Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Hogan apex 4 shaft comparison

LoganT

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone could tell me what modern iron shafts would compare to the Hogan apex 4 shafts I have in my Hogan redlines. I love these shafts and I would like to find something similar to put in my newer irons.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

True temper Dynalite 

Yep you nailed it--- A lot of us guys put older Apex shafts in other clubs-- Look at my signature

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Amen. I went from two sets of Hogans (Apex Redlines and Apex Plus) with 4's in them to my Mizunos with Dynalites.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Yep you nailed it--- A lot of us guys put older Apex shafts in other clubs-- Look at my signature

Stu - Is it true that Hogan wrote Bernhard Langer a nastygram after he won the Masters with Apex shafts in his Wilson Staffs?

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Stu - Is it true that Hogan wrote Bernhard Langer a nastygram after he won the Masters with Apex shafts in his Wilson Staffs?

I do not know about the Langer letter but I know about another letter. Back in the 70s a lot of Hogan dealers were selling shafts and/or installing them in non Hogan clubs. I know in my area they were very popular in Macgregor and Spalding clubs. Now my old man was not a Hogan dealer in fact he was not fond of Mr Hogan and would never say why. But his friend in Eastern NC was a Hogan dealer and was one of them that got the "letter" from Mr Hogan stating basically that "Any dealer caught installing or selling Apex shafts for other than Hogan clubs would be terminated as a Hogan Dealer" My old man's friend sent him a copy of the letter My old man got a chuckle out of that. It did not stop anyone those big time gamblers just ordered full sets of brand new Hogan irons and had the shafts switched by one of the independent club repair shops in our area. I have tried to find the old man's copy of that letter since he thought it was so funny he had it framed. This came up over on WRX one night and I have tried to find that framed letter ever since then

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I still have a set of Hogan irons with the Apex 4 shafts in them.

:callaway-small: rouge subzero Fujikura Evo 2 shaft

:titelist-small:  F2  3 wood Mitsubishi rayon 

:titelist-small:  818.21 hybrid Even flow black

Ben Hogan irons apex 4 shafts 

:mizuno-small: S18 wedges 50/54/58

:titelist-small:  Cameron and Crown M1

I do not know about the Langer letter but I know about another letter. Back in the 70s a lot of Hogan dealers were selling shafts and/or installing them in non Hogan clubs. I know in my area they were very popular in Macgregor and Spalding clubs. Now my old man was not a Hogan dealer in fact he was not fond of Mr Hogan and would never say why. But his friend in Eastern NC was a Hogan dealer and was one of them that got the "letter" from Mr Hogan stating basically that "Any dealer caught installing or selling Apex shafts for other than Hogan clubs would be terminated as a Hogan Dealer" My old man's friend sent him a copy of the letter My old man got a chuckle out of that. It did not stop anyone those big time gamblers just ordered full sets of brand new Hogan irons and had the shafts switched by one of the independent club repair shops in our area. I have tried to find the old man's copy of that letter since he thought it was so funny he had it framed. This came up over on WRX one night and I have tried to find that framed letter ever since then

I've heard about that kind of stuff as well. That's just hilarious.

What's in the bag:
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Archived