TESTERS WANTED! ×

ADAMS SPEEDLINE 9064LS - ULTIMATE REVIEW!

GolfSpy_X

• SPY VIP

1-1-9064-face-5.jpg

ULTIMATE REVIEW! – ADAMS SPEEDLINE 9064LS

I said at the beginning that I'd never hit an Adams driver that I loved. That's not true anymore. Numbers aside, the Adams 9064LS is my personal favorite driver of 2010. While I can never be certain that somebody won't send me something I like better tomorrow, right now the Adams is in my bag and will probably stay there until the snow falls.

READ FULL REVIEW!

#TruthDigest

Cool review :lol:

Some questions/comments:

(1) Which stock shaft was used for the review, the Alpha or Gamma? If both shafts were tested, what were the significant differences, if any?

(2) Spec Check mentions the length being 44.5 inches, while Adams' website has it at 45.5 inches ... is Adams really a full inch off?

(3) Did any testers experience a draw bias with the driver, as opposed to fade/neutral?

(4) It should be noted that Adams had been offering an instant $100 rebate - either in the form of a gift card or $100 off the driver - when customers bought the 9064LS at an authorized retailer. I don't know if that promotion is currently available - or even available at the time of the review - but I would think that the value rating would be a bit more positive for a $280 top-of-the-line driver.

• SPY VIP

Cool review :lol:

Some questions/comments:

(1) Which stock shaft was used for the review, the Alpha or Gamma? If both shafts were tested, what were the significant differences, if any?

(2) Spec Check mentions the length being 44.5 inches, while Adams' website has it at 45.5 inches ... is Adams really a full inch off?

(3) Did any testers experience a draw bias with the driver, as opposed to fade/neutral?

(4) It should be noted that Adams had been offering an instant $100 rebate - either in the form of a gift card or $100 off the driver - when customers bought the 9064LS at an authorized retailer. I don't know if that promotion is currently available - or even available at the time of the review - but I would think that the value rating would be a bit more positive for a $280 top-of-the-line driver.

I thought I mentioned which shaft we had, but it may have gotten chopped during some final editing. Anyway, we have the Gamma shaft which promotes a higher ball flight. I'd actually like to the try the Alpha out as well, but often we get what we get.

As far as speccheck goes...TYPO...big fat TYPO on my part. The shaft is 45.5, right where Adams says it is.

I don't know if Draw Bias / Fade bias would be accurate. I hit plenty of both during my testing time. For the most part, the guys who hit draws hit draws, and the faders hit fades. What we observed is that the ball moved left to right, and right to left, a bit less than it did with their gamers. It seems to be designed to go straight and that's what it does (that's not to say you can't hook or slice it...it's not magic, but it helps).

I am aware of the rebate, and that sort of complicates the issue a bit for sure, but to me it seems like a bit of a silly game. If you want to knock $100 of a driver, just do it, none of this gift card/rebate crap (instant or otherwise). Just my opinion on that one, and as I said in the review, it could very easily have been an A+ driver.

MyGolfSpy is only major golf site that refuses advertising from large golf companies. With your support we can keep it that way. Donate Today

Subscribe to the MyGolfSpy Newsletter

What we observed is that the ball moved left to right, and right to left, a bit less than it did with their gamers. It seems to be designed to go straight and that's what it does (that's not to say you can't hook or slice it...it's not magic, but it helps).

So, what you're saying is that if I buy this driver, the massive hooks that I've been hitting lately will turn into draws. ;)

• 4 weeks later...

hi MGS,

first post:

im all the way from Australia. ive been around golf for along time & this is one of the best reviews i have ever read. i read the review a little while ago... But in the mean time because of your review i purchased a driver from the US (my wife asked me why i needed another Driver... i blamed you ;) ). i got it for a very good price.

The club was assembled at a local shop owned by Art Sellenger. It has a Project X 6.0 stiff shaft and has been SS Pure tested.

So now for my review: drivers i now own, R7 10.5*, R9 Supertri 10.5*, Callaway Edge 9.5*, Adams Speedline10 9.5* & Adams 9064LS 9.5*. R7, R9 & Callaway drivers i really enjoyed hitting. the Speedline 10 brought me to a new era in my golf. longer, straighter... either dead straight or slight draw. love it... then came the 9064.

the 9064LS is stunning, its looks, feel the way it just sits there & looks @ you... it wants to be hit. whilst it has taken time to get used to i believe its all because of the shaft... the sound to the feel is awesome. i think the shaft maybe a little stiff as i am not constant with the distances yet. hitting fairways not a problem. off the deck, its 70/30 miss/hit ratio... but it will come.

would i tell a friend about this driver? hell no, i dont want them to have the same weapon i have in my bag... i did that with the Speedline 10 which i still do play once or twice a month. i have abit of a soft spot for it.

as for the 9064LS... its in my bag, its my gamer!!!

cheers matty

!B52U1ywCWk~$(KGrHqIOKigEyVk!5E)gBMvMK2evbQ~~_121.jpg

!B52U3GwBGk~$(KGrHqMOKjUEyKdE3iQkBMvMK7iMyQ~~_121.jpg

!B52Uy0g!2k~$(KGrHqMOKj8Ey,CDgW7GBMvMKq5+6!~~_121.jpg

• SPY VIP

Well first off welcome to the forum Shaven...and great first post.

I am glad to hear that you found the review to be the best you have ever read. That was the goal when we started this review project and we re still improving on it every time. Once we get it to the point where we feel like it is as close to perfect as we can get it we might have some bigger plans for them...have to wait and see on that one though.

Thanks for taking the time to post the review and pictures...greatly appreciated.

hi MGS,

first post:

im all the way from Australia. ive been around golf for along time & this is one of the best reviews i have ever read. i read the review a little while ago... But in the mean time because of your review i purchased a driver from the US (my wife asked me why i needed another Driver... i blamed you ;) ). i got it for a very good price.

The club was assembled at a local shop owned by Art Sellenger. It has a Project X 6.0 stiff shaft and has been SS Pure tested.

So now for my review: drivers i now own, R7 10.5*, R9 Supertri 10.5*, Callaway Edge 9.5*, Adams Speedline10 9.5* & Adams 9064LS 9.5*. R7, R9 & Callaway drivers i really enjoyed hitting. the Speedline 10 brought me to a new era in my golf. longer, straighter... either dead straight or slight draw. love it... then came the 9064.

the 9064LS is stunning, its looks, feel the way it just sits there & looks @ you... it wants to be hit. whilst it has taken time to get used to i believe its all because of the shaft... the sound to the feel is awesome. i think the shaft maybe a little stiff as i am not constant with the distances yet. hitting fairways not a problem. off the deck, its 70/30 miss/hit ratio... but it will come.

would i tell a friend about this driver? hell no, i dont want them to have the same weapon i have in my bag... i did that with the Speedline 10 which i still do play once or twice a month. i have abit of a soft spot for it.

as for the 9064LS... its in my bag, its my gamer!!!

cheers matty

#TruthDigest

Archived