Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

On demand cyber coaching

With the advent of technology, apps and the ability to record your swing cyber coaching seems to be gaining quite a bit of momentum this year.

Has anyone tried any of the cyber coaches or anything that is purely online in which you record your swing, send it to someone and describe the problem your having?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

I'm curious about this too as I have been considering getting an online lesson pack from Potters Putting

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Been around for a while. I have been working on my putting 100% online for about 5 years. I have also gotten a couple of online full swing lessons.

Advantage is that you have access to lots of coaches. Disadvantage is there is a time gap between when you send the video and get a response. Also more difficult to have someone monitor if you are doing the provided drills correctly.

My putting instruction has been very successful; felt full swing instruction was not very satisfying and would rather do inperson.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Been around for a while. I have been working on my putting 100% online for about 5 years. I have also gotten a couple of online full swing lessons.

Advantage is that you have access to lots of coaches. Disadvantage is there is a time gap between when you send the video and get a response. Also more difficult to have someone monitor if you are doing the provided drills correctly.

My putting instruction has been very successful; felt full swing instruction was not very satisfying and would rather do inperson.

Interesting...there seems to be a real push this year with the stuff from the golf channel and golf digest.

Did you pay per 'lesson' or did you buy a "package"?  Any estimate on how long it took for a response?

Would you be willing to share who you went with for the putting lesson?

Driver-  Cobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X
Buggy- Motocaddy M7 GPS Remote Electric Caddy
Bag- Motocaddy Dry-Series

Proudly testing for 2024:

Interesting...there seems to be a real push this year with the stuff from the golf channel and golf digest.

Did you pay per 'lesson' or did you buy a "package"? Any estimate on how long it took for a response?

I did a couple of lessons for full swing. Response was about a day

I did a package for putting with Bruce Rearick of Burnt Edges Consulting based on his involvement on the PutterTalk community. He does a package for his clients and not a lesson based approach. You can also find his blog online and there was a review of his approach on MGS by Matt Satternus. I generally get a response from Bruce in a day or less.

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

:huh:

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

My opinion is that the golf instruction industry, both live and online, as become much, much too complicated.

Decades ago competent instructors taught basic address fundamentals, including grip, posture, and alignment.

Once a player learned these crucial fundamentals his/her good looking effective swing could naturally develop.

What are they teaching now? This is what my daughters' instructor teaches. And he's not yet 30.

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using Tapatalk

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Well, if your daughter's instructor is spending the time to teach the address fundamentals of grip-posture-alignment, because that instructor understands how those fundamentals influence the swing, then your daughter has a competent instructor.

As for alternative instruction, mostly that is a business that follows trends which change every few years. I could write more specifically about it, but I prefer not to, because people often take offense if their preference, or their instructor's style, is criticized.

Our (my wife and my) instructor focused on the same - although the I called it position, grip, alignment (easier to remember as PGA).

Now its on slight swing modifications but he always checks PGA at the start of the lesson

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Did you pay per 'lesson' or did you buy a "package"? Any estimate on how long it took for a response?

You didn't ask me, but I'll chime in.

I took a video lesson from Monte Scheinblum a couple years ago. The process was exactly as Cnosil explained. I think he got back to me in less than 24 hours. He had packages. I did it as a one off to get one particular thing squared away.

He has a bunch of videos on his YouTube sure if you want to watch a few to get an idea of his style.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Monte would be a good place to start. I did a lesson a couple years ago and he was spot on. I am planning to do more lessons this year.

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

So here's the other side. My full swing lesson was also with monte. Liked what I heard and saw in the videos so I signed up for a couple of lessons. Sent my video in for the first lesson and got some feedback exchanged an email or two. The feedback was accurate but for full swing I feel like I need that personal interaction. Never used the second lesson.

My putter lessons were more coaching and not a this is what you need to accomplish. It was more of a journey to understanding the putting stroke and how the decisions you make influence the putter you use and how the actual stroke is impacted.

• 3 months later...

So I ended up buy a series of 2 online lessons from Marcus Potter (Potter's Putting on Instagram) and I couldn't be more thrilled with how my stroke has progressed. I have been someone who was a pretty decent putter but had a tendency to miss putts I should be making or have longer than normal birdie dry spells. I was always pretty sure it was because my stroke was mostly self taught and would bring the push into play. After just the first lesson my putting numbers dropped dramatically by averaging around 26 putts per round over 5 or so rounds, with a high of 31. I highly recommend Marcus for anyone out their looking to improve your putting! He has worked with everyone from beginners to highly ranked amateurs and mini tour pros both online and in person. His most recognizable student is former University of Oregon golfer Sulman Raza, who's calling card happens to be his putting (especially in clutch moments)

Here is my personal before and after.

You really can't go wrong with Monte or Dan Carraher (iteach on wrx). I've been working with dan for a while online and have gone from a 13 to what will be a 5 at next revision.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max / Fujikura Motore Speeder X-Stiff

Irons:  :ping-small: iBlade 3-PW / DG X100 Soft Stepped once

Wedges:  :vokey-small:  Vokey sm6 52, 56, 60 / DG S400

Putter:  :scotty-small: 2018 Newport 2

Ball:  :titelist-small: AVX

Archived