3. Odyssey O Works 7S Black
4.  Odyssey Works Jailbird
5. Bobby Grace MacGregor V-Foil
6. Ping PLD Anser
7. Scotty Cameron Newport Mid Slant
8. Scotty Cameron Select Fastback prototype
9. TaylorMade TP Ardmore 2 Red
10. Odyssey V Line Tank Cruiser

https://golfweek.com/2018/05/08/putters-used-by-top-10-in-strokes-gained-putting/

My bag:  :taylormade-small:  :callaway-small:  :cobra-small:  :ping-small:   :cleveland-small:  :odyssey-small:  :footjoy-small:

If you ain't getting paid, poser bags are like vanity caps. ;)

That is an interesting list.  The putter selection is very diverse.  It seems like the majority are using some sort of mallet putter.  

Driver - Ping G410 Plus 10.5 - Ping Tour 65 Stiff

4 Wood - Callaway Rogue - Project X Evenflow blue 6.0

Hybrids - Titleist 818 H2 -  3(c-1) and 4(c-4) - Tensei CK Blue 70 stiff

Irons - Callaway Apex  CF 16 5-AW - True Temper XP 95 Steel Stiff

Wedges - Ping Glide 54 SS, 58 TS

Putter - Edel e1 Torque balanced

Indianapolis

5.5 Index

Is it really the putter or are these guys just good on the greens I would be more interested in how much these guys get paid to use said putter. It is very interesting though.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

"Obviously my iron play is incredible, and when I get going I can get hot, but this course just fits my eye. The shaping of the holes, and just a couple of the doglegs, I'm able to shape shots."

Bryson DeChambeau

In my  :ping-small: Hoofer Lite

:srixon-small: Z765 9.5 with Miyazaka Kaula Mizu 6 Stiff Shaft (TrueGolfFit Recommended!!!)

:cobra-small: F8 3-4 wood 16* Aldilla Blue 70 Stiff shaft

:taylormade-small: Rescue mid 2 iron 16*

:cobra-small: One Length Forged Tec 4-GW with AMT Black shafts

:cameron-small: Futura Phantom 2

:bridgestone-small:Tour B330 RX

Like Bass Fishing? Check out my one and only article!!!

https://www.bassresource.com/beginner/get-started-bass-fishing.html

Just goes to show how personal putting is as all ten putters are different. And how about Chalmers rocking the Bobby Grace MacGregor V Foil!?

Scotty's gonna have to figure out how to copy that one too I guess. :) (Disclaimer I like Scotty's too so be nice)

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

So many different putting styles/grips, too. 

Driver: TS3, 9* (C1 setting, surefit cartridge in fade setting)

3/4 Wood: 917D2, 16.5 degrees (D1 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Hybrid: Titleist 818 H2, 19 degrees (C3 setting, surefit cartridge neutral)

Irons: Mizuno MP-18 MMC Fli-Hi 4-Iron (23 degrees); Mizuno MP-18 SC 5-iron(26) and 6-iron(30); Mizuno MP-18 7-iron(34), 8-iron(38), 9-iron(42), and P Wedge(46). Nippon Modus 120x shafts. 1 degree upright.

Wedges: Mizuno S-18 50, 54, and 58 degrees. 50 is 1 degree upright, 54 and 58 are standard lie. Nippon Modus 120x, soft stepped in the 54 and 58.

Putter: Evnroll ER1

Right-handed

Atlanta, GA

And how about Chalmers rocking the Bobby Grace MacGregor V Foil!?

I've had the center shaft M5K-GT V Foil in the bag for 15 years and Chalmers may have played his BG even longer. Bobby will spec out a gamer however you prefer but he doesn't ‘pay for play' on the tours - his stuff is just that good.

I've probably cycled through ~50 putters over the years trying to kick my trusty BG out of the bag, but it sent them all packing. After 2 evenings on the putting green, the Rife 2Bar I just picked up is clearly a great putter but it's most likely yet another footnote in the M5K's perfect knockout record.

I'm also currently negotiating a trade for a BG F-22 (essentially a V Foil with wings). I imagine you guys probably get tired of me humping for Bobby Grace; but when it comes to legit putter tech, he is the “Godfather”.

:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro D - Matrix Ozik XCON 6 S
:cobra-small:______S9-1 Pro 15* - Matrix Ozik XCON 7 S
:nickent-small:________3DX 17* - Matrix Ozik Altus Hybrid SG
:Hogan:______ICON Black 4-PW - KBS Tour V S
:cleveland-small:__________588 RTG 49  RTX 52.10  56.12 - DG S400
BobbyGrace.png.1dc40002fcec0eee8603b71b3e706e89.png______Amazing Grace NYC Tour CS
:taylormade-small:_______'19 TP5X
(the preceding have all been gamer approved)

"The most important shot in golf is the next one“ - Ben Hogan

Just goes to show how personal putting is as all ten putters are different. And how about Chalmers rocking the Bobby Grace MacGregor V Foil!?

Scotty's gonna have to figure out how to copy that one too I guess. :) (Disclaimer I like Scotty's too so be nice)

There was one of the ladies on the LPGA playing an old Bobby Grace V-Foil too--- I had a couple of those and love the looks and engineering on them but could not putt worth a hoot with them. As good as Scotty is I do not know how he could improve on the looks and styling on one of those

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

I think it's pretty cool that there's one segment of golf equipment where big money has a limited influence.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

What's also interesting is that none of those on the list are expensive fancy-smancy custom tricked out putters. They're pretty much basic stuff. Including the BG V-foil. And those are $30 bucks on ebay. Then again... those fancy custom putters* are mostly for show even though they cost a lot of dough.

*I own an expensive over priced Edel. Whoop!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

What's also interesting is that none of those on the list are expensive fancy-smancy custom tricked out putters. They're pretty much basic stuff. Including the BG V-foil. And those are $30 bucks on ebay. Then again... those fancy custom putters* are mostly for show even though they cost a lot of dough.

That BG V-Foil was a boss. I felt like Loren Roberts rolling that thing.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

My understanding is that most club-equipment-endorsement contracts require a player to have in the bag 10-12 clubs. This leaves room for the player to choose another brand or two to round out his/her bag.

Ping, I think, is one company that requires its players to have all 14 clubs be of the Ping brand.

For single club deals Taylor Made I believe used to pay $5,000 to any player with a TM driver in his bag to start the week, not sure if that deal is still available.

Scotty Cameron brand I think pays players $2,500 for each event that they have a Cameron putter within their bag.

So, in theory a player could have a 12 club annual contract with one brand, but earn additional money by getting paid weekly to have a TM driver and, or, Cameron putter within his bag.

If anyone actually knows how this works please share. It would be neat to have specifics. At the end of the day it shows how personal this part of the game truly is. Case in point, Tiger. He's still using his Nike wedges and Scotty.

• Srixon Z-Star XV 

If anyone actually knows how this works please share. It would be neat to have specifics. At the end of the day it shows how personal this part of the game truly is. Case in point, Tiger. He's still using his Nike wedges and Scotty.

I can remember when Nike made him use one of their "Oven" Method putters and he did not putt worth a hoot the whole time he used it either--- When Nike went out of the club business and released all of it's players from club contracts just about all of their players went to another brand of putter like immediately! I am sure depending on the status of the individual player a lot of them will not sign a contract if it involves changing certain scoring clubs. Alex Cjeka comes to mind over on WRX his WITB he kept is 2013 Forged X Cally irons in the bag even though he has a T Mag contract and bag now. The reason he comes to mind is that I have one of his back up sets of irons

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Golf at least in the mainstream has became a fashion show on the equipment end. Which if that is someone's cup of tea so be it as far as I am concerned. It is really diverse down here in this tourist mecca. Most of the retirees I know play older stuff albeit like R-7 irons or Eye2s while some of the retirees with the big bucks play the latest and greatest. Most of the tourist golfers are of the latest and greatest persuasion. LOL the other week I played in a company sponsored scramble and it always draws a big crowd especially from the South End of the beach. I was on the putting green and it was full of the newest Scottys and Odyssey putters. Got some curious looks from some with my 1985 Tommy Armour blade putter with the gauze taped grip. Just ignored them and went to canning putts. We did not win because this event is a notorious cheatfest but we finished mid pack honestly out of 25 or so teams  

G

Archived