Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

Best courses at Myrtle Beach

Bouldin79

I play at Myrtle once a year. Played Kings North last year and it was by far the best course I've played. Possum trot arrowhead and man o war are the others I have played. Anybody have a better course than Kings North I need to try? Will be their last week of June if any other members will be that may wanna play. My son and myself that is.

I play at Myrtle once a year. Played Kings North last year and it was by far the best course I've played. Possum trot arrowhead and man o war are the others I have played. Anybody have a better course than Kings North I need to try? Will be their last week of June if any other members will be that may wanna play. My son and myself that is.

Personally, I think TPC Myrtle Beach is a really nice course (I would rank it along side Kings North, perhaps a little better). Wild Wing - Avocet is also very nice, IMO. I played the Barefoot Love course about 4 years ago and thought it was nice too.

There are a few pics in a Myrtle Beach thread I started back in March from a trip I took if you are interested.

Sent from my BLN-L24 using Tapatalk

Driver:  :callaway-small:Epic Speed 9* (set -1) MMT 70X
3W:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR Recoil 760ES
3H, 4H: :bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR 19*, 23* Recoil 780ES
4-AW:bridgestone-small: Tour B JGR HF2 Modus3 Tour 105
SW: :cleveland-small: RTX Zipcore Black Satin 54*
LW:Sub70: TAIII Black 58*
Putter:ping-small: Scottsdale TR Senita
Bag: BigMax Dri Active Lite
Ball:taylormade-small: TP5x or :titleist-small: AVX (yellow)
Pushcart: BigMax iQ+

Testing Complete, Final Review PostedSub70 TAIII Forged Wedges

I live down here. Tidewater is in excellent shape and a great track. Glen Dornoch and Shaftesbury Glen are also really good courses in great shape. Aberdeen is in great shape and not that expensive. Tradition, Prestick and Arrowhead are also great tracks in really good shape. Can't go wrong with any of The Founders courses.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

If it is still there (I know MB has had a few courses close over the years) but the Pearl is a gorgeous couple of courses up in North MB, close to Calabash- I believe there are two there, and both are brilliant.  The heather's, as already noted, and Shaftesbury Glen is also very nice if you are a fan of A. W. Tillinghast design courses (Bethpage Black, Wingedfoot and Firestone, to name just a few).  Dont forget to have a nice steak dinner at Chucks steakhouse, on the main road in north MB.

What's in the bag?

Driver :callaway-small: Callaway Mavrik 105 set to 9.5, square, Aldila Rogue White 130 MSI 60G Stiff shaft
#3 Wood  :callaway-small: Callaway FT Tour 13 degree neutral setup, Fuijkara 370 Stiff Shaft
Hybrid  :cobra-small:  18 Degree King Cobra Baffler pro, Baffler Stiff shaft
4-PW :titelist-small: Titlest 714 AP2, Standard loft and lie, MGS S Shafts
:benhogan-small: 53, 57 degree loft Hogan Equalizer wedges
1962  :wilson_staff_small: Wilson "Sandy Andy" sand wedge with HUGE bounce!
Putter MLA Pro Classic
:titelist-small: Titlist ProV 1, ProV 1x

Currently Gaming "Costco Kirkland Signature Tour Performance" balls

If it is still there (I know MB has had a few courses close over the years) but the Pearl is a gorgeous couple of courses up in North MB, close to Calabash- I believe there are two there, and both are brilliant. The heather's, as already noted, and Shaftesbury Glen is also very nice if you are a fan of A. W. Tillinghast design courses (Bethpage Black, Wingedfoot and Firestone, to name just a few). Dont forget to have a nice steak dinner at Chucks steakhouse, on the main road in north MB.

The Pearl is a dirt track now, and Heather Glens closed at the end of 2017. I live in Calabash. Many lost greens due to winter. Avoid The Pearl, Sandpiper, Sea Trails, and Thistle. Crow Creek redid their greens last year and is in top shape. Farmstead is also in good shape. I'm a member at Farmstead, Tidewater, and The Glens .... all great right now!

I liked Wachesaw Plantation, Founders Club & Wicked Stick(no longer there).

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

• 3 weeks later...

The Pearl is a dirt track now, and Heather Glens closed at the end of 2017. I live in Calabash. Many lost greens due to winter. Avoid The Pearl, Sandpiper, Sea Trails, and Thistle. Crow Creek redid their greens last year and is in top shape. Farmstead is also in good shape. I'm a member at Farmstead, Tidewater, and The Glens .... all great right now!

Thanks for the intel on Farmstead.  We are heading to the area to visit my folks in a couple of weeks and a number of our usual spots were reportedly hit hard by the winter kill.  We've already got a tee time at Crow Creek, will have to visit Farmstead again too.  I think it's the only course I've ever played that crosses state lines.

Man o war and arrowhead were great imo. Those are the only ones i remember from years ago

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Avocet at Wild Wing was always one of my favorites

Sent from my SM-J727VPP using MyGolfSpy mobile app

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

My favorites have always been:

True Blue, Caledonia, TPC of MB, Leopard's Chase, Tiger's Eye, Wild Wing Avocet, Legends Parkland/Moorland/Heathland (sentimental inclusion, owned a condo at Legends for 12 years), King's North, Tidewater, Dunes Golf and Beach Club.

For on the cheap, The Wizard is a pretty darn good track.

Hands down World Tour. You get to play 18 holes that you more than likely never get to play in life. 

Driver  :ping-small: G425 9* Hzrdus Smoke Green Small batch 6.5 70g

Fairway Wood:   image.jpeg.b9b42744cb10f0524500549b74545dd7.jpegCobra Radspeed Big 3 Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Hybrid:  image.jpeg.c5ec9f74aa563ad0246ab686b1c35eeb.jpegCobra Aerojet 5 Wood Hzrdus Smoke Black 6.5

Irons:     :titelist-small: T200 (4-AW) AMT Black Stiff Shafts 

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: Tour Rack 56* 60*

Putter:   :cameron-small: Scotty Cameron Golo 5

Right Handed 

Pittsburgh, PA

I had made up my mind on tidewater until I talked to a buddy who runs our local driving range. He said I made a good choice but mentioned World Tour. Heck I may just play them both! Thanks again guys.

I'm a member at Tidewater. You will not be disappointed! Great layout, excellent conditions, beautiful views. One of the best tracks down here. I live in Calabash and play many of the courses. Tidewater is one of my favorites! Also heard from the pro at Wild Wing that World Tour and some other top courses are having issues with greens right now

• 1 year later...

Originally from Myrtle Beach. True Blue, Caledonia, and The Reserve are top end Myrtle Beach courses

Elizabeth City, North Carolina

Right Handed

Handicap: 18

Driver: Taylor Made Sim MAX D-type 9.5 / VA composites Vylyn Shaft 65G Stiff

Irons: Mizuno JPX 919 Hot Metals / KBS C-Taper Shafts Regular

I go down for a week of golf every other year. World Tour is memorable but tough. You are playing all signature holes that you probably will never get to play. You have to do it at least once. Caledonia, True Blue, Heritage, Shaftsbuty Glen, TPC MB, Rivers Edge are all top notch. Something different to try is "The Witch". Thousands of feet of wooden bridges connecting holes in a swamp. You will see gators!

:titleist-small: Driver, TSi 1 S Flex

:cobra-small: 3 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex

:cobra-small: 5 wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 7 Wood, Aerojet Max UST Helium Nanocore R Flex 

:cobra-small: 5 Hybrid King Tec MMT R Flex

:cobra-small: Irons, Tour UST Recoil 95 R Flex (6 - Gap)

:cobra-small: Wedges, Snakebite KBS Hi- Rev2.0 54* & 60*

:cobra-small: Agera 35"

image.png Ultralight 14-way Cart Bag