TESTERS WANTED! ×

What Did You Smoke Today?

I used to like the Kuba Kuba cigars, when first smoked, I can not stand flavored cigars now, I threw them away, lesson learned!

It took a couple hundred dollars to figure out what I liked in cigars and a bunch of research, but it has been a fun trip!

:callaway-small: Rouge Draw 13.5 Lite Flex
:titelist-small: 913H 24 degree Diamana Lite Flex
:adams-small:  Idea Pro a12 20 degree Aldila VS Proto Regular Flex
:mizuno-small:   MP 100 4 - PW Stiff DGS 300
:callaway-small: Mack Daddy 2  TG 52/10, RG 56/10 and TG 60/10
:cameron-small: 2014 Select Newport 2  33 "

I used to like the Kuba Kuba cigars, when first smoked, I can not stand flavored cigars now, I threw them away, lesson learned!

It took a couple hundred dollars to figure out what I liked in cigars and a bunch of research, but it has been a fun trip!

Trial and error is what helps you figure that out. I still love Kubas a lot but my go to is a Cohiba red dot.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

Arturo Fuente Hemingway Short Story Maduro redeemed my faith in Dominican 's, great burn even if it was one dimensional.

I like a few changes in flavor that the few cuban's I have smoked offered, none the less, better experience.

Hope y'all are having a good round and a good weekend!

Looks as though Jordan could be the man in Scotland, we shall see, I love links golf!

Had  a Ramon Bueso Genesis Project while playing today. Not a fan. Had a very bitter taste and left an almost waxy flavor to my tongue. 

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Partagas Series D #5 it really is a good smoke but it's first third, compared to the Montecristo number 2 and the Hoya Epicure Deluxe it is stronger,.It's a peppery Cuban but the draw and burn is okay on the first third . This is just the first third so I'll work my way down to the second. The burn is starting to get a little wayward on a second third. I had to correct the burn, no big deal. Damn I just lost the ash on my lap but it was a really good one inch ash.The second third is definitely calmed down on the pepper spice and it's more of a creamy taste. It's just missing some of the complexities of the Montecristo and the Hoya Epicure DeLuxe. The last third is definitely some rich and creamy smoke though heavy smoke. I may be smoking a little fast. Definitely starting to get a little nicotine hit on the last third. Starting to get a little hot this is where I'm going to end it.I had to correct the burn for the third time but is still a very enjoyable smoke. I'm looking forward to giving this cigar little more time in the humidor just to see how it ages.

IMG_20180721_2101431.jpg

IMG_20180721_2107111.jpg

IMG_20180721_2119011.jpg

Partagas Series D #5 it really is a good smoke but it's first third, compared to the Montecristo number 2 and the Hoya Epicure Deluxe it is stronger,.It's a peppery Cuban but the draw and burn is okay on the first third . This is just the first third so I'll work my way down to the second. The burn is starting to get a little wayward on a second third. I had to correct the burn, no big deal. Damn I just lost the ash on my lap but it was a really good one inch ash.The second third is definitely calmed down on the pepper spice and it's more of a creamy taste. It's just missing some of the complexities of the Montecristo and the Hoya Epicure DeLuxe. The last third is definitely some rich and creamy smoke though heavy smoke. I may be smoking a little fast. Definitely starting to get a little nicotine hit on the last third. Starting to get a little hot this is where I'm going to end it.I had to correct the burn for the third time but is still a very enjoyable smoke. I'm looking forward to giving this cigar little more time in the humidor just to see how it ages.

Nice write up. I smoke a lot of cigars and some burn at different rates throughout the cigar and some give me that light headed feeling that others do not. It may not be that you're smoking it fast it may just be the tobacco that is used in the cigar.

Had  a Ramon Bueso Genesis Project while playing today. Not a fan. Had a very bitter taste and left an almost waxy flavor to my tongue. 

IMHO, its a mass produced dud!

Driver: :cobra-small: Speed Zone 9* HZRDUS Smoke Yellow Shaft

3 Wood: :cobra-small: King Speedzone 13.5* HZRDUS Smoke Black Shaft

2 & 3 Hybrids: :cobra-small: Speedzone Recoil 480 ESX Shaft

Irons: :cobra-small: Speedzone 5-GW Recoil 460 ESX Shafts

Wedges::callaway-logo-1: PM Grind 54* & 58*

Putter: :odyssey-small: Dual Force Rossi II

Ball: Whatever I find in the woods

:Arccos:

HCP:18

Okay today ............non golf day 107 + in Austin, CAO Gold at Pipe World .............and a fail on another  (non cuban) Monticristo White Classic,

IMG_4608.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

My first Cuban fail, wrapper came apart and was dry , after half smoked with a tough draw I opened it up to find a lot of green spots.

The first of the 10 was amazing, this one terrible. So I backed it up to a Partagas Series D #5. Much better, luck of the draw I guess.

IMG_20180727_1315381.jpg

My first Cuban fail, wrapper came apart and was dry , after half smoked with a tough draw I opened it up to find a lot of green spots.

The first of the 10 was amazing, this one terrible. So I backed it up to a Partagas Series D #5. Much better, luck of the draw I guess.

No 2? Surprising... I've had two 25 count and haven't found a bad one yet. But just like golf, there is always that one cigar/shot that is abnormal!

D#5 is a solid one. I have one #4 left in the humidor.

Have a new shipment of Epicure de Luxe (10) and Bolivar Petit Corona (25) coming in next week.

Good deal looking forward to your comments when you smoke those two. I have some De luxe and really do enjoy those.

Only 1 dud out of 10, consider that a good box. With the tobacco shortages the last few years and the extreme demand for CCs the quality control, has gone out the window. 

Lazy Sunday Evening in the PNW. Monte No 2 with the Golf Digest

IMG_4644.JPG

Had a Hupmann 1844 reserve and it was fantastic. Once it went out I started golfing like crap though.

The great thing is enjoying a good cigar makes up for crappy play!

IMG_4663.JPG

Delivery Day! 🤤

Love delivery day, now they must rest !

Beautiful part is they were both boxed in 2016. So they already have 2 years to them. I always burn one right out of the box... both were absolute beauties, as expected.

IMG_4682.JPG

A 2008 Cohiba Siglo II and a glass of Taylor Fladgate Ten Year Port

IMG_4706.JPG

Bolivar Petit Corona + Angel's Envy Rye

attachicon.gif IMG_4706.JPG

Bourbon cartridge....................explain please

attachicon.gif IMG_4706.JPG

Bourbon cartridge....................explain please

They're Whiskey Bullets. Made of stainless steel, they are kept in freezer and keep Whiskey cold when used. Better than ice so you don't dilute the brown water!

Montecristo Espada... first time having this and I must say it definitely won't be the last. Beautiful cigar and inexpensive.

This could last for an entire round of golf.

They're Whiskey Bullets. Made of stainless steel, they are kept in freezer and keep Whiskey cold when used. Better than ice so you don't dilute the brown water!

Saw these the other day, do they give the drink any type of metallic flavors?