Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

2018 Official Forum Member Review - Wilson C300 Irons

That's great Tony, nice to see you still enjoying the clubs and making handicap improvements 😁😎

In my :titleist-small: cart Bag:

Driver:    :cobra-small: King F9 9° - LH - Atmos Blue TS 6 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue 7 Reg
               :srixon-small: Z U85 2 Iron
Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 4 Iron AMT White S300
  :titelist-small: T100S - LH - 3-48* - AMT White S300
Wedges:               Indi FLX- LH - 52° 56° 60° - True Temper Spinner Wedge shafts
Putter:    :rife-putters-1: 2 Bar Hybrid
Ball:        :titelist-small: Pro V1x

Testing: Haywood CB/MB Combo Iron Set, 4-7 Cavity backs, 8-PW Muscle Backs, True Temper Dynamic Gold 105 Stiff, 2 Degrees stronger lofts.

Tracked By: :Arccos:

Follow me on Twitter @ham12_hampton and on Instagram @Nunfa0 

• 1 month later...

Closing out my official review of the C300’s (unofficial stage 3), a few comments since my last post on October 1st 

As stated earlier, I really liked the clubs, especially since I played better. Most of my previous concerns were around the cosmetic features, including the grips, location of the tool marks and the scuffing of the finish. Note: I did not have the paint flaking issues that some members reported initially (maybe they were painted on a Thursday instead of a Friday 😁 )

My long irons played well, and in many instances ended up using my 5i and 6i where I might have gone with my hybrids. However, my 4I is still in my other bag awaiting the reopening of the range next spring. Getting a ‘handle’ on that 4i will be one of my objectives for next year. BTW I love the KBS 90 shafts. 

The clubs did polish up well and deserve a rest after about 100+ rounds this year. . 

IMG_5490.JPG

The urethane in the 'Power Holes' stayed intact (no sign of loss of adhesion). The scuffing that I observed after initial play has not gotten any worse so I'm pretty happy about that (I'm a bit OCD when it comes to my 'stuff'). 

IMG_5491.JPG

You can see the paint fill is intact (note if you look closely you'll see some white marks, that's just lint from my wiping cloth).

IMG_5493.JPG

Overall I'm very pleased and look forward to playing them next year. Now if I could only be a tester for the yellow F-9 wood and a new putter 😉.

Thanks again Mod's for picking me! 

Left Hand orientation

:taylormade-small:SIM 2 D Max with Fujikura Air Speeder Shaft 

Cobra  Radspeed 3W/RIptide Shaft
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter

:ShotScope: V3
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 

EZGO TXT 48v cart
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Vice Pro Plus 

2020 Official Teste:SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Thanks for chiming in with an end of season update Tony. Sounds like they really worked for you this season.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

I tested the C300 Forged, Tour V6, and the F5 Tour irons. I got the best numbers and feeling with the F5 tours with a Nippon Modus 120 X-Stiff shaft. Also, I demoed the Ben Hogan Edge. The Edge had the same "pillowy" feeling as the C300 Forged but to me, was a better built product. Also, the price of the Ben Hogan Edge is hard to beat for a filled forged iron.

Great follow up, Tony. I'm glad that you didn't have many of the paintfill issues that most of us did. I don't see the poly that fills the power holes being a concern, going back to the C200s I can't recall that ever being a complaint. 

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

• 3 months later...

Update**

my friend who was playing these irons lost some of the badges and noticed some rusting here and there. Roger Dunn worked it out and got the whole set replaced!

then within 3 weeks, the new set started rusting too. He took them back to complain, and figured he would get something different. Somewhere between Roger Dunn and Wilson, they asked him that if he would stay with Wilson clubs, they would give him which ever clubs he wanted with no extra charge. 

So, he chose the V6 tours. Even though they cost $300 more, Wilson said no problem! And boy o boy are they purty! The problem is that he is about a 15 hdcp, and he is having a hard time hitting these new clubs. They’re small heads, thin top line, very traditional lofts. About two clubs shorter than my jacked up p790’s. But wow they felt good.

i kinda think they did a disservice to the guy by changing his c300’s into these as he isn’t hitting them well at all. He said he hit them perfectly in the booth, but we all know how that works. I hit them a few times as I’ve always wanted to, and I must admit, they felt sooooo good. He says the same thing that everyone says, that he’ll become a better ball striker. To which I said, good luck!! And I told him I was jealous because they are so nice. The only good news is that he still has 90 days to decide he doesn’t like them. 

Anyways, kind of a ramble on there...

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

• 1 month later...
On 4/20/2019 at 11:46 PM, Sluggo42 said:

Update**

my friend who was playing these irons lost some of the badges and noticed some rusting here and there. Roger Dunn worked it out and got the whole set replaced!

then within 3 weeks, the new set started rusting too. He took them back to complain, and figured he would get something different. Somewhere between Roger Dunn and Wilson, they asked him that if he would stay with Wilson clubs, they would give him which ever clubs he wanted with no extra charge.

just am getting through this thread and wanted to add my experience here as well.

I purchased a demo set of C300s in December and immediately had the badges fall out of two clubs after a few indoor range sessions.

Wilson Customer Service would not honor the warranty because I purchased the clubs used, but Diamond Tour Golf (where I purchased them) put me in touch with a sales rep who got the two clubs replaced. 

Fast forward a month or so and the badges came out of the replacement clubs, too! I contacted the sales rep again and this time they ordered me a brand new set.

Last month at the range I was hitting the 5 iron and noticed a weird sound. The badge almost was completely detached, again! This time I caught it before it came completely loose. I took a heat gun and clamp to it, and it hasn't come loose since. Although, now I refuse to hit my 5 iron at the range.

I really like the clubs, but there is something definitely wrong with the adhesive they use to hold the badges on. I have not had issues with paintfill, and the sole wear has been minimal for me.

Just wanted to add my two cents...

Unofficial WHS Handicap: 7.5 / Anti-Cap: 13.0 (Last Updated Feb. 19, 2024)

Driver: callaway_logo.png.3dd18aa65544000dd0ea3901697a8261.png Callaway Paradym TD (10.5°, -1/N), 45.75", Fujikura Motore X F1 6X | Fitting Post
3 Wood: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra RadSpeed Big Tour (14.5°), 43", Fujikura Motore X F1 7X
20° Hybrid: PXG_Logo.png.8401024d1fb8aec46f0e790c1aa5b80c.png PXG 0211 (2020 Model), 40.25", Mitsubishi Tensei AV RAW White 90X
4 Utility: 
cobra_logo.png.190908c8b4518eec87c087429e4343ee.png Cobra KING Utility (2020 Model), 38.5", Aerotech SteelFiber i110cw Stiff
5-PW:
logo-Ben-Hogan-large.png.98d743ae5487285c6406a1e30a0a63b5.png Ben Hogan PTx Pro, 37" 7 Iron, Aerotech SteelFiber i125cw Stiff | Club Champion Fitting
50°, 54°, 58°:
231036130_Edel_Golf_Logo_v2_grandecopy.png.13cc76b963f8dd59f06d04b1e8df2827.png Edel SMS, V Grind, Nippon Modus 125 Wedge| Official Review Thread
Putter:
image.png.49fcc172a1ed0010d930fbe1c5dc8b79.png L.A.B. Golf DF 2.1, 36", 68°, Black with Custom Sightlines, BGT Stability Tour, L.A.B. Press II 3° | Unofficial Review
Grips: 
stargrip.png.4285948f41f1409613266e7803f0bbaa.png Star Sidewinder, Undersized with Custom Tape Build-Up
Ball: :Snell:Snell MTB-X Optic Yellow

Tracked By: shotscope.png.4a7089f2bddff325285b1266a61dda03.png  Shot Scope H4
Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Personalized 2020 Sun Mountain Sync
Riding On: 
image.png.1db52ce91db040317a9ac580f1df8de8.pngBag Boy Nitron | Official Review Thread

WITB? | 2022 Reviewer Edel SMS Wedges | 2021 Reviewer Maxfli Tour and Tour X Balls2020 Participant #CobraConnect Challenge | 2019 Reviewer Callaway Epic Flash Driver

Yea, my buddy gave up on them and got some ap3’s and hasn’t looked back

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes