Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Vice Tour

No3PuttLaLa

So I've seen tons of people talk about Vice Pro and Pro+. However, I have not seen anything about Vice Tour on MGS. When using their ball fitter, that's what was recommended for me.

I was wondering if anyone has used them or has feedback on them. I've heard nothing but good things about them, outside of MGS.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

So I've seen tons of people talk about Vice Pro and Pro+. However, I have not seen anything about Vice Tour on MGS. When using their ball fitter, that's what was recommended for me.

I was wondering if anyone has used them or has feedback on them. I've heard nothing but good things about them, outside of MGS.

Last year, I used the Vice Tour. The main reason for the choice was financial. I didn't want to spring for the Pro as I was in the midst of learning my new swing after going through my first set of lessons ever. I wasn't prepared to lose a more expensive Pro.

I enjoyed playing it as I was learning how to work with my new swing. The ball sounded nice off of the face of the clubs, responded well for the short game, and would move in the air the way I anticipated it would.

Switching to the Pro this year, I feel that the ball springs off the face faster, and moves through the air even more extremely. Aka, my great shots are great, my bad shots are extra bad. The forgiveness of the Tour was nice to have, but the Pro is for sure way more responsive to the things I want it to do.

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Big fan of all Vice balls. For whatever reason, I seem to play Bridgestone's best, but at the price and the fact that my home course has water on every hole, I tend to use Vice more than any other ball. I prefer the Pro over Tour, but have definitely used both. 

Driver:  :callaway-small: Great Big Bertha

Irons: PXG 0311 Gen 2

Wedges: PXG, Callaway Mack Daddy 3

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpgER3

IMG_4153.JPGIMG_4154.JPGIMG_4155.JPGIMG_4156.JPG

I'm in love with this ball! Highly recommended for anyone playing NXT Tour

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

I picked up their 10-ball 2/pk sampler a couple weeks ago but haven't had a chance to go through and try out all the options. Excited to give them each a spin though and can update on feel and game when I've hit them all.

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

• 5 weeks later...

Hard to find reviews for the tour. This is great information. I was just looking at getting some of these to try the other day. The tour is super affordable for a hacker like me.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

RH:

Driver: :cobra-small: F9 9.0º - 14g Low - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Woods: :cobra-small: F9 3W - Evenflow White T1100 75G X

Hybrids: :cobra-small:  F9 3H - Aldila Green X

Irons: :cobra-small: F9 One Length 4-PW - Modus3 Tour 105 S

Wedges: :cobra-small: King Wedges 50º/54º/58º Versatile

Putter: :ping-small:  Sigma G Tyne 35"

Ball: Srixon Z Star XV

#cobraconnect19

I tested all of the Vice balls against a TP5, ChromeSoft and NXT Tour S

I was carrying a shoulder injury at the time, so swing speed was down and driver attack angle was poor, creating more spin, but you can still see the comparison.

I game the Pro Plus currently and I love it, especially for the value when bought in bulk.

@vicegolf ball review, prepare for data overload... First things first, I like them. All of them, in their own way... I've got a damaged left shoulder currently, so wasn't able to swing as quickly or as freely as usual (which really showed in the driver) but I figured this made for a good "real world" review anyway as most amateurs are quite inconsistent. I hit around five shots per ball, per shot type, retaking and eliminating any real outliers. I also included a Chrome Soft and TP5 (my recent gaming balls) along with a Titleist NXT Tour S (my father's gamer and an equivalent price point ball). The first table with "scores" gives a spin score based on wanting high iron spin and low driver spin, while the carry is a factorial of all clubs. The higher the better in both charts. The later charts show the GC2 data for all balls with Driver, 7-iron and 60° wedge on full and half shots. The analysis "normalises" spin and carry relative to ball speed to eliminate variance in my swing. Based on these scores I'm going to take both the Pro Soft and Pro+ on course and see how I feel about them during a game, it'll be one of those two going in my bag now. Early preference is for the Pro Soft purely because I like the matte finish. As you can see from the numbers though, the premium Vice balls really stack up well against more expensive competition. Another note, while the Drive doesn't have the spin numbers I'd want for my short game, it's a very good ball for distance and in my opinion, for many amateurs who just knock about at the weekend it's a truly great ball, cheap and it will maximise your swing well. Definitely interesting to get these on GC2. I'll take them on course next week and update my thoughts, especially once my shoulder has freed up. For the money though? Very, very impressed... #golf #golfer #golfing #golfersofinstagram #golfoninstagram #instagolf #sport #practice #review #blog #blogger #blogging

A post shared by Jon Brittan (@makingscratch) on

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

Instagram @makingscratch : https://www.instagram.com/makingscratch/

Twitter @makingscratchUK : https://twitter.com/makingscratchuk

WITB:

• Driver : Ping G400 - Tour65 Stiff 44"
  • Fairway : Taylormade Burner 2.0 15deg - Reax-R
  • Hybrid : Taylormade M2 22deg - Flex-R
  • Irons : 4-6 Srixon Z765, 7-PW Srixon Z965 - Nippon Modus 105 S
  • Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15
    • 56deg Vokey SM5 F-Grind - Nippon ProModus 130 TX
    • 60deg Miura K-Grind - TT DG Spinner
  • Putter : Evnroll ER2
  • Ball : Vice Pro Plus

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

If that embedded version doesn't work, here are some raw images

The aggregated score is looking for best total distance for all clubs, while factoring spin for wanting high spin in the short game and low spin in the long.

Aggregated_score.jpg

Driver_7.jpg

Wedges.jpg

Self taught golfer trying hard to improve his game. Started playing early summer 2016.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

Proud owner of a slowly approaching complete archive of Titleist's blades circa 2000-2014 and a Wilson FatShaft CI10 blade putter in perfect condition (seriously, try Googling it and look at the state of the few that show up) which I bought when at college and just happens to look like it's stamped with my daughter's name, born 14 years after I bought it...

If that embedded version doesn't work, here are some raw images

The aggregated score is looking for best total distance for all clubs, while factoring spin for wanting high spin in the short game and low spin in the long.

Forgive my ignorance, How is launch angle effected by the ball? or are you just showing the data to help it make sense? 18 to 11 seems like a big difference between the Drive and TP5, but they carried about the same, I guess due to the ball speed difference? 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

I keep the Vice Tour in the gamer rotation now after playing numerous rounds with them. Previous gamer was NXT Tour which Titleist took out of the lineup replaced by the pricier Tour Soft. For mostly financial reasons (and Amazon availability) I tried the Vice Tour after using their ball selector tool.

Performance for me was nearly the same as far as individual club yardages go. The Vice seems to spin a bit less than the NXT and noticeably less than the Tour Soft - longer roll out on full shots into green and not as much check up on pitch/chip shots). 

Solid strikes on the Vice didn't feel quite as compressed as with either of the two Titleists, but that matches the performance results on shots into the green.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

Forgive my ignorance, How is launch angle effected by the ball? or are you just showing the data to help it make sense? 18 to 11 seems like a big difference between the Drive and TP5, but they carried about the same, I guess due to the ball speed difference? 

That's there for information. As I noted in the original post, I was quite inhibited by a shoulder injury at the time which affected my freedom to swing a long club. You can see that the figures with irons remain pretty consistent, but driver is a hard club to control with a lack of freedom in one shoulder.

Launch angle can be affected a little by the ball based upon how long it stays on the face etc, but the driver variance is mostly me. Without that shown, though, the rest of the figures may be misleading.

I'll probably do it again some point now I can swing freely again.

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

I'm currently gaming the Tour and would recommend them to anyone really. I wrote a review in the master thread for ball reviews: https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18861-mygolfspy-master-golf-ball-review-thread/page-6?do=findComment&comment=392975

I think the most impressive thing is the amount of spin generated on mid to long irons. I rarely have trouble getting long shots to stay on the green when I'm lucky enough to be on target. 

Taylormade SIM Driver

Titleist 915 3 wood

Taylormade M1 Hybrid

Mizuno JPX921 Tour 4-PW

Mizuno T20 50/55/60

Toulon Las Vegas

Taylormade TP5x

📸https://www.instagram.com/samej_g/

That's there for information. As I noted in the original post, I was quite inhibited by a shoulder injury at the time which affected my freedom to swing a long club. You can see that the figures with irons remain pretty consistent, but driver is a hard club to control with a lack of freedom in one shoulder.

Launch angle can be affected a little by the ball based upon how long it stays on the face etc, but the driver variance is mostly me. Without that shown, though, the rest of the figures may be misleading.

I'll probably do it again some point now I can swing freely again.

Yeah, its a really cool data set, but its hard to tell for the driver part what ball really performs the best. the rest of the data is great. The big question is are you gaming the Vice Pro Soft since it seems to have outperformed everything else for you? 

RH:

#cobraconnect19

The big question is are you gaming the Vice Pro Soft since it seems to have outperformed everything else for you?

No, Vice Pro Plus.

With a functional shoulder I'm driving about 290, so the short game spin is a winner for me. Soft is my backup choice though and I'm always tempted to grab some just because personally I like the matte finish.

Frankly, for the bulk prices, you can't go wrong with the Vice Premium balls, imo.

With relevance to this thread, Tour really didn't work for me, but I can see it's market and the Drive is great if you need distance added to your game

WITB:

• Wedges
    • 52deg Cleveland CG15

• 1 month later...

I picked up some Vice Pro Soft & Vice Pro Plus.

Going 9 for ea today,

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

Archived