Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Fitting for Mizunos

GeekingGolf

So I stopped in the PGA superstore yesterday to look at some irons. I have had a lot of trouble with accuracy as of late and wanted to get a fitting to see if anything had changed. Well I tried Mizunos specifically the JPX900 forged...the your look too small for me. Well needless to say tried the shaft analyzer and looks like I should be in a regular or softer stiff flex. Tried the three different shafts and the modus shaft really tightened up my dispersion. The distance with them is unreal I was hitting the 6 iron as far as I hit my 5 iron presently and the feel of the clubs is truly amazing. I could tell exactly where I hit on the face. The shaft also had tons of feel I could really feel where the club was in my swing unlike the I200 with AWT shafts I presently play. I didn't make the switch because I have a hard time trading my last years I200 for 320 store credit and purchasing the 900s for an extra 550. If you were in this situation would you do it or would you get refitted by Ping rep and send off to have shafts replaced possibly or like adjusted possibly.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Both are viable options and for me I would probably look at several brands but if I'm going to spend money I'm usually going the new club route

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

You're most likely better off getting new irons after buying the new shafts/grips and install yourself your over $300 more if you have to get them installed. A quick completed listing on eBay most used i200 sets are going for just over $500 to just over $600 so selling that route you'd be spending about the same amount of money and getting brand new custom fitted irons.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

You won't get the "feel" of the mizuno's with the Ping's no matter what you do. Forged vs. Cast heads are going to create different feels. Now, since feel is super subjective and doesn't necessarily help you hit a good golf shot, it may not be the most important.

I would take in your i200's and hit them side by side with the mizuno's. He may even be able to get you a demo i200 to hit with the modus shaft, if it does the same thing, a re-shafting should not be hard. However, it may not work out to be significantly cheaper than replacing the clubs outright. If they are $50 per, and you have 8 clubs, the difference may be worth it to you. But that's my thought.

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

Will PGA SS let you take out some loaners?  That'd be the ideal route so that you can hit them side by side.

I don't know...the i200 are awfully nice...did the Shaft Optimizer indicate that your current shafts are wrong?

Sounds like maybe a stiff shaft soft-stepped 1x is what it is suggesting??

I agree with you though...those Modus shafts are sweet.

Maybe the PGASS has a i200 head that they can add a modus shaft into so you can get a good idea if the difference in the heads are significant ?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

The shaft optimizer did say that the shaft I currently play is wrong and yes stiff shaft soft stepped 1x is about right. I think I am going got find a Mizuno fitter st a golf course around here or more likely a Ping fitter to see

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

The shaft optimizer did say that the shaft I currently play is wrong and yes stiff shaft soft stepped 1x is about right. I think I am going got find a Mizuno fitter st a golf course around here or more likely a Ping fitter to see

I'm a big Mizuno irons fan so you can probably guess what I'm going to say :D Still, Evershady said it, selling them on ebay will allow you to only spend a few bucks to get the Mizunos with the Modus shaft. I was also fit with the optimizer with the Modus shaft and have them on order with the Cobra F8 irons for the Cobra Connect Challenge II test here at MGS.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Uh oh, you got a taste of the Mizuno butter and now that's all you want to put on them biscuits!

If it were me, I wouldn't be able to get the Mizuno feel out of my head -- probably because it did happen to me after my fitting. Golf is as we know, a mental sport and you're going to second-guess your i200's all day. They're both great clubs but at the end of the day #nothingfeelslikeamizuno. The distance gain is probably due to the i200 5iron being 26 degrees and the 900 forged 6iron being 27 degrees, so it's probably safe to leave that out of your decision. I think Mizuno irons are 1-degree toe-down as standard, so that might be playing a part in the dispersion (not sure what ping dot color you're playing now).

As others have said, pulling shafts, buying, reshafting, regripping -- all of that might cost you close to the difference between selling your i200's and buying new JPXs.

Driver: :callaway-small: Rogue ST Max LS Tensei AV Blue S

3w/5w: :titelist-small: TSi2 Tensei AV Raw Blue S

4h: :mizuno-small: CLK 22* Hybrid Tensei CK Pro Blue 80HY S

Irons 5-PW: :mizuno-small: 223 Steelfiber PR 95 S

Wedges: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Tour Rack 50, 54, 58 Steelfiber PR 105

Putter: LAB Link.1

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond

Uh oh, you got a taste of the Mizuno butter and now that's all you want to put on them biscuits!

If it were me, I wouldn't be able to get the Mizuno feel out of my head -- probably because it did happen to me after my fitting. Golf is as we know, a mental sport and you're going to second-guess your i200's all day. They're both great clubs but at the end of the day #nothingfeelslikeamizuno. The distance gain is probably due to the i200 5iron being 26 degrees and the 900 forged 6iron being 27 degrees, so it's probably safe to leave that out of your decision. I think Mizuno irons are 1-degree toe-down as standard, so that might be playing a part in the dispersion (not sure what ping dot color you're playing now).

As others have said, pulling shafts, buying, reshafting, regripping -- all of that might cost you close to the difference between selling your i200's and buying new JPXs.

Red dot so knowing that about the Mizunos explains alot

Bryson DeChambeau

Call Discount Dan's, or email them. My set of MP-18 SC, 4-PW, was $800-something. Far less than any other option out there, and you just give them the specs you want. No tax, no shipping.

If you can get to a Mizzy rep to confirm, I would.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

I got the text the JPX900 forged last season and I'm still impressed. I played my first round of the year on Saturday (I live in Ohio so yea...) and literally picked right up with my irons where I left off last season. First time that has ever happened. I'd still recommended as you mentioned going to truly get fit as this will let you know 100% what your decision should be.

With all that being said, the Mizzy's are an incredible set of irons.

Driver - Tour Edge Exotics XCG 7 Beta w/ Paderson shaft 44"

Fairway Metal - :nike-small: Vapor Fly 15* w/ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Blue 65F 43"

Irons - :taylormade-small: SLDR 4i-pw w/ KBS Tour C-Taper 90S

Wedges - :edel-golf-1: 54* and 58* Digger grind

Putter - :scotty-cameron-1: 2015 GoLo 3 33"

Those 900 forged are spin killers and the i200s tend to be on the higher spin side for most people. It wouldn't shock me to hear you go up a club with the forged.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:wilson_staff_small:  Cortex w/MGS Motore X F1 7X tipped 1"

:wilson_staff_small: F5 17 degree hybrid w/Rogue Black 85X

:wilson_staff_small:C300 Forged 3-5 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V6 5-6 w/C-Taper 130X

:wilson_staff_small: Staff Model Blade 7-PW w/C-Taper 130X

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52, 56, 60 w/S400 Tour Issue

:EVNROLL: ER7

I have to admit I really liked them but will probably try a few different brands before making a decision. Any suggestions as to which ones. Oh and the last sell of i200 irons on eBay just went for 299 so that sucks for me

Bryson DeChambeau

At demo day I really liked the Srixon 765 with the modus shafts.

Also ... Don't overlook the Wilson c300 forged. Those were outstanding.

Lastly, the Callaway X forged and Rogue pro were nice but pricey.

Have fun and enjoy!

I have to admit I really liked them but will probably try a few different brands before making a decision. Any suggestions as to which ones. Oh and the last sell of i200 irons on eBay just went for 299 so that sucks for me

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Apart from the feel aspect, the big advantage with Mizuno is the shaft options available at no charge. I wish more OEMs would go down this path.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

At demo day I really liked the Srixon 765 with the modus shafts.

Also ... Don't overlook the Wilson c300 forged. Those were outstanding.

Lastly, the Callaway X forged and Rogue pro were nice but pricey.

Have fun and enjoy!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

If you aren't in a hurry, there are a couple of us getting ready to test the C300 and C300 forged.  We are submitting our specs to get the order processed so they should be in our hands in a few weeks. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

If you aren't in a hurry, there are a couple of us getting ready to test the C300 and C300 forged. We are submitting our specs to get the order processed so they should be in our hands in a few weeks. We will be happy to answer any questions you have.

I appreciate that I will try to hold off and now am regretting not throwing my hat in the ring for that opportunity I look forward to your review

Bryson DeChambeau

I recently through an iron fitting, when I got the Callaway rogue correctly it does fly forever, 5-10 years farther than the mizunos. However the feel was not there, and feel and accuracy win the day for me and Mizuno delivers that consistently. I've got my mizunos jpx ordered and just waiting for them to come in.

Side note I also switched from ping, and I did like them, but as someone else mentioned, once you've had that taste, it's impossible to forget it

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Bryan Pool

Ping G20 Driver

Bombtech hybrids

Ping G20 green dot irons/wedges

Cleveland Huntington beach 6 putter 

That set was 6 to U only 6 clubs, I don't think that is a very sought after set make up. I'm not sure what irons are in you set but you did mention at least 5. So if you have standard 3 to pw or even 4 to pw you'll be in much better shape.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Chippewa Falls Wisconsin

10.3 Index

Right Handed

What's in the bag:

Driver: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 8* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-flex, :ping-small: Anser 8*, Black Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex; :cobra-small: King LTD Pro Orange Grafalloy Bi-Matrix X-Flex

FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour F5 15* Fujikura Speeder 757 Evolution Tour Spec X-Flex :ping-small: Anse14*, Fujikura Speeder 757 US Open Edition , X-Stiff

Irons: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour V4 2 utility Iron, 3-PW, +0.25, 2* Upright, True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100

Wedges: :wilson_staff_small: FG Tour PMP Gun Blue 52* bent to 51*, 56* True Temper Dynamic Gold X-100 Shafts

:edel-golf-1: E2 35", :wilson_staff_small: 8802 35.5", :ping-small: Scottsdale, Wolverine C 35" :ping-small: Anser Milled, Anser 2 34"

That set was 6 to U only 6 clubs, I don't think that is a very sought after set make up. I'm not sure what irons are in you set but you did mention at least 5. So if you have standard 3 to pw or even 4 to pw you'll be in much better shape.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

I have 5-UW

Bryson DeChambeau

Ok so couldn't resist went to a Mizuno fitter brought my clubs this time he said warm up. I warmed up a bit then hit 6 irons. Of course wouldn't you know it I'm freaking smoking each one with a tiny draw. I hit about 8 averaging 5.5 yards left of center carrying 173 he says "ok stop stop stop". He then says "I can't do better than that, those are perfect." I almost broke the club over my knee. Life of a hacker.

Bryson DeChambeau

Archived