How to make heads over heels?

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

JPX 900 Tours are the way to go!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

I game i200's, and I love them. But only with the nippon Modus 105 shafts. With the stock shafts I got more distance, but no spin and inconsistent distance.

So whichever you like the look and feel of, go with that. Then find the best shaft for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: SIM2 Max 12° - Accra TZ6 M4

FW Wood:     th.jpg.d6e2abdaeb04f007fd259c979f389de6.jpg Gen5 0311 7w  Fujikura Motore X F3

Irons:   :srixon-small: ZX7 PW-7i, ZX5 6i-5i

Wedges: :cleveland-small:  Zipcore 50°, 58°

Putter:   :taylormade-small: MySpider X

Cart: image.png.5aa5e9b8c0d6e08a2b12be76a06a07ca.pngOnewheel XR+

Ball: :srixon-small: Z-Star Diamond/ Z-Star XV

I game i200's, and I love them. But only with the nippon Modus 105 shafts. With the stock shafts I got more distance, but no spin and inconsistent distance.

So whichever you like the look and feel of, go with that. Then find the best shaft for you.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I got completely opposite results to you. With the Modus shafts I was all over the place. AWT 2.0 in Stiff Regular (Japanese Spec shaft), consistent distance, a lovely high flight with good descent and holding greens. I tried every shaft in the fitters cart, he then went back into his shop and came out the with SR flex, just suits my swing. 

Ping G400 MAX 9*, Ping G 3 Wood, TM Aeroburner 4 Hybrid, 4- PW Ping I200, Vokey SM6  50, 54, 58, Cameron & Crown M2 Mallet.

look at Mizzie MP 18 SC with modus 3 shafts (no upcharge with Mizzie) and Modus are fast becoming a shaft of choice

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

This isn't about my game it's about yours. Interestingly you and I are the same age and handicap and yet from your comments we get there in radically different ways.

So be smart - ignore what other people are saying they use - almost no relevance for you.

You game mizuno and have had success. I'm taking it you are wanting a bit more forgiveness and umph.

Stay in Mizuno and start with an iteration of the JPX 900's to see what seems most comfortable there. If that doesn't work look at something else Mizuno before moving on.

My biggest equipment mistake was not getting back to Ping Irons sooner.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

My I200s with AWT shafts are great. I hit them very good indoors but on the course not so good. The Mizunos are amazing no doubt but I think forged will always feel better. When I tried the JPX 900 forged the shaft analyzer put the Reg flex modus in the mix and it was really really good. I normally play stiff flex but that day the reg was working.

Sent from my SM-G950U1 using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Find a good fitter that carries as many of the clubs you like and go get fit or narrow down to a set or two and get fit specifically for that set.

Golf clubs are somewhat personal in why people play them and what works for one might not work for someone else

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

One of my golf buddies plays the Ping i200's on steel 95. I've tried hitting them multiple times over the last year with no success. Then last week I hit them twice and nailed both shots.

They're the “hot” version, a few degrees stronger than the normal bend.

I have to admit they felt decent, but still “clicky” , which makes me wonder if the Rev has a point. I have games mizzies for 30 years. They feel good, I think everyone knows that.

But- I know that new tech in new different clubs have to feel good too.

I like to hear what others are gaming, in relation to the newer clubs, and why they like them.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

If you are going to get fit and like soft forgings at least try the Srixon Z765s. They are a really really soft feel with good forgiveness in a players cavity look. They are definitely worth a hit. I went to them after gaming Mizuno MP60s for years.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

The good thing is that out of that list, you're pretty much guaranteed to have 2-3 lines that'll really work well for you, especially once you dial them in via fitting. 

Sometimes the researching and testing/trying is more fun than the actual purchase :D

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

You have to actually hit them. In my opinion, find shaft that works and then. Figure out the club.

I have or will be hitting most players , players distance, and game improvement irons. It really is personal preference, I love clubs that people hate and hate clubs that people love.

Really looking forward to testing the C300 forged as part of the forum testing. I have hit them in the store and liked their performance.

If you have always played and liked Mizuno, why switch? They have models that will fit whatever need you have.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Go to a brand agnostic club fitter and try them all. A good fitter will direct you to the best set for your game.

Jim

Brand agnostic fitter.

Quote of the week.

Ironically my recent Titleist ball fitting was an eye opener. He recommended an iron type for my swing, not a particular brand. That iron type with the light graphite shaft that I prefer pops for me. I actually picked up 6 to 7 yards of carry with my six iron with more loft. Smoothed the gap between 6 and 5 hybrid right out.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Ironically my recent Titleist ball fitting was an eye opener. He recommended an iron type for my swing, not a particular brand. That iron type with the light graphite shaft that I prefer pops for me. I actually picked up 6 to 7 yards of carry with my six iron with more loft. Smoothed the gap between 6 and 5 hybrid right out.

Lost me with this.  Any iron with light graphite?  Reason for the distance gain is faster club speed?

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Archived