Any Truvis Collectors here?

So I just did a search on eBay. I have realized that there is no way on this earth that I will ever collect these. A 3 pack sleeve of Stars and Stripes, $25. 1 yes 1 green and white Wahlbergers ball. Has 3 bids, and the current bid is $76, Nope, no way, no chance. Have fun collecting these. They are cool to look at but that's about it for me

Lefties are always in their Right Mind

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Like the title says, is anyone here a Truvis collector?  Just curious to see what you have in your collection. I'll go first  

Tom Friggen Watson!  Thanks a bunch to my friends at Callaway Golf.

My current collection

Posted Images

Awesome collection, thanks for sharing the pictures. My collection, if you can call it that is a blue one, pink one and Masters green lol. Guess I could add a red one and yellow/black one from my bag, haha.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks for the share myndcraft. You got me curious so I went and found photos of the balls you're talking about. For those keeping score at home, here's what I found.

Cohiba

attachicon.gifIMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

attachicon.gifIMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

attachicon.gifIMG_7971.JPG

That Padres ball you have is pretty darn cool. I could definitely see myself getting a Mets version to display. The temptation to play them would be extremely high though.

Sent from carrier pigeon using MyGolfSpy

Tell you what if I ever run across any of these I'll send it to you. You'll appreciate much more than me.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Thanks for the share myndcraft. You got me curious so I went and found photos of the balls you're talking about. For those keeping score at home, here's what I found.

Cohiba

attachicon.gifIMG_7972.JPG

Grinders Cup

attachicon.gifIMG_7970.JPG

Crossfield

attachicon.gifIMG_7971.JPG

That Padres ball you have is pretty darn cool. I could definitely see myself getting a Mets version to display. The temptation to play them would be extremely high though.

There's actually two different Padres balls.  One with the Pentagon and another with a Homeplate shape.  Still looking for that one LOL

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image?  That's actually not the ball I was referring to.  This one is:

t7arj5Y.png

I've been playing these since they came out. I just want to know how you get your hands on some of these? These cannot be from “eBay searches”. These seem like the kind of balls you have to know someone to be able to get.

Well some have been ebay purchases, but the majority were trading with others.  There's a close knit handful of us that takes cares of one another.  A lot of these are from private clubs or events.  We go to what we can, get as many as we can, and trade with guys who did the same thing with a different one.  My collection got started out of the kindness of some guys who just gave me a bunch to get going.

So I just did a search on eBay. I have realized that there is no way on this earth that I will ever collect these. A 3 pack sleeve of Stars and Stripes, $25. 1 yes 1 green and white Wahlbergers ball. Has 3 bids, and the current bid is $76, Nope, no way, no chance. Have fun collecting these. They are cool to look at but that's about it for me

The secondary market is just plain stupid and not needed. Yes, you may never get a Whalburger ball, but 80% of the collection I have is from flat out trading.  Stars and Stripes can be found in retail easily right now at normal Chrome Soft prices.

Tell you what if I ever run across any of these I'll send it to you. You'll appreciate much more than me.

Don't forget about me LOL

• Like 2

There's actually two different Padres balls. One with the Pentagon and another with a Homeplate shape. Still looking for that one LOL

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image? That's actually not the ball I was referring to. This one is:

t7arj5Y.png

Well some have been ebay purchases, but the majority were trading with others. There's a close knit handful of us that takes cares of one another. A lot of these are from private clubs or events. We go to what we can, get as many as we can, and trade with guys who did the same thing with a different one. My collection got started out of the kindness of some guys who just gave me a bunch to get going.

The secondary market is just plain stupid and not needed. Yes, you may never get a Whalburger ball, but 80% of the collection I have is from flat out trading. Stars and Stripes can be found in retail easily right now at normal Chrome Soft prices.

Don't forget about me LOL

No problem, can't forget those balls.[emoji106]

Rick

Left Hand, 

Driver; Titleist TSi2, Kuro Kage 50 gr R2

5 Wood; Cally Steelhead 

5 Hybrid; Cally Steelhead, Hazardous Vista Pro R2

Irons; Ping G710 6-GW, Recoil 460 R2

Putter; Waaay too many to list

Can you tell me where you found that Grinder's Cup image? That's actually not the ball I was referring to.

Yup. Should check my facts harder. I just typed "Grinders Cup Truvis Ball" into Google and it was one of the early hits. Turns out that was actually from an ideas thread on the Callaway forum so not an actual ball at all. Upon closer inspection, that's just the Callaway "C" and has nothing to do with Grinders Cup. They must've talked about it earlier in the thread.

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

Don't collect them but I play them just about every round. 4 dozen of the Stars and Stripes are on the way to the house now.

• Like 2

In the Bag for 2021

:callaway-small: Epic Max LS 10.5* AD TP 6x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 15* AD TP 7x

:callaway-small: Rogue SZ 18* AD MT 7x

PXG 0311X Gen 2 23* AD DI 95x

PXG 0311T Gen 3 5-6 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311ST 7 - PW KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 50/10 KBS $ Taper 130

PXG 0311 Sugar Daddy 54/10 & 58/07 TTDG TI S400

:odyssey-small: Toulon Madison Stroke Lab 34"

Had no idea, myndcraft, that Callaway was creating a collectible. To date I have yellow/black, red/white, pink/white and green/white Truvis. Not collecting, but playing them. Pink with pink shirts, red with red shirt, etc

• Like 2

Driver: PXG 0211 w/Evenflo Riptide CB Regular shaft BACKUP DRIVER: Cobra F8 w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft  Fairways:  Cobra King F8 3W(14.5*) & 5W(18.5*) w/Mitsubishi ck Blue regular shaft Hybrid: Ben Hogan VKTR 3 Hybrid(18*) w/Recoil ES Hybrid(75 GM) regular shaft Irons: Wilson D7 5-PW w/Recoil 460 Regular graphite shafts Wedges: Cleveland RTX Zipcore(50*/54*/58*) w/True Temper Spinner Wedge steel shaft  Putter: 33" Evnroll ER2 Bag: Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag(Peacoat Blue).  Pushcart:  Caddytek 3.0 from Costco

Before this thread I had seen on the courses the Callaway "soccer ball" , but never heard the word Truvis.

At Callaway's website, this is what I found:

http://blog.maderasgolf.com/2016/04/28/tales-of-truvis-a-q-a-about-callaways-truvis-chrome-soft-golf-ball/

I read nothing nothing in the above linked story about the "collector balls". How are these collector version Truvis balls usually introduced-advertised-distributed ?

It's not that they are creating "collector's balls" so much as being are just choosing to collect them, much like people do with coffee cups or other random things.

• Like 3

Don't collect them but I play them just about every round. 4 dozen of the Stars and Stripes are on the way to the house now.

Just came back from Golf Galaxy (pulling launch monitor numbers for my G400 review) and they must have had 200 boxes of the Stars and Stripes stacked near the register. $45 bucks a pop.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

• Like 1

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

If he does I don't want to know.. lol

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Dave-

Follow me on twitter @GolfCrazyWA and on Instagram @GolfcrazyWA

WITB:

Cobra Ultralite Cart Bag 

Cobra F8+ Driver Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra F8+ 3wd Hzrdus Red 65g shaft

Cobra 3 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra 4 hybrid Rogue Pro 75g Shaft

Cobra F8 irons 5-GW KBS tour 90 stiff shafts

Cobra King Black Wedges 54* and 58* versatile grind

Snake eyes Viper Putter.

Ball: Srixon Z-Star

• 2 weeks later...

The collection has grown a bit and I've updated the first post with a newer picture, but I'll do the same here.   Notice there's two golf website balls in that picture, but no MYGOLFSPY!  Let's go guys :)

As always if you have one not pictured here I'm happy to trade or buy it from you!

K6aIA2V.jpg

• Like 5

The collection has grown a bit and I've updated the first post with a newer picture, but I'll do the same here.   Notice there's two golf website balls in that picture, but no MYGOLFSPY!  Let's go guys :)

As always if you have one not pictured here I'm happy to trade or buy it from you!

K6aIA2V.jpg

I will keep a look out fer ya!

• Like 1

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

• 2 weeks later...

Updated collection

So.....what's new to the collection? Tell us about your balls.

• Like 1

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch