TESTERS WANTED! ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Cleveland Launcher HB Drivers

hckymeyer

Brilliant Zylem, you have nailed this review. All three of you guys have inspired me to really want to review a driver (if I'm lucky enough to get another review opportunity)

Thank you, it was a blast. The staff here put together a wonderful review format that made it easy to organize all my thoughts. I would recommend anyone interested in doing a review to apply, but if you want to do it well, be prepared to hit a lot of shots with the club/s. I had three different range sessions hitting only drivers when I was working on the range performance section. I really wanted to have five but mother nature must of thought three was plenty  :P 

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

MGS OFFICIAL FORUM MEMBER REVIEW

• Cleveland Launcher HB Driver

Stage Two – Performance Review

June, 2018

By: cksurfdude

• With a shoutout to The STUD for his helpful suggestions.

End Notes:

1. Cleveland's Custom Catalog is at… https://www.clevelandgolf.com/on/demandware.static/-/Sites-Cleveland-Library/default/dw48f95686/pdf/2017-2018-Cleveland-Golf-Custom-Catalog.pdf
  2. It's not just Project X shafts nor their 5.5 flex – I have PX SD (San Diego) 5.5 shafts in my XR hybrids; the 4H is one of my favorite clubs (and still in the bag from last year .. which is saying something for a club ‘ho!). It's possible I might like the 65g HZRDUS Yellow better .. or maybe the HZRDUS Red? .. and I would like to try their EvenFlow Blue.
  3. It's interesting to me that my fellow testers – both 30 years younger than me, taller and stronger, life-long golfers and with swing speeds much faster than mine – are each playing lighter shafts (65g and 60g). In my testing I found it easier to swing and hit … and make centered contact with … the Bertha Fusion and its very light, 47g, and flexier shaft; so – despite the LM numbers at the shaft fitting – I'm still scratching my head about being fit into the HZRDUS Yellow 75g……. (*Also note: the fitting head used was a Srixon and not a Launcher HB)
  4. So when MGS asks, “Does the shaft really matter?” (https://mygolfspy.com/fact-the-golf-shaft-matters) … I can unequivocally answer with a very firm “YES!!”

And...

As always … YMMV.

Enjoyed your review Surf!   The shaft truly is the engine and it can make or break the performance of a good head.   Thanks for the hard work you put into this review.

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Enjoyed your review Surf! The shaft truly is the engine and it can make or break the performance of a good head. Thanks for the hard work you put into this review.

Thanks!!! Really wanted this thing to work and kept plugging away at it (even though, full disclosure, I did want to "punt" early). Almost feel a bit bad for Cleveland Golf with their driver not getting anywhere near the love that .. other brand ::wink:: ::wink:: .. driver is getting from everyone.....

But the good news is my long club swing has improved and I'm starting to hit the Bertha Mini nicely

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

Archived