hckymeyer

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB Drivers

Hi CK!

I recognize that indoor bay! I took the golf PT program and some lessons there myself this offseason. I hope we can get a round in again this year. I was practicing the wedge game at the Crab yesterday and realized I hadn't been there since our round last year.

Great stage 1 reviews across the board.

• Like 2

Great stage ones guys, love hearing how everyone else came to love our game!

• Like 2

FYI ... Updated my Stage 1 to include a section - copied in below - about the unboxing; had not yet received the club when I initially posted my Stage 1.

====================================

---------------------------------------------------------------

Stage One Addendum â€“ The Reveal.

- Due to a back-order on the grip initially selected, the club arrived after posting Stage 1.

It's here .. yea! .. it's here!

Its_Here!.jpg

And we open it up to reveal…

open_box.jpg

(Note: there's no wrench as this club has a bonded hosel.)

Minor Criticism of Packaging

The triangular box seems different than most other manufacturers use, and I guess is a part of this company's branding, but … if you zoom in on the first picture you'll notice the right side has been deformed in transit … and you can see in the “reveal” pic above there was no paper or bubble wrap  around the shaft, nor is there any support/partition in the center of the box…

I'd be concerned if there were a case of severe mishandling in transit that real damage could occur to the shaft .. and if I'd just paid a few to several hundred $$$ for a premium shaft I'd be a little upset…

The Upgrade Shaft is the Real Thing

The good news is that the HZRDUS shaft is the premium “Hand Crafted” model (silver label at left)…

shaft_closeup.jpg

Minor Criticism of Headcover

While nice looking, and seemingly well-stitched leather...

headcover_closeup.jpg

IMHO the side panels … which happen to be where the face of the club ends up … could be a little better padded…

headcover_closeup_side.jpg

• Like 8

FYI ... Updated my Stage 1 to include a section - copied in below - about the unboxing; had not yet received the club when I initially posted my Stage 1.

---------------------------------------------------------------

Stage One Addendum – The Reveal.

- Due to a back-order on the grip initially selected, the club arrived after posting Stage 1.

It's here .. yea! .. it's here!

attachicon.gifIts_Here!.jpg

And we open it up to reveal…

attachicon.gifopen_box.jpg

(Note: there's no wrench as this club has a bonded hosel.)

Minor Criticism of Packaging

The triangular box seems different than most other manufacturers use, and I guess is a part of this company's branding, but … if you zoom in on the first picture you'll notice the right side has been deformed in transit … and you can see in the “reveal” pic above there was no paper or bubble wrap around the shaft, nor is there any support/partition in the center of the box…

I'd be concerned if there were a case of severe mishandling in transit that real damage could occur to the shaft .. and if I'd just paid a few to several hundred $$$ for a premium shaft I'd be a little upset…

The Upgrade Shaft is the Real Thing

The good news is that the HZRDUS shaft is the premium “Hand Crafted” model (silver label at left)…

attachicon.gifshaft_closeup.jpg

Minor Criticism of Headcover

While nice looking, and seemingly well-stitched leather...

attachicon.gifheadcover_closeup.jpg

IMHO the side panels … which happen to be where the face of the club ends up … could be a little better padded…

attachicon.gifheadcover_closeup_side.jpg

Hey fancy shaft choice lol. What are the odds of us choosing the same shaft out of the whole list?

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Hey fancy shaft choice lol. What are the odds of us choosing the same shaft out of the whole list?

Actually.... Gonna describe it more fully in another post, but the shaft was chosen for me via a fitting. What really strikes me as funny is I'm twice your age, half your size and one-eighth your athletic ability!
  • Like 3

Hi CK!

I recognize that indoor bay! I took the golf PT program and some lessons there myself this offseason. I hope we can get a round in again this year. I was practicing the wedge game at the Crab yesterday and realized I hadn't been there since our round last year.

Great stage 1 reviews across the board.

Hey!!! Yeah, Golf & Body in Huntington. Would love to do another round at Crab! Anytime .. lemme know when you get an opening and can get out .. thx!
  • Like 2

Actually.... Gonna describe it more fully in another post, but the shaft was chosen for me via a fitting. What really strikes me as funny is I'm twice your age, half your size and one-eighth your athletic ability!

Yeah golf is a wild sport sometimes. I was fitted too for this shaft. I may save some of the fitting details for a lead in to stage two (great minds think alike ) Hope you are able to get some time in with yours. This crazy Florida weather may keep me indoors for a few more days.

Quick question, is your club cover almost too tight? Mine can be difficult to take off sometimes. I hope it stretches out a little over time.

• Like 3

Yeah golf is a wild sport sometimes. I was fitted too for this shaft. I may save some of the fitting details for a lead in to stage two (great minds think alike ) Hope you are able to get some time in with yours. This crazy Florida weather may keep me indoors for a few more days.

Quick question, is your club cover almost too tight? Mine can be difficult to take off sometimes. I hope it stretches out a little over time.

Ha, yeah, exactly what i was thinking! ... a short story about the shaft fitting as a lead-in to the Stage 2 performance review. Oh, and raining on and off all week here, too........

On the headcover - no, did not notice that on the one that came with mine (possible ours are from different production runs?). Yeah, it's snug but still goes on and off without a lot of effort. 

• Like 1

Maybe it's just me, but I might enjoy the Stage 1 of the reviews even more than Stages 2 and 3. It's interesting that with just a username and the posts you read, you can come up with a whole idea of what a guy is like. And then you read these posts, and (at least for me), find that your mental image is way off.

Anyway, good writeups so far, gentlemen! Looking forward to reading the rest.

Hmmmm. OK, please do not tell me what your previous mental image of me was...!!

(maybe something along the lines of the Sean Penn character in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"..? :P )

• Like 2

(maybe something along the lines of the Sean Penn character in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"..? :P )

I'll fully admit to stereotyping here: I wasn't immediately connecting "surfdude" to "age 62." Good to be corrected! :-)

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

• Like 2

My head cover is definitely tight. Very hard to get on and off! Pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Tensei CK Pro Blue 60... First time ever using a non OEM shaft.

Nice intro!

Were you fit for the shaft, particularly length? Just wondering after seeing the pics of the face, as the impact marks are all in the toe half of the face (nice consistency BTW).

• Like 1

My head cover is definitely tight. Very hard to get on and off! Pain in the butt.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

I've noticed that headcovers of that type tend to need to be pulled on and off a bunch to loosen up. 

• Like 1

Nice intro!

Were you fit for the shaft, particularly length? Just wondering after seeing the pics of the face, as the impact marks are all in the toe half of the face (nice consistency BTW).

Thanks! Not  for length. He said a standard length shaft would work for my 6'4" frame. I think  a lot of those initial toe hits were me reverting back to my old swing of "crushing" the ball. Hit the driver at the range the other day and was more center on impact.

• Like 2

Thanks! Not for length. He said a standard length shaft would work for my 6'4" frame. I think a lot of those initial toe hits were me reverting back to my old swing of "crushing" the ball. Hit the driver at the range the other day and was more center on impact.

This club at address really makes you want to swing for the fence.

• Like 2

I'll fully admit to stereotyping here: I wasn't immediately connecting "surfdude" to "age 62." Good to be corrected! :-)

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

(maybe something along the lines of the Sean Penn character in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High"..? :P )

What!?!?!?!?  I always thought your username was "PLANO" and that you were a tiny blonde that looked pretty good in a pink bikini and like picnics on the trunks of convertibles!

• Like 2

What!?!?!?!? I always thought your username was "PLANO" and that you were a tiny blonde that looked pretty good in a pink bikini and like picnics on the trunks of convertibles!

HA! Yeah, that's me .. yeah .. the hot blonde babe with the big 60s hair....

What!?!?!?!? I always thought your username was "PLANO" and that you were a tiny blonde that looked pretty good in a pink bikini and like picnics on the trunks of convertibles!

Lol, let me guess here. Are you a pilot?

Great job on stage 1 by all of you guys. I am definitely looking forward to following this thread. Keep up the good work!

• Like 1