TESTERS WANTED! ×

New Optishot Ball Flight

cfeek

Looks pretty nice! Although... 6K. SkyTrak is much cheaper. It would be cool to do a side-by-side it get a comparison of accuracy.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Yep, $6,000...I'm good.

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

Looks pretty nice! Although... 6K. SkyTrak is much cheaper. It would be cool to do a side-by-side it get a comparison of accuracy.

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

Precisely. I have an OptiShot, so when I saw this announcement, I was intrigued. But that price makes no sense at all. I suppose they're trying to horn in between the GC Quad/TrackMan level and the SkyTrak level, but there's no real space there in accuracy, as far as I have read.

There's absolutely a market space to get greater accuracy in the sub-$1,000 space, but I can't see this being a market success for OptiShot.

Sent from my LG-G5 using the MyGolfSpy mobile app.

:titleist-small: TS3 9.5°, Tensei Blue
:755178188_TourEdge: CBX T3 15°, Project X HZRDUS Black
:callaway-small: Epic Super Hybrid 18°, Aerotech Steel Fiber FC HYB S
:755178188_TourEdge: C722 21°, Ventus Blue 8S
:touredgeexotics: CBX Iron-Wood 25°, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0
:Sub70: 639 CB, Aldila NV 95 Graphite, 6–PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 48°
:mizuno-small: T22 54° and 60°
:edel-golf-1: EAS 4.0, Garsen G-Pro grip
:taylormade-small: TP5x and Tour Response

Full WITB with pictures

I have an Optishot as well and frankly, it's a fun video game, and that's about it.

I don't understand this price point. How is this better than SkyTrak?

If I'd known about the Mevo, I wouldn't have bought the Optishot.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

• 4 weeks later...

Does this give both ball and head data if so then it has a place and if not then I agree seems like a misstep.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using MyGolfSpy mobile app

WITB

Paradym *** set to 8* with ventus black 7x

Paradym *** 5 wood 18* with linq purple x 

TaylorMade p790UDI (1st gen) 2 iron bent 1* weak with graphite design tour AD shaft

Callaway Apex pro 4-pw kbs tour v x stiff shafts

TaylorMade milled grind high toe 50, 56(bent to 55) and 60* 

Odyssey seven s versa putter at 32.5 " 

This tracks ball flight as well as club data. This is a good price for what you get, however it is not in the price point for most people. Like myself I would rather do SKY track. This does come with several course at no price increase.

Army vet 

love golfing

love the game 

• 1 month later...

I'm looking to eventually do a decent home simulator setup but I along with a lot of you don't want a video game.  I want accuracy.  I know people roll their eyes when I start talking about it because in my mind theres a huge deal if I'm being told a 9 iron is going 161 carry when its really carrying 154.  I want the most accurate thing I can afford to put this all together.  Its probably a pipe dream because I expect trackman accuracy at the 2k-5k price point but I'm not sure I'll get it.  Maybe several years down the line we can pick up a trackman from 2017 in the year 2021 for 2500 LOL  maybe I'm dreaming but come on folks there has to be a teacher out there or a club or a business that wants to upgrade and maybe they sell theirs for 15k to some guy who uses it for a year or so and sells for 10k and then a guy who uses it for several more years and then I'll step in and buy it for 2500 LOL   I know I know keep dreaming.  For thousands of dollars I'm expecting quality - put it this way - in the 90's if I told you in the year 2010 you'd be able to buy a device that fit in your pocket, sent email, made phone calls, jumped on the internet like a computer, could print wirelessly to a printer, could access anything your heart desires with all the known information that man has created and it would only cost 599 - you'd think I needed to go to the loony bin - well in my opinion the tech packed into a smart phone far out paces the tech packed into a launch monitor - the price must come down in years to come - would you want to sell 100 units at 25k (2.5mill) a piece or 15,000 units at 2500 a pop (37.5mill)?  Just sayin

Ben S
Hailing from N Aurora IL

WITB:
Putter: Mizuno by Bettinardi BC1 w/SuperStroke MidSlim 2.0 Flamed finish (1 Degree)
Driver: Ping G – Mitsubishi Diamana Blue 73 X (10.5 Degree)
3 Wood : Callaway Epic Flash – Mitsubishi Tensei AV Blue 75 S (15.5 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Tour Edge CBX 119 – Project X EvenFlow Black 85 S (18 Degree)
3 Hybrid: Ping G – Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro Blue HY 86 S (19 Degree)
4 – GW: Ping i210 - Oban CT-115 X (22.5 - 50 Degrees)
SW: Titleist SM7 S Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (54 Degree)
LW: Titleist SM7 D Grind - Tour Chrome - Stock S200 (58 Degree)
All Grips:  Winn Dri-Tec Midsize - Gray/Blue w/ 2 extra wraps low hand
Customizing:
Lime Green/Hot Pink Custom Paintfill - all clubs
White ferrules with Blue Stripes from Cell-Parts.net
Irons fitted & built by True Spec Golf
Custom Headcovers from Sunfish Golf
PING White DLX Cart Bag

• 11 months later...

I'm curious on what Optishot was thinking here. I rarely see anybody writing about how much they love their Optishot. I can’t believe the price tag on the BallFlight. That is a huge price jump, and I just don’t think that the trust factor is there for it after the Optishot.

I'd like to see a side by side comparison of the Ballflight, Skytrak, and GC2. I’m curious if it’s just as good as Foresight Sports, though I’m already skeptical. I started off with the Optishot 2, did not deliver as I expected.

I upgraded to Skytrak and found more of what I was looking for. I’d like to someday move to a GCQuad, but $1,995 for the Skytrak was still a lot for me. I’d have to see a lot more info on the Ballflight, but it’s probably not ever going to be on my radar after my disappointment.

Im guessing its an initial first year price at $6000 and then will begin to optimize production to bring it closer in line to SkyTrak pricing. No way you can sell someone on a $6000 system and provide equal results compared to a $1800 Skytrak system....

Charleston, SC

HDCP 13.0

• Driver: :taylormade-small:  M6 9* with 65g Stiff Mitsubishi Tensei Red shaft
  • 3 wood: :ping-small:  G425 stiff shaft
  • 5 wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth 2 stiff shaft
  • 4-gw irons:  :mizuno-small: JPX 921 Hot Metal w/ X-stiff KBS 130gr shafts (soft stepped)
  • Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 52, 56, 60 
  • Putter: 34" Scotty Cameron 12.5
  • Ball: :titelist-small: ProV-1x
  • Tracked By: :Arccos:

MGS Tester '20 - :ping-small: G710 Iron Review

MGS Tester '19 - :918457628_PrecisionPro:Precision Pro NX9 HD Pro laser rangefinder