TESTERS WANTED! ×

Speaking of Clones...

indacup

Very interesting. What's the lofts on them? I have this "thing" about PW's being 45* and 6i's being 29*... that's why I went with the Acer XK Pro's (and stayed away from Diamond Tour)... more "traditional" lofts.

PW - 45*

6i - 27*

even uglier than the original

agree X 2.0

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

I don't find anything wrong with the look. Kind of reminds me of a spider... pretty neat (I laso have spiders on my grips, for what that's worth). The only turn-off is the lofts. I don't care for strong-lofted irons. I don't know why, it's just a "thing" (maybe an OCD or something) I have.

.... The only turn-off is the lofts. I don't care for strong-lofted irons. I don't know why, it's just a "thing" ... I have.

There's nothing wrong with that approach. Strong lofts are a trick carried out by the manufacturer on social golfers that don't assist in any meaningful way. It's meant to stroke the ego more than anything so that the dope at the end of the club thinks he's become Dustin Johnston all of a sudden.

I'm with you.

I'd like to see lofts stamped on ALL irons. Single wedges are marked so why not irons? Tommy Armour 845s had the loft stamped on the toe/face.

Nickent had a 5 iron at 23 degrees (my 4 iron is 24).

How long will it be when you buy a set of five irons (5 thru 9) and buy a separate set of five wedges, with PW at 44)?

I don't find anything wrong with the look. Kind of reminds me of a spider... pretty neat (I laso have spiders on my grips, for what that's worth). The only turn-off is the lofts. I don't care for strong-lofted irons. I don't know why, it's just a "thing" (maybe an OCD or something) I have.

I'm with you.

I'd like to see lofts stamped on ALL irons. Single wedges are marked so why not irons? Tommy Armour 845s had the loft stamped on the toe/face.

Nickent had a 5 iron at 23 degrees (my 4 iron is 24).

How long will it be when you buy a set of five irons (5 thru 9) and buy a separate set of five wedges, with PW at 44)?

TM and Wilson both have sets where the PW is ~43*! I mean, is that REALLY necessary? It's that "vanishing loft disease" (per Tom Wishon) that lead to the creation of the GW... but what's going to happen when we need an XGW (extra gap wedge)?

But going by lofts makes perfect sense. Manufacturers can do as they please with their lofts, we don't have to be suckered into thinking that we're absolutely crushing the 7 iron (which is actually the same loft as yesterday's 5 iron). The only thing I'd request is the LH'ers have the same access as righties. Some sets come 4-GW for righties, but 4-PW, SW for lefties. That's a little unfair. If a person doesn't want their GW to be a continuation of the iron set, that's cool, but there are those that do want it that way.

• SPY VIP

Which TM set has the 43* PW? The Burner 2.0 PW is 45*

Lofts in that set only get jacked up in the long irons with the 5i being 24*

I like this actually because then I can play 3H to 5i with minimal gaps.

This allows me to play a LW and 5W too.

Loft stamping would be helpful, but if someone really cares, the numbers are easy to find.

Volvo Intorqueo

All the cool kids follow me on twitter: @GolfspyDave

If you are not a cool kid, following me on twitter will make you cool...

Which TM set has the 43* PW? The Burner 2.0 PW is 45*

Lofts in that set only get jacked up in the long irons with the 5i being 24*

I like this actually because then I can play 3H to 5i with minimal gaps.

This allows me to play a LW and 5W too.

Loft stamping would be helpful, but if someone really cares, the numbers are easy to find.

It thought it was Cobra and Wilson that had the 42* PW.

Archived