Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Wells Fargo—Quail Hollow

Kor.A.Door

So the year after the PGA we are back to being just the Wells Fargo, but what a great tourney we should have this year. Many big names attending. This should be really good. The Green Mile never disappoints, they are 3 of the toughest finishing holes on tour. Great field, great course, and the weather here in Charlotte looks to be just about perfect. So with this star studded field, who you got. One of the big names, or is it going to be someone a bit lesser known. This course favors long hitters, but the iron shots have to precise on many holes. It's hard to pick someone. Phil plays well here, Rory plays well here, JT plays well here. Or could it be one of the locals, Webb Simpson, or maybe Johnson Wagner who posted a good score on day 1.

I didn't get tickets this year, probably not smart, but maybe I'll get an offer from someone. Should b a fun watch this weekend.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

I've got lots of friends that volunteer, mostly it's retired folks that I know from thebcourses I play. The traffic to and from work is a bit much though. The parking for M-F is at Carowinds, and I have to drive right by there to go to and home from work, a 20 minute drive turns into 45 on the way home as we watch bus after bus come and go.

This is kinda related but not really. I saw Tiger today on I think it was 17 mark his ball on the green then whip his ball to his caddie to clean. The hole was surrounded by water and the caddie was out of view on the TV screen so I thought what is the ruling if his caddie misses the ball and it goes in the water?

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

This is kinda related but not really. I saw Tiger today on I think it was 17 mark his ball on the green then whip his ball to his caddie to clean. The hole was surrounded by water and the caddie was out of view on the TV screen so I thought what is the ruling if his caddie misses the ball and it goes in the water?

Something along the lines of your fired?

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

I think he has to fish it out of the water or it's a penalty. I think this happened at a web.com event a couple years ago. The player dropped the ball and it went into the water, and they had to get it or incur a penalty.

I can tell you, the ground in this area right now is rock hard that's why the balls you see, seem to be going a long way and seem to be taking some really nice trampoline bounces on the greens wspecially with long irons. You need less club and play for a bounce and run up.

At 230 yards no doubt.

I used to want to bring my ball flight down, but why?

For me I'd rather my stock shot have a nice high peak like that.  I can always play a knock down if I want to lower the flight

For the record I peak out with my irons around 120 feet (but I only carry my 7 iron 174

I think he has to fish it out of the water or it's a penalty. I think this happened at a web.com event a couple years ago. The player dropped the ball and it went into the water, and they had to get it or incur a penalty.

surely he just replaces the ball with a substitute, the ball isnt in play when the caddie is cleaning it. Seems really harsh (and stupid) if you are penalised for accidently dropping a ball thats not in play.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

For me I'd rather my stock shot have a nice high peak like that. I can always play a knock down if I want to lower the flight

For the record I peak out with my irons around 120 feet (but I only carry my 7 iron 174

I guess it was last year when I decided to try a lower flight. It was stupid windy all spring. I carry my 7 around the same, not sure of peak height. It was way up there.

For me I'd rather my stock shot have a nice high peak like that. I can always play a knock down if I want to lower the flight

There was about a 10 mph wind at his back. The higher the ball flight, the more wind help he received. It was Probably a 195 years shot with the wind. It would have been interesting to see where that ended up had it not hit then flag stuck.

Almost everyone was hitting 5 or 6 iron on that hole, there were 3 people to hit 7, Phil, Day, and Watney.

surely he just replaces the ball with a substitute, the ball isnt in play when the caddie is cleaning it. Seems really harsh (and stupid) if you are penalised for accidently dropping a ball thats not in play.

rule 16, and rule 15. The situation I was referring to was actually DJ at the Players last year. He was tossing his ball to his brother and he ball slipped out of his ha d and rolled into the pond. The rule 16 states the ball has to be replaced after marking it on the green. Rule 15 does not alllow you to switch balls in that situation. There are times when you can take a ball out of play with no penalty. In this case though it is a 2 stroke penalty

Archived