TESTERS WANTED! ×

Can I bend the lie on my putter myself?

perseveringgolfer

My Ping Anser 2 sits with toe high at address. Local pro's won't bend it as they dont have the machine nor do they know how to do it accurately (their words).

Anyone know a safe way to do it? probably only needs a few degrees but I dont want to crack or break it.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

I wouldn't risk bending it without the proper machine. Take it to a GG and surely they can help you out.

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

I'd suggest contacting PING directly. Their service is top notch and turn-around is very fast.

https://ping.com/club-repair

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

My Ping Anser 2 sits with toe high at address. Local pro's won't bend it as they dont have the machine nor do they know how to do it accurately (their words).

Anyone know a safe way to do it? probably only needs a few degrees but I dont want to crack or break it.

I'd suggest contacting PING directly. Their service is top notch and turn-around is very fast.

https://ping.com/club-repair

^  beat me to the punch.  If anyone can bend it properly it's the guys that made it.  Ping's support is close to unrivaled.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

This goes to the saying "just because you can do something doesn't mean you should"

Yeah, you can bend it yourself.  You can also break it yourself and throw it so far out of whack you'll never make another putt yourself.

I'd either find a local shop that does putter bending or send it off to PING and have them do it.  Paying to have it bent properly will be cheaper than buying a new putter after trying to do it yourself without the proper equipment.

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

Thanks for all the good advice fellas. Typical golfer I just wanted it done now lol but I think sending to Ping is the safest and at least it will be done properly.

4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Take it to the GG or PGASS, bending a putter a couple degrees is nothing if you have a putter bending machine, which those to stores have, you do not need to send it to Ping to have it done.

It will take less than 10 minutes to have this done. Why send it away for a week or longer for something as simple as a couple degrees.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Thanks for all the good advice fellas. Typical golfer I just wanted it done now lol but I think sending to Ping is the safest and at least it will be done properly.

Should'a also mentioned to get that thing in front of a top-100 PING fitter first if you can. If they don't have the gear to make that bend, at least they'd be able to get it measured and translate your needs to PING so nothing gets confused or missed.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

Take it to the GG or PGASS, bending a putter a couple degrees is nothing if you have a putter bending machine, which those to stores have, you do not need to send it to Ping to have it done.

It will take less than 10 minutes to have this done. Why send it away for a week or longer for something as simple as a couple degrees.

OP's location of Scotland might make it difficult to run in to the local GG or PGASS

Driver: :taylormade-small: SLDR w/ Fujikura Ventus Black

3w: :taylormade-small:'16 M2 hl w/ Diamana D+ 82

5w: :cleveland-small: Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Yellow

Hybrid: :cleveland-small: 22 deg. Launcher HB w/ HZRDUS Black

Irons: :cleveland-small: 5i - gap Launcher CBX w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Wedges: :cleveland-small: 54 CBX & 58 Zipcore w/ Nippon Modus 3 125

Putter: :odyssey-small: Red 7s

OP's location of Scotland might make it difficult to run in to the local GG or PGASS

I guess that makes a difference, So I guess that's not good on my part I never thought about it that he may not have access to GG.

All good advices, for me I'd send it back to the company to adjust it, honestly I can't trust some of the fitters that work at my local PGASS or GG, gripping my grips all crooked and all.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Regardless the OP living overseas, we need to consider that everyone doesn't live in a major metropolitan area and/or have access to a GG, and they did mention they'd inquired into having it done locally - and we also need to consider that their question was if they could do it themselves.

And being as doing it themselves would be a terrible idea, PING Apologist #9's suggestion of sending it back to the PING so it could be done right was the only one worth considering.

I don't think sending a putter in for a week or more for something that can be done in 10 minutes at a local store is the only option to consider. In this case it may be his best option, but if I were him, I would check around the area to see if someone has a putter bending machine. It's not like ping is magic, they have a trained person,, put the putter in the putter bending machine and bend it 2 degrees up. Just like any store that has the correct equipment.

To answer the original question, which was already answered, no do t try to bend your putter yourself.

I was giving options to the original questions instead of DIY. I just didn't look to see that he is from a different country. Which I am not going to do before I reply in a thread. If sending the putter to Ping is the only option, then that's what you have to do, but again, I would look around first.

That doesn't even make good sense.

All depends on how you are reading the posts. If you are on tapatalk,  you don't see any information about the person,  you just see the name and post.  

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

That doesn't even make good sense.

I pretty much use my phone for all of my posts, the only way for me to see where someone is from is to click their name. It is unfortunate that he isn't close to Golf Galaxy or PGASS, but making a suggestion to go their instead of going to Ping is logical, I'm sorry I didn't know he didn't have access to those.

I pretty much use my phone for all of my posts, the only way for me to see where someone is from is to click their name. It is unfortunate that he isn't close to Golf Galaxy or PGASS, but making a suggestion to go their instead of going to Ping is logical, I'm sorry I didn't know he didn't have access to those.

dont apologise, I completely understood the sentiment and the equivalent over her is (strangely enough) 'American Golf' who up until recently did repairs. I'll search local pro shops before losing my putter for up to 3 weeks. Thanks for all the input.

Archived