Forum Org Change: Reviews Read more... ×

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've told my wife I would like either an Arccos or Shotscope on my Christmas list, but have not told her which yet. I need to take the time to re-read all the reviews to figure out which might be the best choice for me.

Not sure if Shotscope is still running the special, but they had v2 on sale for $189 last week.

On 11/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, JohnSmalls said:

Hope the reviews shine some light for your purchase.  I tested the Shotscope and will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad. 

• Like 4

7 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad.  

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

12 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

Barbajo beat me to it and as he said the pincollect does work well.  It took me about 3-4 holes to get used to doing it, but it has become routine.  In fact, I found myself trying to pincollect the other day when I forgot to grab my Shotscope.

• Like 1