Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

New Member - Advice sought

Hi Revkev, 

Thanks for the response. Yeah, I used to play a 3 iron, quite liked it but think the ease of a hybrid probably wins out. 

Looking to get on a launch monitor to see some numbers, then (hopefully) find a decent second-hand 19-degree hybrid fairly cheap which I can put in play. 

Thanks for the advice, 

Sam

Welcome

I will chime in because I'm skimming the replies this one didn't come up - I think

(Caveat - a fitting would be the best move)

Baring a fitting or other professional consult you have for options - a five wood, a three hybrid (around 19 degrees), a driving iron, a traditional 3 iron.

Sounds like you've already eliminated the 5 wood and I would assume the 3 iron as well (even touring pros normally sub out these anymore). So for you the question is hybrid or driving iron.

Test some out and see how you hit them - there are tons of different design offerings within the hybrid category and you can pick a wide variety of used hybrids up for a song.

IMO there's very little difference between a 5 year old hybrid and a current model.

Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for all the advice on my post. Finally managed to get myself into a shop and on the sim...

Opted for a Callaway H2 Hot Hybrid 19degree w/ a stiff shaft, think that'll slot in nicely at the upper end of the bag! Just need to get a game in now and see what other clubs I can blame for my golf...

Thanks again, 

Sam

Hi Everyone, 

Thanks for all the advice on my post. Finally managed to get myself into a shop and on the sim...

Opted for a Callaway H2 Hot Hybrid 19degree w/ a stiff shaft, think that'll slot in nicely at the upper end of the bag! Just need to get a game in now and see what other clubs I can blame for my golf...

Thanks again, 

Sam

Welcome.  I'm glad to see I'm not the only one whose clubs are at fault for their game! ;)

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Archived