Testers Wanted! Titleist SM10 and Stix Golf Clubs ×

Wedge Spacing Question

Happy Friday!

I am sure this topic has been covered in the past, so forgive me if I am doubling up on something that has already been discussed.  A little back story on me.  I am playing Ping i200 irons 4-U, and I love them.  After I had my irons for a few months I decided to go in to upgrade my wedges (I was hitting an older nike set).  I went into the golf shop already decided that I would get either the vokey or glide wedges, but after getting fitted and swinging several options I went home with taylormade milled grind 54 and 58.  Fast forward a few more months and add in the fact that I moved from New Mexico to California, so I had to rediscover all of my distances, and I am realized that my spacing on the golf course between my U and my 54 is a lot closer than I thought it would be. For that matter it is closer than what is was on the monitor during my fitting.  I hit my U about 130 and I am hitting my 54 125ish.  I thought it would end up being 130 for the U and more like 115 for my 54.  So I am pretty much decided that I need to have my 54 bent to a 55 or maybe even 56 and my 58 bent to a 59.  I think that would put my shot spacing where I had originally planned, and in theory would add a little more bounce to my wedges as well.  

Sorry if I made a short story long here, but I wanted to throw this out and see if I am missing anything or if anyone has a better idea for me. If not, and I am on the right track I am going to stop at the golf shop on my way out of the office today and proceed with the plan.  It is Friday after all and I am ready for some weekend golf!!!

Thanks in advance!

:ping-small: G30 Driver

:ping-small: G30 3 and 5 Wood

:ping-small: i200 red dot 4-U

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Fastback Select

Remember to keep in mind when you start bending your wedges to change lofts that at the same time you are changing your bounce also. Other than that, I would definitely have the changes made by someone who does that on regular basis. Have fun and hit them long and straight.

WITB:

Driver - Callaway BB Alpha 9* Kuro Kage 50g. Reg. Shaft - 45"

3 Wood - Callaway X-Hot 3 Deep Pro 14.5* Project X 5.5

5 Wood - Callaway XR 19* Project X 5.5

3 - 5 Tour Edge Exotics EX9 Hybrids 18*, 22*, & 25* w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft

6 - PW - Callaway Apex w/ AeroTech i80 SteelFiber Reg. Shaft - Standard length & lofts 

GW, SW & LW - Hogan TK - 49*, 54* & 58* - KBS fst - Wedge flex

Putter - Ping - Mid Ketsch Heavy - 33"

That was my thinking as well jlukes, as would be fine with a little more bounce on those two clubs.  

:ping-small: G30 Driver

:ping-small: G30 3 and 5 Wood

:ping-small: i200 red dot 4-U

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Fastback Select

Archived