TESTERS WANTED! ×

Fort Worth Invitational-Merged Threads

EthanSterlingPrice

Image1527164550.705655.jpg

So today is Day One and just like last year I'm working the leaderboard on hole 4 next to the practice range. I'll get pictures and post as it progresses. If anyone is gonna be here for the tournament gimme a holler!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Putter: Nike Method Converge B1|01 with Superstroke Flatso 2.0 grip.

Good to see you Ethan.

Enjoy the tournament!

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Enjoy -

I'm looking forward to those pictures.

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Sorry fellas today was hectic with everything from radio problems to computers down all together for scoring so I wasn't able to get any decent pictures, but tomorrow I'll get some good ones. I can brag a bit about having a little conversation with Rickie Fowler and the chairman of Colonial, both real nice fellas. For now I'll sign off on day one, expect more tomorrow!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Driver: Nike Vapor Flex with Mitsubishi Rayon Fubuki ZT60x5ct S-flex shaft and stock grip.

3-Metal: Nike VRS 15 degree with Mitsubishi Rayon tour issue Diamana S73x5ct X-flex shaft and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grip.

Irons: Ben Hogan PTx 22, 26, 30, 34, 38, 42, 46 degrees standard length and lie with KBS Tour-V stiff shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Wedges: Ben Hogan TK15 54, 58 degrees with KBS Tour-V X-flex shafts and GolfPride MCC midsize Black/White grips.

Sorry fellas today was hectic with everything from radio problems to computers down all together for scoring so I wasn't able to get any decent pictures, but tomorrow I'll get some good ones. I can brag a bit about having a little conversation with Rickie Fowler and the chairman of Colonial, both real nice fellas. For now I'll sign off on day one, expect more tomorrow!

Rickie's on my fantasy team. I hope you told him it's time to step it up and get it done at a major!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Hey Ethan, have not heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. See that your into the volunteer gig. That's terrific! I did it for the Outback for 5 years until it was eliminated. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Hey Ethan, have not heard from you in awhile. Hope all is well. See that your into the volunteer gig. That's terrific! I did it for the Outback for 5 years until it was eliminated. Don't be a stranger.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

yup sorry about the scarcity, I got more time now so I'll be showing up a good bit more now.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Rickie's on my fantasy team. I hope you told him it's time to step it up and get it done at a major!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

he's striking the ball well so don't count him out!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Image1527296215.977057.jpg

Day two is in the books. Today I had a little bit of breathing room so I managed to get some pictures. Got there at 7:00am this morning to catch some of the players on the range before they went out. Had to get the leaderboard set up and running by 8:00 and that's when things got chaotic trying to keep up with all the lead changes.

I didn't get to do a lot of walking around today and the heat didn't help. (Do whatcha gotta do to cool off sometimes, picture courtesy of a friend)Image1527300150.955869.jpg

Finally perks of the badge include great views of the action, here's some shots from Rahm, Rickie and Jordan as they teed off on 4 today from 246 yards. Not one metal wood between the three of them...

Image1527301132.431801.jpg

Image1527301732.726978.jpg

Image1527301755.891011.jpg

In spite of a bit of heat today was great and next comes moving day! Until then...

Image1527302038.196131.jpg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Great stuff. Getting excited for our turn to host the tour in a couple weeks.

#FESJC #HushYall

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Nice photos Ethan!

I've been a few times but it's been years now. Out here in W. Texas where I'm located the forecast calls for 105, 106, 103 the next few days. Ouch! I took at look at Ft. Worth were it says 97,98,99. But.... the humidity will be the killer there in FW and will probably feel much more miserable. Hopefully these breezes will stick around for everyone.

Question: I loved the Colonial because it was so old school back when I used to go. Does it still have that same feel? I recall areas under the pecan trees where they'd have BBQ smoking on the pits and cold beer and such. Of course loads of pretty girls rounding out the scenery. Ahhhh... the good ole days.  :)

Can't wait to see your next batch of photos.

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

Great pictures! Thanks for posting them. Keep 'em coming.

Sent from my XT1585 using MyGolfSpy mobile app

I always try to remember that I'm not good enough to get mad!

My Bag:

:ping-small:  G400 Max

:ping-small:  G30 3W

:cobra-small: King S9-1 5W

:taylormade-small: Aeroburner 3 Rescue/Hybrid

:ping-small: G400  5-UW

:cleveland-small: RTX4 52* and 56*

:rife-putters-1: 2Bar Mallet

:ping-small: Traverse II Cart Bag

Nice photos Ethan!

I've been a few times but it's been years now. Out here in W. Texas where I'm located the forecast calls for 105, 106, 103 the next few days. Ouch! I took at look at Ft. Worth were it says 97,98,99. But.... the humidity will be the killer there in FW and will probably feel much more miserable. Hopefully these breezes will stick around for everyone.

Question: I loved the Colonial because it was so old school back when I used to go. Does it still have that same feel? I recall areas under the pecan trees where they'd have BBQ smoking on the pits and cold beer and such. Of course loads of pretty girls rounding out the scenery. Ahhhh... the good ole days. :)

Can't wait to see your next batch of photos.

definitely has a classic feel to it. I had fresh cooked brisket tacos for lunch and a cold coke (not a Dr Pepper in sight) really easy to get an up close look at the action badge or no badge.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Looks like you are having a hawt time in that Texas sun!   Great pics!!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Well fellas I wasn't able to get any pics today with all the moving day action going on. I did score a few balls and Justin Rose signed my volunteer badge. I'll get some good shots tomorrow to close out the week though so stay tuned!

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

It was fun but it's all over for another year, today was pretty busy on all but the top of the board. Got to see some great golf from Rose, Na and Koepka today and Rickie was decked out in his osu orange.

Image1527475672.658218.jpg

Got to meet some great people, ask me about meeting the colonial chairman and not having a clue until after lol. Hot as could be today at some points but thankfully no serious heat issues that I heard of. All in all it was a great week. Definitely gonna miss the views though...

Image1527475761.802485.jpg

Well this officially concludes my week on the tour. Already gonna count down till next year but I'll do it in the air conditioned house with a bluebell ice cream in my hand.

Image1527475906.527954.jpg

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

That's good stuff man. Gonna do leader board next year or switch up?

I'm biased but all the cool kids do ShotLink

Grip n Rip it

Chicks dig the LONG ball

In my :callaway-small: staff bag

:cobra-small: King F7+ Mitsubishi Tensei CK Pro White 60 - Graphite Tour X-Stiff

:755178188_TourEdge:  CBX 13.5 3 Wood

:1332069271_TommyArmour:  Atomic Irons 4-AW (reviewing)

:cleveland-small: CG16 Satin 52*

:cleveland-small: 588 RTX 2.0 56* and 60*

Sentio Sierra 101-M Putter

Proud tester of the Tommy Armour ATOMIC Irons 

Well, I worked this event for the second year in a row after volunteering at the Nelson for years. What a great course and event. Marshaled around the 6th and 7th hole for 5 days and the people that came to watch were for the most part, great well mannered fans. Only heard someone yell on a tee shot a couple of times. not at all on Sunday. Great fun and a great time

Mizuno MP25's With KBS C taper stiff shafts

Ping G Series 10.5 Tour Model

Right Handed

Prosper Texas

8.2 hdcp

That's good stuff man. Gonna do leader board next year or switch up?

I'm biased but all the cool kids do ShotLink

I've got some options but I love where I am so I'll probably keep doing what I'm doing.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Donny we had another thread created by another member who volunteered the event also. He posted some pictures as well.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Merged the two threads so everyone gets to hear about both their experiences. Must have been pretty fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Getting out to a tour event is on my bucket list. Really want to follow these guys around for a couple of days and see their game live.

:ping-small:                      400 Driver (8*)                      UST ATTAS Punch 6S

:cobra-small:               F6 Baffler (16*)                      Matrix Red Tie 65Q4

:titelist-small:                        816 H1 Hybrid (21*,23*)        Diamana S+ Blue 82 HY

:srixon-small:                        Z765 (5-PW) +2*                    Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:titelist-small:                        Vokey SM5 50.08F 54.10M   Aerotech Steelfiber i110cw

:callaway-small:                         PM Grind 60*                         Dynamic Gold S400

:ping-small:                      TR 1966 Anser 2

:srixon-small: Z Star ball        

:ping-small:  Pioneer Cart Bag

Getting out to a tour event is on my bucket list. Really want to follow these guys around for a couple of days and see their game live.

if only I'd known, I won two extra tickets for Sunday and couldn't find anyone to use them.

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Hey that's pretty awesome to get the winning signature on your badge! Rose was lights out that whole weekend.

Driver: Callaway Rogue - Project X HZRDUS Yellow, 6.0, 63g

Fairway: Callaway Epic 3 wood, Rogue MAX stiff, 75g

4-6 Iron: Mizuno JPX-850 - Project X 5.5 

7-PW: Mizuno JPX-850 Forged - Project X 5.5

Wedges: Mizuno MP-T5 (50, 54), Ping Glide 2.0 Stealth 60 ES

Putter: Odyssey Marxman, Currently tested and kept Golf Pride Tour SNSR Contour Pro 140cc grip

Hey that's pretty awesome to get the winning signature on your badge! Rose was lights out that whole weekend.

the funny part was getting it before Sunday

Right Handed

4.5 handicap

Archived