TESTERS WANTED! ×

Playa Mujeres Golf Club!

BEST COURSE IN QUINTANA ROO

You might be a vacationer or someone planning their vacation with a final destination just beyond the Cancun Airport, and you might be planning to play a round of golf (or more) to break up the monotony of sipping cold beer on the beach (horrible living I know). And, you might have been told that Mayakoba is "THE" place to play in the region. 

If this is you, then you need to immediately take a look at Playa Mujeres Golf Club - http://www.playamujeres.com.mx/

Had the opportunity to play this course last week and this relatively new, Greg Norman designed, little known and little-played course is... well, it's like winning the golf jackpot. And, it won't be hidden for long. The course was one of the first attractions in the Playa Mujeres area. The area is being developed and golf lovers are soon about to discover this course. It beats Mayakoba.

You can expect some of the best golf conditions - you won't find a blade of grass out of place. The front nine meanders through mangroves with multiple holes designed to challenge your eye. The back nine bumps up against the ocean with some of the most beautiful holes you'll see which look easy and might have been if not for the wind you know is there, but can't read. Eighteen beautiful greens in perfect condition. Tee boxes that are perfectly manicured. You'd be excited to be in the rough on this course, and from the fairways, you'll find firm, carpet-like surfaces. The course ungulates naturally with the terrain and if you play from the Blacks or Golds you'll love how much you get to swing away with the long clubs.

Trust it, you'll want to plan for two rounds on this course! Pack extra water and sunscreen. Plan for a 8AM tee time so you hit the ocean holes by late morning. Stop for a few selfies, breathe in the ocean air and then be ready to brag to all your friends about you played an amazing course on the ocean.

#GIDDYUP

Tim - NJ - Right Handed - 17HC

In the OGIO Grom:

• Ping G400 LST Driver (tour stiff)
  • Ping G400 3 Wood (tour stiff)
  • Titelist 816 4-Hybrid
  • 5-W Titelist C-16 (stiff)
  • Miura K Grind 52, 56, 60
  • Toulon Strokelab Austin
  • Snell MTB
  • OrangeWhip 
  • Jerky
  • Bulleit Bourbon

Course looks sweet! I was in Cancun a few years ago and played the Nicklaus designed Moon Palace Resort...course was very average but the best part of the deal was the green fee was inclusive of all you can eat F&B throughout the round (including alcohol) this is a common theme for many of the Cancun resorts, but it was the first time I saw it at a golf facility.

That being said, the course was average and highly unmemorable. Will definitely tee this track up in future trips! Great post!

While I have not played there, I played Riviera Maya about 3 years ago. It's a Robert Trent Jones course down past Akumal. It was in about the best condition of any course I had ever played and I really enjoyed the layout. I'll have to check out Playa Mujeres if/when I get back down there.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

Archived