Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Green aeration and handicap

Wedgie

I keep an “official” handicap on The Grint for no more than just my own use. No tournaments or anything. The last 3 rounds I've played have been on courses with plinko like greens due to aeration. For those that keep an official handicap do you count these types of rounds towards your handicap?

Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

Nothing to add - the rule is count it just as you would count the round where your buddy gave you some three footers and you know you could have missed some.

BTW if he gives you an 8 footer you should add a stroke for handicap purposes because you wouldn't ordinarily expect to make that one.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

I've never given this a thought. Our greens are aerified twice a year. However, the holes are no larger than a pencil. The greens are usually lightly sanded and brushed. They will aerate on the closed day. The next day you'll hardly notice. 

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Thanks for the input guys, I really appreciate it. I keep a handicap for a buddy trip and try to be honest with where my game is.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

I'm hoping that the new handicapping rules that kick in next year will smooth this out (pun intended). If they're going to adjust for abnormal course and weather conditions, then if your greens are unputtable after aeration and scores are abnormally high, this should be taken into account and you can post without worrying about these scores hosing up your handicap.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Archived