myndcraft

Any Truvis Collectors here?

Holy moly. Based on this post from another thread, you've got some serious capital invested in your collection. I applaud your determination. How many dozen did you get of the stars and stripes?

I just have the basics: Green, Blue, Yellow/Black. Don't care much for the Red.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 4

Just one .. pink & white. That way I'll always know which ball is mine since most likely not many other guys will be using that color.

Really like the Red, White & Blue* but not sure just how "vis" that one will be...

* Edit:

Was referring to the US Flag themed one.

• Like 2

That collection looks sweet!

Do you have them all so far?

• Like 1

I actually had no idea that there were so many variants. And you have the Wesley Bryan Taco Bell ball!

• Like 2

Not even sure how you got those, I didn't even know they made them. I did see a couple on eBay that were different colors, but they wanted mucho Denaro for them, I do t want them that much. That is a cool collection though. If you're gonna have a gold ball collection, have a really cool one.

• Like 4

Side note: I would love it if they would make the yellow with the blue. I would play those for sure.

• Like 1

That collection looks sweet!

Do you have them all so far?

No, there are a LOT I am missing

• Like 2

I actually had no idea that there were so many variants. And you have the Wesley Bryan Taco Bell ball!

There's a good 30 or so that I'm missing I think

• Like 1

That's an awesome collection! My plan was to start one as well, I had no idea they made so many!

• Like 1

Do you guys care to elaborate on your favorite/most prized balls in your collections? Maybe also tell about the ones you just can't get your hands on and are dying to own.

Also, which ball is regarded as the most valuable Truvis?

Sorry but I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the collectibility of these balls. Course coins make sense because they're built to be collectors items but these Truvis balls are just a different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 3

These have always peaked my interest. Unfortunately I don't get along with Callaway golf balls.

Amazing collections gents!

• Like 1

Goooooooooood gracious I had no idea they had so many different truvis patterns. How did you find all of those? And now in the world did you hear about them? Are there any that you are missing?

Do you guys care to elaborate on your favorite/most prized balls in your collections? Maybe also tell about the ones you just can't get your hands on and are dying to own.

Also, which ball is regarded as the most valuable Truvis?

Sorry but I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the collectibility of these balls. Course coins make sense because they're built to be collectors items but these Truvis balls are just a different animal.

The most prized ball in my collection is probably the Morgan Pressel Evian Championship ball.  It was a limited release for a European tournament and very hard to get a hold of.  My favorite though is actually not in the picture yet (I have 8 that are in route to me) and that is a Cohiba one.  I'm a very avid cigar smoker so that one is just neat to me.

I would argue that course coins were originally made to be used, but people started collecting them.  That seems to be the same thing with Truvis.  A lot of higher end courses have started doing a custom truvis ball and sell them as singles; it's replacing the cheap pinnacle with a logo in that sense.  At that point I don't think they are intending for you to play it, but you certainly could.

Then you have tournaments that are starting to do them as well and corporations for charity events etc… To me, at least, it seems they are intended to be collected.

Goooooooooood gracious I had no idea they had so many different truvis patterns. How did you find all of those? And now in the world did you hear about them? Are there any that you are missing?

Through other golf forums, social media sites and everyone's favorite auction site :D I have search filters set up and check them pretty frequently. 

I am unfortunately missing a LOT of them.  The two I am most actively looking for are "The Grinder's Cup" and the Mark Crossfield ball.

• Like 3

Thanks for the share myndcraft. You got me curious so I went and found photos of the balls you're talking about. For those keeping score at home, here's what I found.

Cohiba

IMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

IMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

IMG_7971.JPG

That Padres ball you have is pretty darn cool. I could definitely see myself getting a Mets version to display. The temptation to play them would be extremely high though.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2

Ditto, had no idea there were that many and collected also!

Pretty cool!

• Like 1

I've been playing these since they came out. I just want to know how you get your hands on some of these? These cannot be from “eBay searches”. These seem like the kind of balls you have to know someone to be able to get.