TESTERS WANTED! ×

Any Truvis Collectors here?

myndcraft

Holy moly. Based on this post from another thread, you've got some serious capital invested in your collection. I applaud your determination. How many dozen did you get of the stars and stripes?

I just have the basics: Green, Blue, Yellow/Black. Don't care much for the Red.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Just one .. pink & white. That way I'll always know which ball is mine since most likely not many other guys will be using that color.

Really like the Red, White & Blue* but not sure just how "vis" that one will be...

* Edit:

Was referring to the US Flag themed one.

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grip on both)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

I actually had no idea that there were so many variants. And you have the Wesley Bryan Taco Bell ball!

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

Not even sure how you got those, I didn't even know they made them. I did see a couple on eBay that were different colors, but they wanted mucho Denaro for them, I do t want them that much. That is a cool collection though. If you're gonna have a gold ball collection, have a really cool one.

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

Nice collection. I had no idea they had made all of those.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

That's an awesome collection! My plan was to start one as well, I had no idea they made so many!

Driver:            :cobra-small: Aerojet 9* | Hzrdus Black Gen 4
Fairway:         :ping-small: G410 3W 13* | Alta CB 65
Hybrid:           :titleist-small: TS2 18* | Tensei AV Blue 70 S
Hybrid:           :ping-small: iCrossover 20* | Kai'li White 80
Irons:              :taylormade-small: P790 5-PW | DG S300
Wedges:         :titleist-small: Vokey SM9 | 52, 56, 60 | DG S200
Putter:            :L.A.B.: Link.1 | Accra x LAB

--- LAB Golf Link.1 Review ---

Do you guys care to elaborate on your favorite/most prized balls in your collections? Maybe also tell about the ones you just can't get your hands on and are dying to own.

Also, which ball is regarded as the most valuable Truvis?

Sorry but I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the collectibility of these balls. Course coins make sense because they're built to be collectors items but these Truvis balls are just a different animal.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Goooooooooood gracious I had no idea they had so many different truvis patterns. How did you find all of those? And now in the world did you hear about them? Are there any that you are missing?

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Do you guys care to elaborate on your favorite/most prized balls in your collections? Maybe also tell about the ones you just can't get your hands on and are dying to own.

Also, which ball is regarded as the most valuable Truvis?

Sorry but I'm just having a hard time wrapping my head around the collectibility of these balls. Course coins make sense because they're built to be collectors items but these Truvis balls are just a different animal.

The most prized ball in my collection is probably the Morgan Pressel Evian Championship ball.  It was a limited release for a European tournament and very hard to get a hold of.  My favorite though is actually not in the picture yet (I have 8 that are in route to me) and that is a Cohiba one.  I'm a very avid cigar smoker so that one is just neat to me.

I would argue that course coins were originally made to be used, but people started collecting them.  That seems to be the same thing with Truvis.  A lot of higher end courses have started doing a custom truvis ball and sell them as singles; it's replacing the cheap pinnacle with a logo in that sense.  At that point I don't think they are intending for you to play it, but you certainly could.

Then you have tournaments that are starting to do them as well and corporations for charity events etc… To me, at least, it seems they are intended to be collected.

Goooooooooood gracious I had no idea they had so many different truvis patterns. How did you find all of those? And now in the world did you hear about them? Are there any that you are missing?

Through other golf forums, social media sites and everyone's favorite auction site :D I have search filters set up and check them pretty frequently. 

I am unfortunately missing a LOT of them.  The two I am most actively looking for are "The Grinder's Cup" and the Mark Crossfield ball.

Thanks for the share myndcraft. You got me curious so I went and found photos of the balls you're talking about. For those keeping score at home, here's what I found.

Cohiba

IMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

IMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

IMG_7971.JPG

That Padres ball you have is pretty darn cool. I could definitely see myself getting a Mets version to display. The temptation to play them would be extremely high though.

I actually had no idea that there were so many variants. And you have the Wesley Bryan Taco Bell ball!

Ditto, had no idea there were that many and collected also!

Pretty cool!

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; PXG 0311XF Cypher 50 gr Senior  
5 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr       
7 wood; Ping 425, Senior Shaft 55 gr      
5 hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous R2     
Irons; Mizuno JPX 923HM 7-GW Recoil 460 F2
Wedges; Titleist S9 54*, Mizuno SW 56*

Putter; Waaay too many to list

I've been playing these since they came out. I just want to know how you get your hands on some of these? These cannot be from “eBay searches”. These seem like the kind of balls you have to know someone to be able to get.

So I just did a search on eBay. I have realized that there is no way on this earth that I will ever collect these. A 3 pack sleeve of Stars and Stripes, $25. 1 yes 1 green and white Wahlbergers ball. Has 3 bids, and the current bid is $76, Nope, no way, no chance. Have fun collecting these. They are cool to look at but that's about it for me

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing the pictures. My collection, if you can call it that is a blue one, pink one and Masters green lol. Guess I could add a red one and yellow/black one from my bag, haha.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Thanks for the share myndcraft. You got me curious so I went and found photos of the balls you're talking about. For those keeping score at home, here's what I found.

Cohiba

attachicon.gifIMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

attachicon.gifIMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

attachicon.gifIMG_7971.JPG

That Padres ball you have is pretty darn cool. I could definitely see myself getting a Mets version to display. The temptation to play them would be extremely high though.

Tell you what if I ever run across any of these I'll send it to you. You'll appreciate much more than me.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Cohiba

attachicon.gifIMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

attachicon.gifIMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

attachicon.gifIMG_7971.JPG

There's actually two different Padres balls.  One with the Pentagon and another with a Homeplate shape.  Still looking for that one LOL

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image?  That's actually not the ball I was referring to.  This one is:

t7arj5Y.png

I've been playing these since they came out. I just want to know how you get your hands on some of these? These cannot be from “eBay searches”. These seem like the kind of balls you have to know someone to be able to get.

Well some have been ebay purchases, but the majority were trading with others.  There's a close knit handful of us that takes cares of one another.  A lot of these are from private clubs or events.  We go to what we can, get as many as we can, and trade with guys who did the same thing with a different one.  My collection got started out of the kindness of some guys who just gave me a bunch to get going.

So I just did a search on eBay. I have realized that there is no way on this earth that I will ever collect these. A 3 pack sleeve of Stars and Stripes, $25. 1 yes 1 green and white Wahlbergers ball. Has 3 bids, and the current bid is $76, Nope, no way, no chance. Have fun collecting these. They are cool to look at but that's about it for me

The secondary market is just plain stupid and not needed. Yes, you may never get a Whalburger ball, but 80% of the collection I have is from flat out trading.  Stars and Stripes can be found in retail easily right now at normal Chrome Soft prices.

Tell you what if I ever run across any of these I'll send it to you. You'll appreciate much more than me.

Don't forget about me LOL

There's actually two different Padres balls. One with the Pentagon and another with a Homeplate shape. Still looking for that one LOL

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image? That's actually not the ball I was referring to. This one is:

t7arj5Y.png

Well some have been ebay purchases, but the majority were trading with others. There's a close knit handful of us that takes cares of one another. A lot of these are from private clubs or events. We go to what we can, get as many as we can, and trade with guys who did the same thing with a different one. My collection got started out of the kindness of some guys who just gave me a bunch to get going.

The secondary market is just plain stupid and not needed. Yes, you may never get a Whalburger ball, but 80% of the collection I have is from flat out trading. Stars and Stripes can be found in retail easily right now at normal Chrome Soft prices.

Don't forget about me LOL

No problem, can't forget those balls.

Rick

Left Hand, 

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image? That's actually not the ball I was referring to.

Yup. Should check my facts harder. I just typed "Grinders Cup Truvis Ball" into Google and it was one of the early hits. Turns out that was actually from an ideas thread on the Callaway forum so not an actual ball at all. Upon closer inspection, that's just the Callaway "C" and has nothing to do with Grinders Cup. They must've talked about it earlier in the thread.

Don't collect them but I play them just about every round. 4 dozen of the Stars and Stripes are on the way to the house now.

WITB 2024

Qi10 LS 9* HZRDUS RDX Smoke Blue 60g 6.5

M5 15* Evenflow Black 75g 6.5

Sim Ti 22* HZRDUS Red 75g 6.5

Sim2 Rescue 22* Diamana Thump 100x

X Forged CB 5 - PW MMT 105 TX 

Jaws Raw 50*, 54* & 58* TTDG "OG" Spinner

Toulon Madison BGT Fire 34.75"

Z Star Diamond

Had no idea, myndcraft, that Callaway was creating a collectible. To date I have yellow/black, red/white, pink/white and green/white Truvis. Not collecting, but playing them. Pink with pink shirts, red with red shirt, etc

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Before this thread I had seen on the courses the Callaway "soccer ball" , but never heard the word Truvis.

At Callaway's website, this is what I found:

http://blog.maderasgolf.com/2016/04/28/tales-of-truvis-a-q-a-about-callaways-truvis-chrome-soft-golf-ball/

I read nothing nothing in the above linked story about the "collector balls". How are these collector version Truvis balls usually introduced-advertised-distributed ?

It's not that they are creating "collector's balls" so much as being are just choosing to collect them, much like people do with coffee cups or other random things.