TESTERS WANTED! ×

Arccos vs Shot Scope V2

Hi

Thanks for the great review. I'm thinking of getting the shot scope v2. Can I ask what phone you use for the app? Any trouble with the app?

Thanks

Reddotter

I used the Google Pixel for the app. No issues whatsoever. Been great so far.

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

So, I've read the major Arccos/ShotScope thread and mined the internet for any useful opinions about both.  I want all the analytics of ShotScopt, but also the windspeed-direction/elevation data of Arccos.  Don't care about the Arccos club suggestions - I can do the math.  Does Arccos provide all the analytics ShotScope does?  What's lacking from Arccos from the data standpoint? Is the Arccos user interface lacking?  ShotScope's interface better/more useful?  

If you look at the cobra connect challenge, I know long thread, but they have data break downs they release weekly. Something different every week.

Sent from my SM-G950U using MyGolfSpy mobile app

We sure do. And I believe the Arccos review thread should be starting up pretty soon, so there should be a ton of good info there as well.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

I'd spend so much time trying to figure out the electronics that the physical golf shots would become an afterthought.

You know that I've got a flip phone, right?

If I ever get back onto the course, which is unfortunately looking like a pipe dream these days, I will seriously have to consider hickory.

If everything about you screams "dinosaur," it may be best to simply accept it.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a little late to this thread, but I've used both, so hopefully I can help. I used Arccos 360 for about a year, then switched over to Shot Scope v2 for the last couple months. They have had similar results, but there are definite pros/cons to each. It really comes down to personal preference -- right now, I prefer Shot Scope (mostly because of the tags), but I am considering giving Game Golf Pro a shot when it finally comes out in September (I switched to Shot Scope because of product delays with Game Golf, and there's no way I'm tapping before every shot like the old Game Golf requires). I'll separate them into a few categories that are important to me, giving a winner to each category:

***Important note: I made the switch without trying Arccos Caddie 2.0, so I don't what kind of improvements came with that.

Tracking Hardware: Toss-up. Arccos 360 requires a phone or similar device in your pocket; Shot Scope requires you wear their bulky (and ugly) watch. I'm not a fan of the phone in the pocket, especially the larger ones (I currently have a Pixel XL); as far as the watch goes, I normally wear my Garmin Fenix while playing, so the Shot Scope feel is fine with me, but I'd prefer to wear my normal watch (activity tracking, etc.). I've heard that Arccos is going to get rid of the phone-in-pocket requirement in the near future, but don't know when or how that is happening.

Tags: Shot Scope. This is the biggest deal for me. The Arccos tags are too big - they are noticeable as you grip the club (especially the putter tag, which is HUGE), and they add a counterweight to the club. Shot Scope's feel cheaper, but they are lower profile and lighter, so they don't get in the way as much as Arccos. If you want to track a different club, you need to reprogram your Arccos tag, while Shot Scope gives you a handful of extras.

Battery: Toss-up. Arccos drains my phone, especially if I do anything else with it, so I need to make sure it has a good charge before the round. Shot Scope seems to last 5-6 hours on a full charge. Neither would make it through 36 holes. I've heard reports that the Shot Scope watch battery drains when not in use, but I haven't seen that as an issue.

Software (General): Arccos. Both have a phone app providing sufficient functionality. Both have an online dashboard that shows more information than the app. The key difference is that Arccos can do almost everything in the phone app, while Shot Scope bounces between phone app, desktop app, and online dashboard to manage things.

Ease of Use - Startup: Arccos. With Shot Scope, you need to prepare courses in advance, first selecting courses then transferring to the watch. The transfer process is easy if you use the desktop app and cord, but wireless transfers are slow. With Arccos, you need to download the course to your phone, but I've done this many times on the first tee with no issue. Similarly, Arccos uses your phone's GPS, so it picks up location very quickly, while the Shot Scope watch sometimes takes a couple tries or a few minutes to figure out where you are (the last time I used it, it missed the whole first hole).

Ease of Use - Finishing the Round: Shot Scope. If you want accurate approach and short game stats with Arccos, you need to edit your round and place the hole location on each green (or do it from your phone mid-round), otherwise it just assumes center of the green. Shot Scope lets you do this on the course with the watch's PinCollect functionality, just pushing a button to mark the hole and the number of times you hit the putter.

Accuracy: Toss-up. Other accuracy data: Both seem to miss a similar number of shots. Both have picked up on movement that is not a swing (e.g. knocking sand off of my shoes after a bunker shot tagged a swing outside of the bunker). Neither have done all that well adjusting to knockdowns, punch shots, etc. Shot Scope asks you how many putts you have on each hole, while Arccos requires that you set up to every putt to track them (even then it misses some short ones), or just add the tap-ins later.

Statistics: Arccos (again, I have not used the new Arccos Caddie 2.0 features, so they may have even more to offer now). Most of the stats are comparable -- they both track actual distances and perform some analysis to give you true expected distances for the clubs; they both track proximity (as noted above, Shot Scope is more automated, Arccos is a bit of work); they both drill down into stats for specific clubs. Both have a good amount of statistics in the app, and both have better statistics on their web dashboard. The thing that gives Arccos the leg up is that they compare to other golfers (I assume) to assign handicaps, not just overall but also per category (and per round), which is useful information for game improvement (I haven't found similar Shot Scope functions). For example, it says I'm a 1.5 (actual index 2.8), but also shows that my approach shots are about scratch, while my sand skills are more in line with a 14. For round-by-round, in one round it says I hit approaches like a +4 but putted like a 30 handicap; in another, I drove it like a 13 but chipping and putting were close to scratch (both scores ending up roughly the same). It's not actionable data, just good to know.

Driver: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus 8* (adjusted to 8.75*), Mitsubishi Diamana ZF 70 X Flex (New toy incoming!)

Fairway: :taylormade-small: Stealth2 Plus, 15* (adjusted to 14.25*) w/ Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 7X

Irons:  :titleist-small: U505 1 Iron (16*), T200 "Utility Build" 3 and 4 irons, all with Graphite Design Tour AD-IZ 95 X Flex, :titleist-small: T100S 5-9 with Nippon Pro Modus 120 X Flex (2021 MGS Test). These things are monsters. 

Wedges:  :vokey-small: SM9 46.10, 54.12, and 58.08, all with custom etchings & KBS Tour Masters-themed shafts, X-flex (CHA Post)

Putter: Total headcase and Putter Ho. Down to two main options in the rotation (one mallet, one blade), but have 4-5 by the basement putting green that might make it in the bag at some point this year... Mallet: :L.A.B.: Mezz XL 36" Orange; Blade: :L.A.B.: Link.1 w/Accra White shaft & :garsen: grip

• 3 months later...

Hey guys, as somebody looking to get into this type of device in the future, this thread was super informative. 

I had a GPS watch that I foolishly lost this summer, and from that point on used the free GPS/shot tracking app from 18birdies. I definitely did not enjoy the constant in and out of the pocket with the phone, so I think shot scope may prove to be a better option for me. I am just combing through the MGS forum reviews now. Thanks all for contributing!

WITB

Driver- PING G400 LST w/ Project X Evenflow Black

Fwy- TM Aeroburner 16.5HL

Irons- Callaway Steelhead XR (3-PW)

Wedges- Callaway MD3 (50,54,58)

Putter- Cleveland TFI Satin Cero

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

3 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Hey guys, as somebody looking to get into this type of device in the future, this thread was super informative. 

I had a GPS watch that I foolishly lost this summer, and from that point on used the free GPS/shot tracking app from 18birdies. I definitely did not enjoy the constant in and out of the pocket with the phone, so I think shot scope may prove to be a better option for me. I am just combing through the MGS forum reviews now. Thanks all for contributing!

Hope the reviews shine some light for your purchase.  I tested the Shotscope and will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

I've told my wife I would like either an Arccos or Shotscope on my Christmas list, but have not told her which yet. I need to take the time to re-read all the reviews to figure out which might be the best choice for me.

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've told my wife I would like either an Arccos or Shotscope on my Christmas list, but have not told her which yet. I need to take the time to re-read all the reviews to figure out which might be the best choice for me.

Not sure if Shotscope is still running the special, but they had v2 on sale for $189 last week.

Gameday
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120

Classic Bag

On 11/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Hope the reviews shine some light for your purchase.  I tested the Shotscope and will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

44 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad. 

What's in the bag:

Driver:  :titelist-small:TSR3; :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR Carbon
FW Wood: :wilson_staff_small: DynaPWR 3-wood; :titleist-small: TSR 2+
Hybrids:  PXG Gen4 18-degree
Utility Irons: :srixon-small: ZX MkII 20* 
Irons:;  :Sub70:699/699 Pro V2 Combo; :wilson_staff_small: D9 Forged;  :macgregor-small:MT86 (coming soon!); :macgregor-small: VIP 1025 V-Foil MB/CB; 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX6 Zipcore
Putter: :cleveland-small: HB Soft Milled 10.5;  :scotty-small: Newport Special Select;  :edel-golf-1:  Willamette,  :bettinardi-small: BB8; :wilson-small: 8802; MATI Monto

Ball: :bridgestone-small: Tour B RXS; :srixon-small: Z-STAR Diamond; :wilson_staff_small: Triad

Stat Tracker/GPS Watch: :ShotScope:

Follow @golfspybarbajo

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad.  

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

WITB

Ball-  Snell MTB-X

12 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

Barbajo beat me to it and as he said the pincollect does work well.  It took me about 3-4 holes to get used to doing it, but it has become routine.  In fact, I found myself trying to pincollect the other day when I forgot to grab my Shotscope.

Gameday

Classic Bag

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Rivebowls said:

Can anyone tell me whether you have to wear the watch or can you keep it in your pocket or belt loop?  SSv2 looks to be exactly what i want except for wearing it on my wrist.

It does have to be on your wrist. The official review goes over it more in detail but it has to be within a certain distance of the sensor on the top of the grip

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)

1 hour ago, Rivebowls said:

Can anyone tell me whether you have to wear the watch or can you keep it in your pocket or belt loop?  SSv2 looks to be exactly what i want except for wearing it on my wrist.

9 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

It does have to be on your wrist. The official review goes over it more in detail but it has to be within a certain distance of the sensor on the top of the grip

It must be within 10cms of the sensor at the top of the club. Wrist is the only place I'm afraid.

Driver     Awaiting NEW Driver (after 10 yrs)  
4 Wood   Callaway Big Bertha Steelhead plus 4+  :callaway-small: Callaway shaft in 'Firm' flex

Hybrid     Titleist 910H 19*    :titelist-small:   Diamana ahina 'flower' shaft in 'S'

Irons         Mizuno MP18SC 4-PW   :mizuno-small:  N.S Pro Modus3 Tour 105 in 'S'

Wedges    Callaway Mack Daddy forged in black 50* and 54*  :callaway-small:   KBS Tour in 'R'

Putter        'YES' Tracy 11 C groove 34.5"

Just to chime in on game golf, I've been using live since last may and since November have had nothing but problems.  It's to the point now that I can't even upload any of my rounds and have been round and round with customer service and keep hearing there will be a new app update each time it updates I still cannot use my product.  I guess I would be leary of waiting for game golf pro when they cannot even support the current line of equipment that they sell  

• 10 months later...

I'm a huge proponent of ShotScope over Arccos.

When I'm on the course, my phone is usually turned-off - I'm golfing - my phone in the bag for emergency situations only.

For those concerned about wearing a 'watch' on the course: it's very lightweight. Tanning cream covers the untanned part of my wrist 😉

I would like for ShotScope to introduce V3 with (1) a quality, functional, REAL-watch option - not just just some plastic/rubber housing that isn't functional anywhere else but on the course, and (2) a Caddie platform - a la Arccos - that would suggest clubs-for-shots...based on my shot data.

:callaway-small: Epic Flash

:cobra-small: King F8 3W

:callaway-small: Epic Flash Max 7W

:ping-small: G425 4i-PW

:cleveland-small: CBX2 50/54/58

:bettinardi-small: Inovai 6.0

:taylormade-small: Tour Response or :wilson_staff_small: Triad (both thanks to MGS testing) 

On ‎12‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 1:27 PM, CudaKota66 said:

I'm a huge proponent of ShotScope over Arccos.

When I'm on the course, my phone is usually turned-off - I'm golfing - my phone in the bag for emergency situations only.

For those concerned about wearing a 'watch' on the course: it's very lightweight. Tanning cream covers the untanned part of my wrist 😉

I would like for ShotScope to introduce V3 with (1) a quality, functional, REAL-watch option - not just just some plastic/rubber housing that isn't functional anywhere else but on the course, and (2) a Caddie platform - a la Arccos - that would suggest clubs-for-shots...based on my shot data.

I just pulled the trigger on a Shot Scope.  Both systems have their pros/cons.  I thought the ability to "tag" the hole-location was a big advantage and I didn't really want to rely on my phone either.  The Caddie feature would be nice but wasn't the main reason I wanted a tracking system.  I haven't used it yet so I can't speak to what I think of its functionality. 

FYI - Shot Scope V2 is on sale through 12/24/19 for $119 vs. regularly $159.

Finally repurchased Arccos during their Black Friday sale. Got it off Amazon with a small portable phone charger for $185. Logged my first round with it yesterday and it performed significantly better than prior experience told me it would. Aside from one instance where I knew it would miss a few tags (trying to hack my way out of some brush without much luck), I think it only missed maybe two shots that were easily fixed while on course and post round. Still really looking forward to the addition of Arccos Link when it comes out, but overall I'm pleased. 

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

• 2 months later...

I have used the gen1 Arccos system for about 3 years now and really liked it. Gen2 is touted to be better, but I liked the idea of me managing the batteries. Anyway, I always reviewed my shots after each hole and most of the time it captured everything. The putter sensor was the least likely one and the putting distance would be suspect. Anyway, most, if not all of the issues or concerns I had went away with shotscope v2. It captured everything. I had to get used to the pin collect process, but that was easy. And the big advantages with v2 were the watch with yardages and you did not have to have your phone near you.

Since purchasing the v2, two things have made the choice harder. One major drawback for me on the v2 is that you do not know your score or number of strokes captured by the watch until after the round. I find myself entering that in another device. A major advantage for me on the gen1 is that now my watch can display the Arccos info. So, I may be selling my v2 shotscope if that setup works as I think it will. 

In conclusion, both are worthy and provide similar if not identical info. There are differences in presentation. If you want the convenience of a watch, you need to buy or own a particular smart watch for the Arccos. If you want a live scorecard, you’ll need to record it elsewhere for shotscope. If you don’t mind carrying your phone, the Arccos app has it all and is very, very good. As you can see, I’m torn between the two right now. Still testing both.

• 2 months later...

Hi All,

I had been using Arccos 360 for about two years - it was a cool experience but not without issues - some were my fault, some were not 🙂  First, Arccos golf support was always incredible - in fact received emails on days when the data that got posted was so strange they wondered if I was having difficulties.  I was in fact having difficulties, which is an issue in itself, but the immediate follow up was impressive.  My main issues with Arccos were four things: First, on my course, holes 1 and 10 are reasonably close together and sometimes Arccos would get confused where I was - and if I didn't check phone to see which hole it was selecting then problems could arise.  This caused me to become a more distracted golfer since I now needed to more actively monitor what was happening to save potentially + large editing pain later.  Second, the lack of pin seeking was an issue since it was always a required edit fix.  They added a feature where you could mark a flag, but that didn't work out well for me.  Thirdly, the Putter sensor could not be installed on the superstore grips with the counterweight capability - although that has now been rectified with a new sensor strategy (for purchase) that becomes a part of that counterweight configuration - kinda cool actually.  Lastly, having to have a phone in my pocket wasn't an issue for me, but as in 2 above, it contributed to me being a more distracted golfer.  They have announced for over a year that a new belt clip thing (like Game Golf only better) would be arriving, but that has continuously been pushed out due to difficulties of some sort.  The data was great and was helpful in getting a more holistic view of my golf game in a relatively unbiased manner. This is based on about 120 rounds of recorded golf.

But one day found a used Shot Scope V2 set cheap - and decided to try.  At first glance, if I had to compare, Shot Scope is like Microsoft windows and Arccos Golf is like Mac 🙂  The watch is totally geeky and really quite ugly, but that tags are smaller and don't act like a feature in themselves - no green colours 🙂  In use I found Shop Scope to be nearly flawless PROVIDED I understood how it worked.  For example, for penalties etc, its very helpful to understand how to manage them as you play  - retrospective rising is possible but I just found it to be messier.  Related, Shot Scope, unless I am wrong which is highly possible, interprets approach shots in a slightly different way.  Example - on a par five it seemed to think my second shots were approach shots instead of layups - they call layups etc "positional" shots - which you have to mark to get the data correct.  Same is true for punch outs and other "other" shots.  I found this strange given that it seems like a relatively easy rule to implement.  The pin collect feature, which took me some repetitions to add to my putting routine , was pretty good and simplified post round editing by a lot. This summary is based only five rounds of golf.

Given the low sample size for my Shot Scope experience, it seems like Shot Scope is easier to use since for me, it was functional within five rounds - the same wasn't true for Arccos.  Both solutions presented  common data and the also have different approaches - not sure which I like better yet but a combination of the two would be close to ideal I think.

If you have two sets of clubs, Shot Scope makes that easier to manage (kinda).  The Arccos solution to the problem is to have two user Accounts - that is also an option in Shot Scope - but this doesn't help total stats view for all rounds but does help segregate data between sets of clubs.  Shot scope allows a group of clubs to be added to your bag before play.  So you can choose which clubs you re playing and the data remains with the clubs - which was nice since you get best of both worlds.  But this also means you can easily have two drivers, two putters etc and be able to compare stats across clubs in the context of a single bag - a nice implementation I think.  Im not sure yet, but I have seen the Shot Scope tags more likely to get dislodged in more soft, rubbery grips than the Arccos tags.

So I guess It seems like Shot Scope is my preferred option - in any event the data from either is helpful in many ways and I dont think i'd like to play without any such system anymore - it has really helped me understand the patterns in my game.

Play well folks

17 minutes ago, taskerc said:

Example - on a par five it seemed to think my second shots were approach shots instead of layups - they call layups etc "positional" shots - which you have to mark to get the data correct.  Same is true for punch outs and other "other" shots.  I found this strange given that it seems like a relatively easy rule to implement.  The pin collect feature, which took me some repetitions to add to my putting routine , was pretty good and simplified post round editing by a lot. This summary is based only five rounds of golf.

Im not sure yet, but I have seen the Shot Scope tags more likely to get dislodged in more soft, rubbery grips than the Arccos tags.

The positional function of SS makes sure your yardage averages don't get screwed up (punching out 50 yards vs 170 yards). I don't think this can be implemend as a rule, since SS has no way of knowing whether Player A will always attack Par 5's with the second shot or Player B is such a short hitter that he decides to layup even on Par 3's. Only the player knows how that specific shot was meant to be played.

I got SS since V1 and so far none of the tags has fallen off, sturdy as hell.

Would suggest you also take a look at SS V3, which is set to release in May 2020, also supposed to be more accurate GPS-wise and slimmer and better looking.

:cobra-small: SpeedZone 9* w/ Aldila Rogue Silver 60 S
:callaway-small: X2 Hot 3 Deep 14.5* w/ Aldila Tour Green 75 S
:taylormade-small: JetSpeed 5W 19* w/ Matrix Velox T 69 S OR :adams-small: Super LS 3H 19* w/ Kuro Kage Black 80 S
:mizuno-small: JPX919 Forged 4-PW w/ Modus3 105 S
:titelist-small: Vokey SM7 50/08F, 54/14F & 58/08M w/ Modus3 115 Wedge
:EVNROLL: ER1 34" w/ SuperStroke Fatso 2.0
MfleKCg.jpg Pro / 9dZCgaF.jpgH2NO Lite Cart Bag / :Clicgear: 3.0 / :918457628_PrecisionPro: NX7 Pro LRF

My reviews: MLA Putter // Titleist SM7 // PING i500 // PuttOUT

• 7 months later...
2 hours ago, Ziggiz said:

Hi, 
I got my self some Cobra irons. But they have cobra connect sensor build in. 
Is there a way to connect Garmin CT10 in to this? 

Someone with the same problem?

Not to my knowledge. It's a arccos system, so apple watch and android compatibility. By going on the arccos website it will give you all compatible devices and some info on how to use the system. Hope that helps.

⛳🛄 as of Nov 6, 2023 (Past WITB
Driver:  :callaway-small: Paradym TD w/ GD ADDI 6X Driver Shootout! 

Wood:    :cobra-small: F7 3 wood 14.5* w/ Motore F1 Shaft

Irons:   :titleist-small: T Series - T200 5 Iron
                                          T150 6-9 Iron
                                          T100 PW/GW

Wedge:  Toura Golf - A Spec 53,37,61 degree 

Putter:  Screenshot 2023-06-02 13.10.30.png Mezz Max!

Balls:     Vice Pro Plus Drip (Blue/Orange)