Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - PING G400 Drivers

It's a great shaft - I'd love to know who made it for Ping. Like I've written I can't miss the sweet spot with that shaft.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Don't quote me on this, but I think UST Mamiya makes the tour shafts for Ping.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

New G400 head is on it's way, so for my round today I had to play with another driver I had, and man did I miss my G400. Despite shooting a personal best, the G400 just instills confidence when I'm standing over it. It's as close to a point and shoot driver as I've ever had. Paired with the HZRDUS Yellow 75 shaft, it's an absolute blast to game. Hard to believe a few years ago I hated hitting a driver.

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: 4.5LS

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth 9* w/ Aldila Red 60

Fairway: :taylormade-small: SIM 15* w/ Diamana 70

Fairway: :callaway-small: GBB Heavenwood 19* w/ Fujikura Pro 72

Irons: :taylormade-small: p790 4-PW w/ C-Taper Lite 110s

Wedge: :taylormade-small: MG3 50 & 54

Wedge: :taylormade-small: Hi-Toe 60*

Putter: :taylormade-small: Spider X

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5 PIX

My G400 and I have been fighting... Not because of it, but because I'm a mental midget. Got back to shortening my swing today and hit some solid ones... But I've got some work to to. Man is this thing good high off the face!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

Previously playing: Ping G10 - 9 deg - Grafalloy Prolaunch Red 

Now playing: G400 Max - 9 deg (tuned to 8 degree) - Kugo Kage 60g S 

Over the past 3-4 years I have demo'd drivers looking for something that outperformed my G10 on the course, I was fitted for the G10 and am a high spin player and basically I found nothing until... the G400. Swing 1 with the G400 and I was sold, I mishit it pretty bad (heel) and felt the ball come off like a rocket down to where I would hit a solid shot with my G10. I inquired about the G400 after the round and my pro (and Ping rep) told me to hold on as there was an LST model coming in a few months and since we played some golf together he knew my high spin woes.

I continued to demo the G400 whenever I could and waited and waited for the LST. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada so our golf season ends basically Late Sept early Oct and kicks off typically in Late April/Early May, both of these time frames coming in not optimal golf conditions, June through August however is generally quite perfect (weather and course conditions).

And then the day came, September 20th and .... I became a father!!! and for the purposes of a golf forum, my driver hunt for the year was over. haha.

Slide forward to June this year and the G400 Max was all the rage and I got my hands on it, and immediately booked a fitting. I found the fitting process very fun and launch monitor (I believe it was flightscope) cool to use. I tried all models of the G400 with all standard shafts until we dialed in the right specs.

Not to get to into it all but here are the details I recall the most:

• Swing speed - averaged around 105 mph
  • G10  average Carry - 270-275
  • G400 Max average carry - 290-295 (1 was over 300!)
  • Spin - (can't recall the numbers) - but down 400 RPM (I would imagine due to a degree loft off the driver)
  • Dispersion - No significant difference (which is fine, my strength is accuracy)
  • Summary - 20 more yards carry, lower spin and more role

On the course - I have only had the driver for 2 rounds after waiting for it to arrive and a 2 week holiday where is sat in the shop but I have started working the ball both ways which is fairly new. I actually have trouble hitting it straight which was the strength of the G10 but find I can hit a 10 yard draw or fade quite nicely. The draw seems to really bring in some new spots on the course and I really see that extra 20 yards. The fade as expected is shorter but seems to be where a solid straight ball with the G10 was and I can play that shot with less fear, a fade is my go to which I somewhat lost with the G10. The biggest factor on the course is the mishits, this is a step up from the G10 for sure in terms of carry. We have a couple risk and reward tee shots at my club and now I have nothing to worry about with the carry on a mishit. 

Overall, extremely happy with the switch, driving is a strength of my game and look forward to taking advantage of hitting it both ways (knock on wood) and seeing some shorter approaches in on a couple Par 5's and long par 4's.

I typically play a ProV1 but look forward to trying a couple new balls with the G400 Max as well. Got a sleeve of Tp5x's at a tournament recently and they will be in play tonight!

What's in the bag:

Driver:  Taylormade M2 10.5 deg (@8.5) - Accra Tour Z M4 (future Otto Phlex Grafalloy Pro Launch Blue 44g A flex as a 2nd option)

3 wood - Mizuno 15 deg (@14) ST200 - Tensei Blue X flex

Driving iron - Taylormade GAP2 2 lo (@16) - Accra M4 hybrid shaft (39 inch), 4 Utility - Taylormade GAPR 4 lo (@20.5)

5 iron -  Mp18 MMC Fli Hi - Modus 105x - 7 iron length

Irons - (PW - 6) JPX 900 tour - Modus 105x (6 iron is 7 iron length) 

Wedges (50,55) - Vokey SM7

Wedge (60) Callaway PM Grind        

Putter: Odyssey Arm Lock Double Wide with Superstroke Wrist Lock grip at 37 inch

Previously playing: Ping G10 - 9 deg - Grafalloy Prolaunch Red 

Now playing: G400 Max - 9 deg (tuned to 8 degree) - Kugo Kage 60g S 

Over the past 3-4 years I have demo'd drivers looking for something that outperformed my G10 on the course, I was fitted for the G10 and am a high spin player and basically I found nothing until... the G400. Swing 1 with the G400 and I was sold, I mishit it pretty bad (heel) and felt the ball come off like a rocket down to where I would hit a solid shot with my G10. I inquired about the G400 after the round and my pro (and Ping rep) told me to hold on as there was an LST model coming in a few months and since we played some golf together he knew my high spin woes.

I continued to demo the G400 whenever I could and waited and waited for the LST. I live in Calgary, AB, Canada so our golf season ends basically Late Sept early Oct and kicks off typically in Late April/Early May, both of these time frames coming in not optimal golf conditions, June through August however is generally quite perfect (weather and course conditions).

And then the day came, September 20th and .... I became a father!!! and for the purposes of a golf forum, my driver hunt for the year was over. haha.

Slide forward to June this year and the G400 Max was all the rage and I got my hands on it, and immediately booked a fitting. I found the fitting process very fun and launch monitor (I believe it was flightscope) cool to use. I tried all models of the G400 with all standard shafts until we dialed in the right specs.

Not to get to into it all but here are the details I recall the most:

• Swing speed - averaged around 105 mph
  • G10  average Carry - 270-275
  • G400 Max average carry - 290-295 (1 was over 300!)
  • Spin - (can't recall the numbers) - but down 400 RPM (I would imagine due to a degree loft off the driver)
  • Dispersion - No significant difference (which is fine, my strength is accuracy)
  • Summary - 20 more yards carry, lower spin and more role

On the course - I have only had the driver for 2 rounds after waiting for it to arrive and a 2 week holiday where is sat in the shop but I have started working the ball both ways which is fairly new. I actually have trouble hitting it straight which was the strength of the G10 but find I can hit a 10 yard draw or fade quite nicely. The draw seems to really bring in some new spots on the course and I really see that extra 20 yards. The fade as expected is shorter but seems to be where a solid straight ball with the G10 was and I can play that shot with less fear, a fade is my go to which I somewhat lost with the G10. The biggest factor on the course is the mishits, this is a step up from the G10 for sure in terms of carry. We have a couple risk and reward tee shots at my club and now I have nothing to worry about with the carry on a mishit. 

Overall, extremely happy with the switch, driving is a strength of my game and look forward to taking advantage of hitting it both ways (knock on wood) and seeing some shorter approaches in on a couple Par 5's and long par 4's.

I typically play a ProV1 but look forward to trying a couple new balls with the G400 Max as well. Got a sleeve of Tp5x's at a tournament recently and they will be in play tonight!

Great to hear of your success with it, thanks for posting your thoughts here! 

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

My LST has just been smoking them lately like 10-20+ yards. I mean I'm hitting shorter irons in quite often. And the temp isn't quite as hot as it was last month so I'm ruling the heat out.

What I'm thinking is that the club is getting fully broken in after a thousand or so hits.

My buddy's Rogue used to always have a few more yards, but now I'm out in front now and then.

Is this possible?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

My LST has just been smoking them lately like 10-20+ yards. I mean I'm hitting shorter irons in quite often. And the temp isn't quite as hot as it was last month so I'm ruling the heat out.

What I'm thinking is that the club is getting fully broken in after a thousand or so hits.

My buddy's Rogue used to always have a few more yards, but now I'm out in front now and then.

Is this possible?

Intriguing question, it's not just dryer conditions?

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

Is this possible?

Technically, I believe so, yes, but I'd be amazed if you saw any effect yet.

In theory a driver face is at its hottest shortly before it eventually caves in from wear, because the more you use it the more material you slowly remove from it, the thinner and springier it gets.

In theory...

That should be after forever though

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

I have the Tour 80 in mine - it's a great shaft for me - it's actually 67 grams in an R flex.

Stock is 45.25 which is what I'm playing it at - it's what I was fit for. I can't miss the sweet spot with that shaft in my LST.

I've had the Tour 80 for a while now and I am absolutely loving it!  

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

• 3 months later...

Just a little bump here.  Adam and Tony were both talking about next year being a banner one for drivers with all the OEMs releasing new ones.

I'm curious of any of the G400 devotees are interesting to switching away from their driver?  I played yesterday and was hitting it well past a friend who was hitting it 20 yards farther than me at this time last year - he has the G30 LST.  He hit my G400 LST a few times yesterday and picked up 5 yards plus over his old one. 

Mind you I'm doing the Superspeed test so that's where a lot of my yardage gain is coming from but I'm struggling to imagine that I would get much additional yardage or accuracy out of a new driver at this point.  I will check to see if I have the ideal shaft for my swing in the Spring (once my swing speed test is done) - I'm guessing not but we'll see.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I can't see myself changing away from mine. It's been the first driver that I have had full confidence in. Good yardage and I am able to find lots of fairways. Definitely going to be curious to see what's coming out, but doubtful I'll make a switch.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

5 minutes ago, revkev said:

Just a little bump here.  Adam and Tony were both talking about next year being a banner one for drivers with all the OEMs releasing new ones.

I'm curious of any of the G400 devotees are interesting to switching away from their driver?  I played yesterday and was hitting it well past a friend who was hitting it 20 yards farther than me at this time last year - he has the G30 LST.  He hit my G400 LST a few times yesterday and picked up 5 yards plus over his old one. 

Mind you I'm doing the Superspeed test so that's where a lot of my yardage gain is coming from but I'm struggling to imagine that I would get much additional yardage or accuracy out of a new driver at this point.  I will check to see if I have the ideal shaft for my swing in the Spring (once my swing speed test is done) - I'm guessing not but we'll see.

Not one of the testers but having had a G400 in the bag since early summer I wasn’t planning to switch but the rumors of what the g410 is going to bring I’m definitely going to test it out. It will need to really outperform the G400 to get in the bag

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

I have a g400 Max in my bag and I don’t see it getting replaced in the near future. I am slow to replace clubs and since the g400 is providing good results no reason to really look.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Well, since I just sold the G400 MAX this week, I'll definitely be trying the G410 upon it's release or at the PGA Show.

Well, since I just sold the G400 MAX this week, I'll definitely be trying the G410 upon it's release or at the PGA Show.

You really didn’t have to answer every club in your bag is a candidate for replacement at a moments notice. Maybe you need to show your clubs some more love.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Just now, cnosil said:

I have a g400 Max in my bag and I don’t see it getting replaced in the near future. I am slow to replace clubs and since the g400 is providing good results no reason to really look.

You move at about this speed replacing clubs.......but that's ok, someone has to balance me out 😎

black and white animation GIF

1 minute ago, cnosil said:

You really didn’t have to answer every club in your bag is a candidate for replacement at a moments notice. Maybe you need to show your clubs some more love. emoji2957.png

Oh I show them love, I just tell them not to make their self at home.   Except these Srixon 585's  I think they will be around for a while!

One day, a major OEM is going to run this ad: "Our clubs stayed in Rob's bag for 3 months. Enough said."

Actually that could happen and be right

Oh I show them love, I just tell them not to make their self at home.   Except these Srixon 585's  I think they will be around for a while!

Right

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

3 hours ago, revkev said:

I won't be looking any time soon either. My SFT has been a remarkable club so far and I cannot see it being replaced until the face turns to dust. I am thinking of trying some other shafts just to keep my tinker bug satisfied, like the Hzrdus Yellow lots of folks really dig, but overall I'm just happy, happy, happy. Irons? That's a different story. First $12-1500 bucks to land near my wallet, and I'll be in someone's bay getting fitted...

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

1 hour ago, mpatrickriley said:

One day, a major OEM is going to run this ad: "Our clubs stayed in Rob's bag for 3 months. Enough said."

Now, that's funny right there!! 

12 minutes ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Now, that's funny right there!! 

I literally did a "spit-take" when I read it too! Good job mpat!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

I have my G400 Max on a Veylix Rome 688 X shaft and it’s doing well, but I do want to try other shafts to see if I can lower spin a tad, but keep the accuracy. As far as replacing it when new ones are out? Driver is the LEAST safe club in my bag every single year. I do want to give the Max a good run, though, since I didn’t have it when the fairways were their fastest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

Here I thought the Bridgestones would be in his bag awhile... I guess they were in Rob's longer than most - 3 whole months!

Sent from my SM-G965U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

3 hours ago, mpatrickriley said:

And one day, maybe, one of them will be able to... 

Edited by GB13

Wilson Staff C300 9.0* Fujikura Pro 58 stiff

Callaway Rogue 3W Mitsubishi Diamana D+ LTD 80 stiff

Mizuno MP-18 MMC FLI-HI 2 iron UST Mamiya Recoil 95 stiff

Ping I200's 4-W Aerotech Steelfiber I110 CW stiff

Ping Glide 52* and 58* stiff

Bettinardi Studio Stock #38 Armlock

Here I thought the Bridgestones would be in his bag awhile... I guess they were in Rob's longer than most - 3 whole months!

Well after my fitting this summer the Srixons were destined to return to the bag. I had no expectations that the HF2 would be sooo good. But when time came for the Srixons, they have the right to earn the starting job. Just a shame it's basically the end of the season and any golf days between now and late March will be purely bonus.

Bridgestone Tour B JGR Driver and HF2 irons Pre Release Testing

1 hour ago, Golfspy_CG2 said:

Well after my fitting this summer the Srixons were destined to return to the bag. I had no expectations that the HF2 would be sooo good. But when time came for the Srixons, they have the right to earn the starting job. Just a shame it's basically the end of the season and any golf days between now and late March will be purely bonus.

If the Bridgestones don’t make the cut you know my address 😉

Driver:   :callaway-small: Epic 10.5 set to 9.5 w/ Tour AD-DI 44.5

FW:   :cobra-small: F6 baffler set at 16º

Hybrid:  NONE
Irons:   :taylormade-small:  3i 2014 TP CB  4-PW 2011 TP MC w/ TT S400

Wedges:   :nike-small: 52º :nike-small: 56º  :edel-golf-1: 60 º w/ KBS C-Taper XS Soft-stepped

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma G Tyne 34 inches Gold dot

I had actually forgotten about the results of your TXG fitting. Makes sense that you would put them back in your bag at some point.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I got my G400 as a birthday present from the wife a year ago September. 15 months and going strong. And considering I had my G5 driver in the bag for 15 years I still have a good decade or more before even considering a new driver again. I mean, I’m not made of money, and at $400, I’m going to get my moneys worth on this great club.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I'm actually giving some serious thought to a new driver this coming spring. Maybe. I've been playing my 2014 SLDR since it debuted. It will be a hard task for any "newbie" to oust the SLDR from my bag;  but I'm still going to make my old pal earn his keep and the newcomers work for it.

I'm certainly going to consider a G400 of some flavor.... LST? Max?  I'll also look at other brands and models. (I'll want to try the Cortex and the new F9) 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

41 minutes ago, PlaidJacket said:

I'm actually giving some serious thought to a new driver this coming spring. Maybe. I've been playing my 2014 SLDR since it debuted. It will be a hard task for any "newbie" to oust the SLDR from my bag;  but I'm still going to make my old pal earn his keep and the newcomers work for it.

I'm certainly going to consider a G400 of some flavor.... LST? Max?  I'll also look at other brands and models. (I'll want to try the Cortex and the new F9) 

Keep us posted on your journey for sure. The way you've talked up that SLDR over the past several months (or longer), I'd be real interested to see if anything you test gives it a run. Have fun!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers