Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Ping Color Chart

I have a Craz e g2i putter Green Dot.

Standing at 6'5 I putt very very good with it. It's Hugh and blue but it performs anywhere on the green.

My question is I am thinking about trying a ping glide wedge with a green dot to see if that would improve my game.

Any thoughts?

The Glides are sweet-I demoed a couple of them last week actually.

The only way to know if your lie angle is going to be right is to actually hit some shots off of a lie board. Are you anywhere near a PING fitter? It'd be the only way I'd suggest proceeding to be honest.

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I have a Craz e g2i putter Green Dot.

Standing at 6'5 I putt very very good with it. It's Hugh and blue but it performs anywhere on the green.

My question is I am thinking about trying a ping glide wedge with a green dot to see if that would improve my game.

Any thoughts?

There's a good thread here somewhere on our Ping Glide 2.0 wedge testing. I can attest they are the best wedges I have ever gamed! Go get fit, buy one and try it. You'll like it.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Graphite Design Tour AD DI-6x

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2 0211 15* 3W Mitsubishi Tensei Raw Blue 65-S
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex

(These two are gonna fight it out in early "24 to see who stays in the bag...)

:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
MX21TOURYLW_NOCOLOR_FRT.jpg.79e37b9c329b3d3a644cb61d2746a057.jpg

:ping-small: Hoofer Camo Stand Bag

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

Here's the link to the member testing for those babies that MGoBlue100 mentioned

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/18831-official-forum-member-testing-ping-glide-wedges/?p=265561

Keep us apprised on how you proceed!

Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)

#Powertotheplayers

Here's the link the the nflight fitting on Ping's website that Topline was talking about.  It's a good start, but nothing compares to actually hitting the different dots.  Ping also does fitting events that are free that would be great for you to try everything!

http://nflightweb.ping.com/#ready

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Here's the link the the nflight fitting on Ping's website that Topline was talking about.  It's a good start, but nothing compares to actually hitting the different dots.  Ping also does fitting events that are free that would be great for you to try everything!

http://nflightweb.ping.com/#ready

SPOT-ON GW14! I've used this several times to get a "sense" at least of what my starting point should be. The more I've used it, the better I understand it. It also has helped me reading posts like this over and over again to also add to my knowledge base and really understand what it all means.

HybridKing, do indeed try this out and print out your results. It is only a "starting point" but it should serve you well as a solid baseline prior to a live fitting. Take that info to the best PING fitter you can find and they'll give you the full on PING hook-up!

Let us know how it works out!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

SPOT-ON GW14! I've used this several times to get a "sense" at least of what my starting point should be. The more I've used it, the better I understand it. It also has helped me reading posts like this over and over again to also add to my knowledge base and really understand what it all means.

HybridKing, do indeed try this out and print out your results. It is only a "starting point" but it should serve you well as a solid baseline prior to a live fitting. Take that info to the best PING fitter you can find and they'll give you the full on PING hook-up!

Let us know how it works out!

Exactly right. I got fitted for my G400 driver, and the nFlight fitting consistently put me in the Tour 65 stiff shaft with the SFT head. When I got fitted the fitter, who is also a teaching pro, watched me take 3 swings with that shaft and said I was working too hard with it. He was right, and I could feel it. I also couldn't hit the SFT head well. I ended up with the Max head and the Alta shaft.

I went back recently to get some numbers from the launch monitor, and worked with the same guy. We even put the Tour shaft in the Max head, and again it just wasn't right. If I'd only trusted the nFlight, I would be in a driver that's nowhere near as right for me as what I've got. There's no substitute for hitting them.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Exactly right. I got fitted for my G400 driver, and the nFlight fitting consistently put me in the Tour 65 stiff shaft with the SFT head. When I got fitted the fitter, who is also a teaching pro, watched me take 3 swings with that shaft and said I was working too hard with it. He was right, and I could feel it. I also couldn't hit the SFT head well. I ended up with the Max head and the Alta shaft.

I went back recently to get some numbers from the launch monitor, and worked with the same guy. We even put the Tour shaft in the Max head, and again it just wasn't right. If I'd only trusted the nFlight, I would be in a driver that's nowhere near as right for me as what I've got. There's no substitute for hitting them.

Good stuff! My demo day was a total eye-opener. I would never have thought that I'd ever fit into a stiff shaft with my swing speed, but the live-hitting totally proved otherwise. Now..to work on a proper take-away and release... :unsure:

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

The Glide is a great wedge.  Be careful though... as others have said, get fit for it.  

Just because your Craz-E is green dot doesn't mean that your wedge should be.  The swings are different.  I was fit for Ping i20 purple dot which is 1.5* flat lie angle, but my Ping Sigma G Doon putter is green dot which is 2.25* upright lie angle.  I stand fairly close to the ball when I putt.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

The Glide is a great wedge.  Be careful though... as others have said, get fit for it.  

Just because your Craz-E is green dot doesn't mean that your wedge should be.  The swings are different.  I was fit for Ping i20 purple dot which is 1.5* flat lie angle, but my Ping Sigma G Doon putter is green dot which is 2.25* upright lie angle.  I stand fairly close to the ball when I putt.

Kenny B makes another fine point here that is also spot-on. Further, your lie with irons may be different than even the wedges. It just depends on how you swing 'em. Bottom line? GET FITTED!

Driver

#Powertotheplayers

+1

My G400LSTec fitting was an eye opener too. You wouldn't think there would be so much difference detween shafts.

I was all over the place until the shaft that fit me was installed. Then the grouping suddenly got really small and longer than the rest.

The cool part is that shaft was the best match for my swing, but maybe the Black Hazardous shaft will be the cats meow for a guy with a similar, yet slightly different swing than I have. The. hIS grouping will be the best.

You just won't know until you try the different ones.

And keep in mind, if you skip the fitting, you may still be quite happy with your stick, and not even know that a different shaft would/ could be giving you even better results.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

I would like to find a place that will fit every club. Driver, Woods, 3-PW and wedges for loft and lie individually.

Yeah I know most of those can be fit individually, I'm more talking the irons per iron. Not with a 6 iron.

I could have a rainbow of lie angles. And might not need the standard lofts.

Anyone done this?

What is the flex of the Alta driver shaft you received ?

I ended up with the stiff Alta shaft and a 9* Max head.

My Bag:

Earlier you wrote that the Tour 65 stiff proved to be not a good fit for you.

What is the flex of the Alta which you ended up buying ?

I ended up with the stiff Alta shaft and a 9* Max head.

My Bag:

I would like to find a place that will fit every club. Driver, Woods, 3-PW and wedges for loft and lie individually.

Yeah I know most of those can be fit individually, I'm more talking the irons per iron. Not with a 6 iron.

I could have a rainbow of lie angles. And might not need the standard lofts.

Anyone done this?

This would be really interesting. If you actually do this, make sure you let us know. I don't know if I could take the number of swings it would take. I take plenty when I play, but those are spread out over 4 hours. I get all worn out after 45 minutes on the launch monitor. You'd have to eat your Wheaties!

My Bag:

This would be really interesting. If you actually do this, make sure you let us know. I don't know if I could take the number of swings it would take. I take plenty when I play, but those are spread out over 4 hours. I get all worn out after 45 minutes on the launch monitor. You'd have to eat your Wheaties!

Not sure it is possible. Unless I go straight to PING for a fitting. I doubt I could walk up and say. Yo, Mr. Karsten I need to be fit for every club in the bag.

I know it's not unusual for Ping Tour staff players to have bags with 2 or maybe even 3 different color codes.

For example, a player might have his 3 and 4 irons green dot (2 degrees upright) , 5 thru PW blue dot (1 degree upright) a SW and LW that is red dot (1 degree flat).

My i5s were 3-7 green and 8-P Blue.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Archived