Jump to content

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, MaxEntropy said:

I've told my wife I would like either an Arccos or Shotscope on my Christmas list, but have not told her which yet. I need to take the time to re-read all the reviews to figure out which might be the best choice for me.

Not sure if Shotscope is still running the special, but they had v2 on sale for $189 last week.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/28/2018 at 4:21 PM, JohnSmalls said:

 Hope the reviews shine some light for your purchase.  I tested the Shotscope and will be more than happy to answer any questions that you may have.

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, newballcoach said:

I was wondering how the "pincollect" button works. I understand I press a number for the corresponding # of putts I took. How does that determine where the pin was? Do I have to input that manually? I read your review and I had a concern about having to constantly edit the data post-round, doesn't seem to be a major issue. 

I enjoy using the watch for GPS, the phone is not as seemless for me. Shotscope seems to be the best alternative for this method. And is not more expensive than a regular GPS watch either which seems crazy!

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad. 

  • Like 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GolfSpy Barbajo said:

With Pincollect, you simply hold your hand over the cup once you've holed out and press the button for your number of putts. The GPS then records the location of the pin along with the putts. It's reasonably accurate - I've had to move the pin a little afterwards, but for civilian GPS, it's not bad.  

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, newballcoach said:

Thanks for the explanation of the real-world process. I had read about it a few times but couldn't picture it. That seems fantastic

Barbajo beat me to it and as he said the pincollect does work well.  It took me about 3-4 holes to get used to doing it, but it has become routine.  In fact, I found myself trying to pincollect the other day when I forgot to grab my Shotscope.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone tell me whether you have to wear the watch or can you keep it in your pocket or belt loop?  SSv2 looks to be exactly what i want except for wearing it on my wrist.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rivebowls said:

Can anyone tell me whether you have to wear the watch or can you keep it in your pocket or belt loop?  SSv2 looks to be exactly what i want except for wearing it on my wrist.

It does have to be on your wrist. The official review goes over it more in detail but it has to be within a certain distance of the sensor on the top of the grip

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Rivebowls said:

Can anyone tell me whether you have to wear the watch or can you keep it in your pocket or belt loop?  SSv2 looks to be exactly what i want except for wearing it on my wrist.

 

9 minutes ago, Apolloshowl said:

It does have to be on your wrist. The official review goes over it more in detail but it has to be within a certain distance of the sensor on the top of the grip

It must be within 10cms of the sensor at the top of the club. Wrist is the only place I'm afraid.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just to chime in on game golf, I've been using live since last may and since November have had nothing but problems.  It's to the point now that I can't even upload any of my rounds and have been round and round with customer service and keep hearing there will be a new app update each time it updates I still cannot use my product.  I guess I would be leary of waiting for game golf pro when they cannot even support the current line of equipment that they sell  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...