hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB Drivers

Extra points for the MGS towel. Nice touch on the photos!

Haha! Also made a better backdrop than the truck bed! 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Haha! Also made a better backdrop than the truck bed!

Ole Gray and Big Stu might beg to differ with that. They seem quite fond of their truck beds. But the new MGS gear is too good looking not to use.

• Like 4

Don't feel any pressure for your review. We just want your honest thoughts from an everyday golfer's POV. Have fun with the review! Great Stage 1 intro!

MDGolfHacker

• Like 3

Excellent Stage 1 writeups guys. Very impressed with your stories and what you're looking for out of the drivers. This is most definitely going to be a fun and informative thread. 

• Like 2

Nice start gents!

• Like 2

MGS OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW

• Cleveland Launcher HB Driver

Stage One â€“ Tester Introduction

This being my first review here, I really feel the pressure to present something special for you all. Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments. If you feel I have left something out, please let me know. I cannot wait to put this club through its paces. I have already played three rounds with it and am excited to start working on stage two. I will definitely be providing more pictures and hopefully some video. You all really need to hear the sound this thing produces. But I don't want to give away too much. So until then, I'll see you all later!!!

You're already doing a great job so relax, have fun, and enjoy the process.   The staff hit a home run when they picked you guys so this review will be fun to follow. 

• Like 6

Who wore it better? Cksurferdude or Phil? Looks like Chuck was way ahead of the game with the button down on the course!

Great stuff and awesome start.

NOW GO HIT SOME FAIRWAYS!

Ha! Actually was not all that uncomfortable, if I recall. But would not recommend the all-cotton variety for game day. Nor the jeans (guess it was one of those casual dress days at work).

Thanks!

• Like 2

cksurfdude - I'll be curious to see how this will compare to your mini driver if you'll swap it out!

Here's hoping that someone will show Jamie Sadlowski how to hit this thing :)

Thanks ... Me too!

If you want to see "Grandpa" Jamie bombing this driver check out...

https://www.clevelandgolf.com/en/Jamie_Sadlowski.html

• Like 1

What shaft did y'all select? Can't wait to here what you guys have to say!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Thanks for that question .. am going to answer it more fully later. The end result .. after a fitting .. was possibly the very last one I would have picked for myself!
  • Like 2

Maybe it's just me, but I might enjoy the Stage 1 of the reviews even more than Stages 2 and 3. It's interesting that with just a username and the posts you read, you can come up with a whole idea of what a guy is like. And then you read these posts, and (at least for me), find that your mental image is way off.

Anyway, good writeups so far, gentlemen! Looking forward to reading the rest.

• Like 7

Maybe it's just me, but I might enjoy the Stage 1 of the reviews even more than Stages 2 and 3. It's interesting that with just a username and the posts you read, you can come up with a whole idea of what a guy is like. And then you read these posts, and (at least for me), find that your mental image is way off.

Anyway, good writeups so far, gentlemen! Looking forward to reading the rest.

I find that to be 100% the way it is for me, too.  It's almost like a guy using a picture with a beard for his avatar, then you see a recent picture of him beardless and you almost wouldn't recognize him. B)

• Like 6

The first thing I noticed when unboxing the new driver was how reflective the head was. I know I am going to have to get very creative with my camera setup for stage two. As you can see from the picture below there is no marking on the top of the club head showing where the center of the club head is. This is actually the first driver I have used that has not had some sort of marking. I do not think this will bother me but it was one of the first things I noticed.

jJ3F4Z0.jpg

This being my first review here, I really feel the pressure to present something special for you all. Please feel free to ask questions and leave comments. If you feel I have left something out, please let me know. I cannot wait to put this club through its paces. I have already played three rounds with it and am excited to start working on stage two. I will definitely be providing more pictures and hopefully some video. You all really need to hear the sound this thing produces. But I don't want to give away too much. So until then, I'll see you all later!!!

I felt the exact same way.  Then I realized the reviews I like best are pretty straightforward and honest.  Not too much fluff, just the facts or opinions.  I think most people are interested in who you are, but are more interested in what you have to say about the product.

• Like 2

Tensei CK Pro Blue 60... First time ever using a non OEM shaft.

• Like 2

You're already doing a great job so relax, have fun, and enjoy the process. The staff hit a home run when they picked you guys so this review will be fun to follow.

Thank you.

I am glad I was able to get stage one in on time and that I got to play a few rounds with the driver before what looks to be a week of rain.

I may have to slip out to top golf if my course's range isn't dried out by the weekend.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Cleveland Launcher HB 

Stage 1 Review

I am interested to see how this driver performs with all of this “forgiveness” that Cleveland has preached. I am finally at a point in my game where I am hitting great drives with my current OEM but have the occasional slice still. This club is a lightweight driver and it will be interesting to see how that changes with my Tensei CK Pro Blue 60 shaft. My current set up is with a regular flex OEM shaft so I am interested to see how different this set up will be for me. I was actually fitted for this shaft and was chosen based off level of comfort due to my swing speed (99 mph) and spin rate (2000) off the clubface.

attachicon.gifIMG_4002.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4004.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4005.jpg

After hitting three 300+ yard drives within the last 2 weeks, with one of them driving a Par 4 Green in one, I am excited to see what damage I can do with this new set up…but you will have to follow along to see!

attachicon.gifIMG_4007.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_4009.jpg

Another stellar intro stage 1!   You boys are good so let's crank up the popcorn and get this party started!

• Like 2

Project x hzrdus yellow 6.0 65 shaft. The weight is a little lighter than the shaft in my current driver. (Aldila Rogue Silver 70 Stiff)

The yellow is flashy. I have to say it's nice swinging a highlighter around

It came with the stand size grip on it, I may be replacing this soon going to play a few more rounds it first.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2