Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

could more par 3 courses help the game ?

When I lived in Connecticut we had a par 3 course about a 1/2 mile from work (Cedar Ridge). We had our golf league there. Great course to work on your game. No carts, not crowded. It was a long par 3 course so you got to use the full bag. The shortest hole was 103 yards and the longest was 250 (200 carry over water) There were a total of four holes that the yardage was over 200. Total yardage was 3025. Back then it was around $9 for 9 and  $18 for 18. Plenty of elevation changes and just a fun course to play and learn on. 

It would be great if there were more courses around like that.

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag

YES YES YES..... I go once or twice a week on the weekends to just play 9, due to time restrictions and play a full round after work during the week. I use the Executive course to work on my iron play and chipping.  

:ping-small:G410 LST 7* W/ UST V2 84-gram S-shaft

:ping-small:G400 Strength 3 wood 12* W/ UST V2 94-gram S-shaft

:tour-edge: EXS PRO Hybrid 19* & 22* W/ 6.0 SMOKE 80g

:srixon-small: Z585 5-PW MODUS Tour S-105 / May switch out to S400's in the future

:cleveland-small:CBX FULL FACE 56* & Smart Sole 4 G/W 50*

:cleveland-small:Cleveland Classic Collection HB 2 Black Pearl putter

:Snell:MTB-X Yellow

:titelist-small: Bag

:Arccos:

... Personally I don't care for par 3's on a regular course so I surely don't want 18 of them!  🤪  We live in a different time and there are many factors to consider. If you live somewhere that has plenty of courses, it would be hard to financially maintain a par 3 course. There are over 100 golf courses within 30 miles of my house, Phoenix has even more. And unless they are on a team, I rarely see older teens or 20 somethings walking, they all take carts. That would be tough for a par 3 to maintain. 

... My best friend lives in Hendersonville NC, and they have an executive course with lights that stays open until 10pm weekdays and 11pm weekends. I think teens love playing at night, whether it is a date or just friends. I am just not sure how financially viable it is today. I do think there will always be a place for a par 3 course for many of the reasons already posted, and hope they never go away. 

Driver:     :taylormade-small:    Qi10 10.5* ... Ventus Red Velocore 5R
Fairway:  :taylormade-small:    Qi10 5 wood ... Kai'li Blue 60R
Hybrids:  :ping-small:        430 Hybrid 22*... Diamana LTD 65r  
                  :taylormade-small:    DHy #4 ... Steelfiber 780Hy  
Irons:       :titleist-small:           '23 T200 5-Pw ... Steelfiber i95r
Wedges:  :titleist-small:           Vokey 50*/54*/58* ... Steelfiber i95r
Putter:     :cobra-small:    Sport-60 33" 
Ball:           Maxfli/:taylormade-small:  Maxfli Tour/TP5x

6 minutes ago, chisag said:

... Personally I don't care for par 3's on a regular course so I surely don't want 18 of them!  🤪  We live in a different time and there are many factors to consider. If you live somewhere that has plenty of courses, it would be hard to financially maintain a par 3 course. There are over 100 golf courses within 30 miles of my house, Phoenix has even more. And unless they are on a team, I rarely see older teens or 20 somethings walking, they all take carts. That would be tough for a par 3 to maintain. 

... My best friend lives in Hendersonville NC, and they have an executive course with lights that stays open until 10pm weekdays and 11pm weekends. I think teens love playing at night, whether it is a date or just friends. I am just not sure how financially viable it is today. I do think there will always be a place for a par 3 course for many of the reasons already posted, and hope they never go away. 

I disagree with the idea that it's harder to be financially viable as a short course. If you think about the cost of ownership and footprint of a short course vs a full course, a short course is a fraction of the cost. There is a reason that Bandon, Pinehurst, Sand Valley, Cabot are all adding short courses and i guarantee it's not because they're losing money on them.

Hopefully in the coming years we will see more and more courses turn dead space on their properties into short courses. It's the ultimate place to settle a tie, have a beer, and maybe grab a hole in one (even if it carries an asterisk).

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 10.5, Motore X F1 60 X-Stiff

:cobra-small: RadSpeed 14, Motore X F1 60 Stiff

:taylormade-small: M6, 4H 22.0

:mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal Pro, 4-PW, Nippon Modus 105

:taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60, SB - Black

:odyssey-small: White Hot OG #7

Vice Golf Pro Plus

:Arccos: Smart Sensors

9 minutes ago, TCUFrog said:

I disagree with the idea that it's harder to be financially viable as a short course. If you think about the cost of ownership and footprint of a short course vs a full course, a short course is a fraction of the cost. There is a reason that Bandon, Pinehurst, Sand Valley, Cabot are all adding short courses and i guarantee it's not because they're losing money on them.

Hopefully in the coming years we will see more and more courses turn dead space on their properties into short courses. It's the ultimate place to settle a tie, have a beer, and maybe grab a hole in one (even if it carries an asterisk).

Way different comparing a short course at a resort to a true par 3 course. 

:taylormade-small:     Stealth 2+ 9 (Diamana PD 60 S 45") 

image.png.dee92ef6cebb2ac4a3883744fc248f12.png     Stealth 2+ 15 (Diamana PD 70 S 43")

:ping-small:          G425 19 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:ping-small:          G425 22 (Raijin 2.0 85x)

:srixon-small:            ZX7 5-9 (KBS C Taper S)

:titleist-small:            Vokey SM9 45 10 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 49 08 F (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 55 08 M (KBS 610)

:titleist-small:           Vokey SM9 59 04 T (KBS 610)

:taylormade-small:     Spider GT Splitback 34"

:titleist-small:           ProV1 #23

Twitter             @THEZIPR23

"One thing Golf has taught me, is that my muscles have no memory."

I do not think par 3 courses will help the game. Nor will 9-hole only or executive courses. If you don't have regulation 18, you don't have anything.

Take Dead Aim

Take Dead Aim

Driver: PXG 0211 10.5* 

Fairway: Titleist 917 F3 15*

Hybrid: Adams Idea Pro Boxer Gold 18*

Irons: MacGregor MT-86 Pro

Wedges: Vokey 50/54/58

Putter: SeeMore X2 Costa del Mar

Ball: Srixon Z-Star