TESTERS WANTED! ×

Do you wear long pants all year round like the Pros?

OHIOgolf

Arizona summer golf in 110 F. Nope. Shorts it is. I'll take my chances with the rattlesnakes and cactus before the heat.

And there are a crazy few of us out here that play through the summer. It's the poor man's golf season here.

Sent from my VS985 4G using MyGolfSpy mobile app

PXG 0311 Gen 5 9°/ Fujikura MotoreX F1 6X
:cobra-small:  F6 3 Wood 14* / Kuro Kage Silver 65X
:cobra-small: F8 6 wood 20* / Fujikura MotoreX F3 6S

:cobra-small: RADSpeed Hybrid 24*
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg TS1 4-GW / FCM Precision 6.5 Rifle
post-76102-0-38507100-1525284411_thumb.jpg  TSW Wedge - 56/12
:edel-golf-1:  EAS 1.0 / Grip master 2.0 

MAXFLI  Tour CG

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

agree! Pants offer protection from poison Oak, too

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Hate that stuff. I had an unfortunate encounter about 15 years ago. Took three rounds if oral and two steroid shots to get rid of it.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

Pants. Two reasons- maybe three- 1. As much time as I spend in the woods, poison ivy, oak, sumac, what have you are serious concerns, to say nothing of the sticks and briars. 2. The blinding flash of my chrome-like shins is positively disastrous, and possibly dangerous to myself and others. 3. Modern (tech-fabrics) trousers are very breathable and protective to my aformentioned chrome legs' melanoma sucking lily-white skin tone. That being said, I sweat like no other, so I always make sure to chug water before, during, and after playing. And in the humidity of Minnesota summers, it feels like you're wearing pants anyways. Oh- and mosquitoes. They WILL fly UP your shorts leg and get to your nethers.

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Pants. Two reasons- maybe three- 1. As much time as I spend in the woods, poison ivy, oak, sumac, what have you are serious concerns, to say nothing of the sticks and briars. 2. The blinfing flash of my chrome-like shins is positively disastrous, and possibly dangerous to myself and others. 3. Modern (tech-fabrics) trousers are very breathable and protective to my aformentioned chrome legs' melanoma sucking lily-white skin tone. That being said, I sweat like no other, so I always make sure to chug water before, during, and after playing. And in the humidity of Minnesota summers, it feels like you're wearing pants anyways. Oh- and mosquitoes. They WILL fly UP your shorts leg and get to your nethers.

LMFAO I think you need to also tuck your pants into your socks, make sure there knee highs. That would have been an awesome read had it been the weekend and I had a few in me.

Sent from my XT1635-01 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

:cobra-small:             F7+ w/Fujikura Pro XLR8 Graphite Shaft

Ben_Hogan_Golf_Equipment_Company.jpg.b9602c912623c841ad9ad52593c15dee.jpg                3-I  MPF H-Series3B2M graphite Shaft w/Winn Dri-Tac grip mid

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png            STi   Irons 5-SW   KURO KAGE  70IR Flex-R  Lamkin Grips

:cobra-small:             King F6 Hybrid Matrix Red Tie HQ4 Graphite Shaft

MALTBY.png.a2a7b0f0659df827f6200a68ab77f34c.png           Forged FGT  60* wedge KURO KAGE 70R SS cross Comfort grip

:odyssey-small:           O-Putter 1W

I rock shorts unless the course requires pants. The weather, and golf, is meant to be enjoyed, not endured.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Thanks, Kid!

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

• 2 weeks later...

I don't trust guys wearing pants on the course in the summer time. Something isn't right between the ears if they want to endure swamp ass, red ass, jock itch, crotch rot, chaffing, etc...

Got to let the boys breathe. My favorite shorts are Adidas Ultimate Airflow because they have a vented mesh-type material along the inseam and back side. Under Armour is too thick to breathe. Travis Mathew is garbage in the humidity. Puma is great, lightweight material. Haven't touched Nike in awhile. You can find some good sales for adidas in the spring and fall when new lines are being released. 

Cobra Connect 5 Competitor - Team Chad

• :cobra-small: King Radspeed 10.5* w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 60 6.5 tipped 1/2" - Peacoat/Red
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Big Tour 3 Wood w/ Hzrdus RDX Blue 70 6.5 Tipped 1/2"
  • :cobra-small: King Radspeed Tour 5 Wood w/ Motore X F1 70 X Flex 
  • :cobra-small: King Utility 4 21* w/ Tensei Pro White 100 X Flex
  • :cobra-small: King Tour MIM Copper Irons 5-G w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :cobra-small: King MIM Black Wedges 55* & 60* w/ AMT White X100 Onyx
  • :taylormade-small: Spider SR
  • :titelist-small: Pro V1x Left Dash
  • Lefty

I don't trust guys wearing pants on the course in the summer time. Something isn't right between the ears if they want to endure swamp ass, red ass, jock itch, crotch rot, chaffing, etc...

Got to let the boys breathe. My favorite shorts are Adidas Ultimate Airflow because they have a vented mesh-type material along the inseam and back side. Under Armour is too thick to breathe. Travis Mathew is garbage in the humidity. Puma is great, lightweight material. Haven't touched Nike in awhile. You can find some good sales for adidas in the spring and fall when new lines are being released.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I had to go into wallyword the other day, and on my way past the men's clothing I noticed they'd started carrying the Ben Hogan line of clothing (thought that was really odd). ... It appears they're decent microfiber type fabric - no slacks, but the shorts and and shirts were about 15-bucks, and if you're on a budget, looking for something to replace your cargo pants/jorts <_ worn and tired golf wear it sure would fit the bill.>

They have started carrying the BH line in microfiber shorts and long pants my way for a while now. I picked up a couple of the pants last year and they are decent, except they don't have a retention lining to keep the shirts from coming untucked so any shirt you wear seems to always come untucked during the swing.

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

I love wearing my golf pants. Heck, I'm lucky enough to work in an industry that I get to wear them for work as well! However, I am a sweater! And boy when it gets over 70°, my Seattle blood starts pouring sweat. Therefore I LOVE wearing shorts in the summer on the course. My only issue is all the gosh darn gnats and skeeters!

My biggest issue is finding pants/shorts that fit my 19 years of football thighs/arse. Even the spandex in them sometimes fit too tight. Luckily Travis Mathews makes an accommodating fit, but the price deters me from buying them.

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Shorts any day I can, I wear them into December here in Georgia and occasionally on the warmer winter days, I am usually back in them full time by March.   My long golf pants get more wear at church during the year than they do on the course.  

Driver -     Rogue ST Max
Woods -   Rogue ST MaxRogue ST Max 3, 5 & 7 Wooda 
Irons -      Rogue ST MAX OS  5 - AW
Wedges -   Zipcore RTX 6 50°  CBX2   54* & 58*  

Putter -    ER2
Rangefinder -  NX9 Slope
Ball -  Vice Pro Soft Drip

Bag -  Xtreme Cart 7.0 Bag Heather/Red/White

Yes, all the time. The new golf pants are very comfortable, above all breathable and light....like wearing shorts except classier looking.

Losers = cargo shorts, throw em out if you still wear them. One of women's magazines did a poll of what mens apparel turns you off the most... Cargo shorts any color, as long as it has exterior pockets was the number one turn off.  Most of the women's comments mentioned "loser"

Archived