Sign in to follow this  
revkev

17 at TPC

Pete Dye was just on saying guys start thinking about 17 when they are on 13 or 14.

I started thinking about it a month before I played there the first time. Heck I still think about it. It's my bag tag.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 6

I feel like I could easily hit the green. I know, I know, easier said than done. But it really is my sweet spot distance! I don't think I would be afraid unless I dunked it on my first try.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 3

I'm not sure when I'm playing there but it's a course I want to play and it's what I think about.

The stadium setup has to be a big part of it

• Like 2

I hit an island green at 186, I'd probably miss 17. I dislike water on golf courses, but it doesn't make me nervous. Just take a 9 iron depending on tee location and send it high, probably short right in the drink. Hit another, and have a smile on my face the whole time.

• Like 3

Played it once before, many years ago when I was still in college. Here is a picture of the sign stating the local rule. Can't imagine how many golf balls are in that lake! Our group all started thinking about 17 from the 1st hole onwards? You are so excited but there are a lot of great holes leading up to it. But I think it's impossible to not stare at that island when walking up the 16th hole. 

For the record hit a 9 iron to the center of the green and successfully two putted for my par.

P1010012.jpg

• Like 6

To be sure it's not quite the same hole when we play it. They have this special aerification system under the greens so it's firm as firm for the tournament.

But I hit 8 iron from 138 10 feet short of the pin and 2 putted for par.

No one else in my group came close to the green and we were playing with one of the assistant pros. His 9 iron flew right over the green monster.

• Like 2

Pete Dye was just on saying guys start thinking about 17 when they are on 13 or 14.

I started thinking about it a month before I played there the first time. Heck I still think about it. It's my bag tag.

You mean this bag tag

24306269-EAF7-481F-89EC-073DB524FFDB.jpg

I'm not sure when I'm playing there but it's a course I want to play and it's what I think about.

The stadium setup has to be a big part of it

It's not set up in the stadium style all year. It's quite a different look than we are seeing this weekend. The depth perception is totally off.

I've played it twice, once a two putt par. And last year a two putt double bogey.

My playing partner had much better luck sticking a 9 iron to 8 feet and made the birdie.

Image1526008546.656770.jpg

• Like 3

How good is Webb playing this week

Is it Tiger-esque?   :D

• Like 1

Is it Tiger-esque? :D

Tied the course record even after getting caught in the Webb that is the 17th at Sawgrass.

• Like 1

Legends say... water levels rise a few inches every weekend...

I would love to try it, I love water hazards!

Couldn't find the video earlier, but here it is. Shows just how different the hole looks when us normal dopes play it.

scott on the island green.MOV

• Like 2

Yup especially with that eagle on 11

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

That was sick. I'm good friends with Swartzel's caddie. I'll have to ask him what they said to each other when that went in. They were right there watching it.

• Like 2

That was sick. I'm good friends with Swartzel's caddie. I'll have to ask him what they said to each other when that went in. They were right there watching it.

Yeah they did a replay of the two as they were watching Simpson's ball roll in. The audio would have been priceless.  

What a shot by Jordan. Then a bummer by tiger

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

What a shot by Jordan. Then a bummer by tiger

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Yeah but I think 18 is the one that JS remembers for a long time.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy