Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Here’s what Club Champion fit me in to...

Worked on my game and my job all winter, and made good progress at both. My wife also got me a fitting for Christmas so I decided to finally redeem that and reward myself for the hard work by buying the spec'd clubs from them. Probably the most fun I've ever had purchasing any kind of material good. Thought I'd share here if anyone has an interest. This forum has been an awesome resource as I prepared for the fitting and worked on my game. First time posting.

Background is that I am 40 years only and only picked up game seriously two years ago. Had played intermittently before then, but never focused on improving. Broke 100 for first time last summer and goal this summer is to be in low to mid teens. Took lessons and made it about halfway through that Tathata training, and have improved my swing a lot. My current clubs were Taylormade hand me downs from my uncle, all with senior A flex graphite shafts that wobble like crazy. BUT I get these bad boys next week...

Ping G400 Driver and 3w with Hzrdus Yellow

Tour Edge Exotic CBX hybrid in 18 and 22 with Atmos Blue

Callaway Apex CF16 with Oban steel CT100 R+ shafts 5-GW

Taylormade Milled Grind Bronze 56 and 60

All with GP MCC midsize grips.

Odyssey O Works #9 (from last year, didn't replace).

Pretty excited. Feel like I'll be much more confident from tee knowing my shafts no longer have the profile of a wet noodle. Did I go overboard? Probably. Could have spend half of what I did at a big box, but Club Champion experience was awesome. I would have never predicted the clubs that ended up feeling the best.

Current handicap is 25 (yikes). Have only played twice this year, nine holes and didn't break 50. Swing is so much better, though, and new clubs were literally 30 yds less dispersion in the fit. Guesses on what I'll shoot in my first round with these?

That is a solid bag there, congrats! I'd be remiss if I didn't focus on the G400's-those are bad-ass sticks! :rolleyes:

I'd predict an initial score right around 100 as you ease into all the new and different "feels" of these clubs and then I'm counting on hearing about sub-100's from then on out...! I'll be looking for those posts... B)

Cheers, good luck and have fun with them!

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

I'll bet that dispersion is 30 yds less!! You're going to enjoy playing on the golf course for a change.

Nice setup they put you into.

Best Wishes.

Won't guess on your initial scores but your game is going to improve if you want it.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great bag and since you are serious about the game now I think you went about it the right way. With the correct weight and flex shaft for your swing you can now just focus on improving. Good stuff!

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Thanks for all the encouragement! Will do some pics when I get them. Was hoping I'd have them for the long weekend but need to give the noodles a final send off. Delivery date is Tuesday.

Correction: Driver is G400 Max.

Nice setup!!! Have FUN with them, and best of luck with your golfing goals!

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
Driver...Callaway Paradym (Aldila Ascent PL Blue 40/A)
5W...Callaway Great Big Bertha (MCA Kai'Li Red 50/R)
7W...Tour Edge Exotics EXS (Tensei CK Blue 50/R)

4H...Callaway Epic Super Hybrid (Recoil ZT9 F3)
5H...Callaway Big Bertha ('19) (Recoil 460 ESX F3)
6i-GW...Sub 70 699 V2 (Recoil 660 F3) 
54°, 60°...Cleveland CBX2, CBX 60 (Rotex graphite)
Putter...Ev
nRoll ER5 or MLA Tour XDream (P2 Reflex grips)
...all in a Datrek bag on an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart. Ball often, not always, MaxFli Tour.

Forum Member tester for the Paradym X driver (2023)
Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator (2020)

followthrough.jpg

92. Enjoy your new setup. I really enjoyed Club Champion. The right fit just gives you better results and confidence.

I'm hoping to get an opportunity to get to tour experience late summer. It's been a while since I went through a total fitting experience. Worth it just for the knowledge gained even if you don't pull the trigger on new stuff!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Love it. Grip n Rip it!

Going with 94.

No pressure though 🤞⛳️🏌️

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Great first post and get out there and crank out a 94!    

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Great post!  I look forward to hearing your thoughts after hitting the new clubs for a while.  I am about the same handicap and experience.  I bought new clubs last year, but I wasn't fitted for them.  When I wear these out, I really want to spend the money and get fitted like you did.  Please keep us posted!

Mizuno JPX EZ driver

Taylormade SLDR HL 3 wood

Mizuno JPX EZ hybrids 3 & 4

Mizuno JPX EZ Irons 4-G

Titleist SM6 Vokey wedge 54.10

Odyssey White Hot Pro V-line putter

That is an awesome fricken bag!!

Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 (8*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Fairway:   :ping-small: G400 (14.5*) with Diamana Kai'li X-stiff

Irons: :ping-small: Crossover 3 iron (19*) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shaft

:titelist-small: AP3 (4/5) and AP2 (6-PW) with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Wedges: Scor 50*, 54*, and 58* with TT Dynamic Gold 120 S400 shafts

Putter:  :cameron-small: Pro Platinum Newport 2 Midslant

Handicap: 3

Location: Illinois...until i can get my wife to move to a warmer climate

Right Handed: Although sometimes I wonder if left handed would suit me better :blink:

@txmason - will do. (Mason is my son's name). And thanks for the challenge, everyone else! I love a little competition so 92 it is. Will report back once get them out. I usually play 9 at a time given I have young kids but will do a debrief after a round or two.

Nice setup, and I hope they are everything that you expect.  I think the biggest benefit will be that decreased dispersion with properly fit clubs.  Eager to hear about how your game progresses!

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   Sacks Parente MC 3 Stripe

Backup Putters:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W, :taylormade-small:TM-180

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

What a great bag! Will enjoy seeing your progress.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I applaud you going all out! But my guess if first time out won't change your score much. Don't get me wrong I hope you shoot your best ever But it's a feel thing and now your potential is much higher. Good luck and congrats

Have you been able to get these out onto the course yet?

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:mizuno-small: ST-X 10.5* Kai'li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 15* Kai/li Blue R Flex
:mizuno-small: ST-Z 4h Linq Blue R Flex
:cleveland-small: Launcher 5h
:cleveland-small: Launcher CBX 6i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54* & 58*
:cleveland-small: Huntington Beach #10
:bridgestone-small: e12 Contact
CURRENTLY TESTING - Mizuno Long Game

Archived