you would be in that facet, ex. chipping handicap= 4.5 you have been chipping like a 4.5 handicap. The overall handicap represents your skill level using these facets as a gauge (as far as I could research and what I understand from the Arccos website).  

As far as I know this is not a USGA handicap. I use The Grint (USGA handicap) app to track mine, which is sitting at 9.7, my overall Arccos is at 10.2 which is pretty close.  I would say it is a pretty good gauge of where you are at without being an official USGA handicap. 

Hope this helps, or it may just be extremely confusing. 

• Like 1

My GHIN Hcap is currently 20(). I now have 11 rounds with Arccoss and it has me with 21.3. Not really far off.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Welcome to MGS! I think it is fairly close but not exact to an official GHIN

Welcome! You can easily check to see how accurate it is by entering your last ten scores or so in to one of those online websites which will calculate your index.

MDGolfHacker

• Like 1

Welcome to MGS from Metro-Detroit.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy