Testers Wanted! Callaway Ai Smoke Drivers & AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

"Esperanza" model from MannKrafted

golfluvzme

I hope that I am alright posting this one, here. The putter has a special mission and it goes well beyond what I am doing and is for an incredible cause.

I was recently asked to do a putter for a foundation that supports a local children's hospital, in a BIG way. The gentleman who contacted me is one of the top pediatricians in the state and also a golfer, LOL. He knew me from another site and was very excited to have me do this club for his silent auction. I was a little more excited, but tried not to let it show, 8) .

Starting with my stock Superstition head, I wanted to create a subtle change, but something that I hadn't already done. When my last run of heads was done, I went back and did some small changes that allowed me to have 1/4" added to the overall width of the putter, mostly in the flange area. I decided to aim for a semi-circular mallet and see what developed. Well, as you can see, I ran out of flange before I made it to semi-circle, but I love the gentle lines and smooth flow that it creates. When mated with the crowned top line and hand-shaped edges at the toe and heel, it just seems to give off a very peaceful air.

The hosel will be a challenge, as I don't want to create any sharp lines or angles. I am leaning towards something I have not done, but will have to do some checking with a friend on the use of one of his machines that I do not have, in-house. I'll keep you posted on how this developes.

As for the name, "Esperanza", it took me some time on that one, as well. The doctor is in charge of a new part of the hospital that deals primarily with pain management in pediatric cases. They are stretching the normal limits of medicine and will be using several methods that go outside normal channels, when it comes to the medical field. While medicated pain management will still be used, they will also be using methods ranging from hypnosis and acupuncture to massage, music, aroma and even pet therapies. Each in their own special way, these integrative techniques help minimize pain, decrease stress and serve as a distraction for ill and injured children. To me, this is what "HOPE" is all about. You see, "Esperanza" translates to "Hope" and there cannot be a more suitable name for the creation of this putter, IMHO.

Let me know what you think of this new look and thanks to all who's support and encouragement has allowed me to continue in this endeavor.

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

2010_10160045.jpg

2010_10160026.jpg

2010_10160029.jpg

2010_10160055.jpg

2010_10160054.jpg

2010_10160053.jpg

2010_10160052.jpg

Cool, that is a good thing your doing Lamont. I like the putter

Callaway razr x tour 5-pw

titleist 585h 24 &21 hybrid

Heavy wedge 52 gap wedge

Nike sv sand and lob wedge

Callaway Diablo Octane tour Driver

Adams F 11 3 wood

Seemore ci2 or Bettinardi studio stock 2

I too like the shape of that head. I also like the texture on the flange area. In fact, I like that A LOT!! :)

•Never argue with an idiot. First, he will drag you down to his level. Then he will beat you with experience!•

Heading to a shop in the morning that has the machinery I need to use to create a new neck look for this little project. I have always done the "Shaft over the hosel" set-up and wanted this one to be something new to MannKrafted. I'll be doing sort of a hand-bent flow neck in which the shaft will set in a cup, possibly with a ferrule. I have always liked the look of the Spalding TPM series that had the Roman numeral designation and the ferrule at the top. I should have some pictures by tomorrow night, possibly all welded up..............

Thanks for the comments and this is going to be one of my best works, yet, and for an even better cause.

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks

Here are some pictures of the new hosel, temporarily anchored for an idea of how she will look, as well as getting it in a position close to what we will be looking at, when it is welded. The closer I can come to 4* loft and 70* lie angle, at this point, will mean the less I have to move it, once the weld is in place.

Just for a note, the nicks and such on the hosel will NOT be there when the putter goes to finish, LOL. They happen during the bending process and I wait until I am ready to head to the welder before I do the next-to-final clean up.

I extended the pin tail, just a bit, also. The stock head has a fairly steep drop at the tail and I like to give the hosel someplace to sit, that you don't see on every putter maker's putters. Keeps my stuff just a little different than every day and I like it that way, :D.

Tell me your thoughts and thanks for taking the time to view my thread.

LaMont in AZ

2010_10260007.jpg

2010_10260006.jpg

2010_10260005.jpg

2010_10260003.jpg

2010_10260013.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

I had a chance to get this one welded up, clean up the weld and neck and do some polishing. I snapped these pictures before the stamping and milling in my 5-dot logo on the heel end of the face. I am leaning towards a straight-forward hot salts black oxide, for the initial finish. After the putter is sold at auction, the winning bidder will have the opportunity to have it customized for specs, as well as personalizing it with stamping if he/she so chooses. If I go with the oxide finish, it will be easily stripped and refinished if there are any scratches that occur during the customization process.

Enjoy the new pictures and comments are always welcomed.

From the preliminary feedback, you may be seeing several of this model being crafted for gentleman who are not the lucky bidders in the auction. If I never saw a single order from this, the cause would be more than worth the effort I have put into this putter.

Thanks for your comments and keep checking back.

LaMont in AZ

2010_11040009.jpg

2010_11040010.jpg

2010_11040011.jpg

2010_11040012.jpg

2010_11040013.jpg

2010_11040014.jpg

2010_11040015.jpg

PS,

I decided to dry-fit a shaft to this rascal and roll some putts....................OMG! I believe that I have my next gamer design on my hands.

Thanks again!

• 2 weeks later...

She is ready for delivery, except for the grip. Here are some shots I took, just this afternoon in natural light.

The fill color was done to match the custom covers that the good doctor had made, just for this event. I will post some pics of them, as well.

Note: this event is scheduled for December 3rd. As of last Monday, every single ticket had sold and they were working their bottoms off to create more seating. This is a $200/ plate function, so to sell out is a sign that the charity is near and dear to a lot of people's hearts.

Thanks for your comments and support of this putter. It was truly a creation that was straight from the heart.

Have an incredible week and comments are always enjoyed.

LaMont in AZ

2010_11150016.jpg

2010_11150020.jpg

2010_11150021.jpg

2010_11150025.jpg

2010_11150029.jpg

Well my new friends, guess what arrived at my office this afternoon. That is correct, the MannKrafted Esperanza model made for the Cardon Children's Medical Center Event benefiting the Integrative Pain Management Program. As as avid TPM collector, this art piece will make a very special addition to any collector's stock. We hope it will bring a large sum on the evening of the event.

If you do not know the Mann behind the donation, then you have not met a truly fabulous individual. His reputation precedes itself here and in other distinguished sites. His family is also second to none.

You will need to order this or another putter to understand the MannKrafted experience. As a 4 handicap, I hope to bring a record amount to the silent auction for this creation. There will be no other putter manufacturer in my very exclusive bag.

Dr. Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I just came back to check on this thread and read the Dr's kind words.

Really can't say how much it means to be a part of this auction and be part of the world of putter crafting. The countdown to the auction is started and we are 7 days out. The second Esperanza is nearing completion and will be a copper-plated version of what you see here. Other than the finish, the only difference will be a little lighter weight and destination.

Can't wait to show pics when the second one is completed.

Thanks to all who have commented and those who simply took the time to check out the pictures and enjoy.

LaMont in AZ

MannKrafted GolfWorks, 100% AZ Milled Putters

Not my personal favorite style putter but the MILLING looks FANTASTIC. I really like the last pic in the first post and the 5th pic in post #8. Just something about the first pic that leaves so much to the amagination for hosel type/placement. Then the latter pic shows what a true craftsman can do with hosel type/placement. Really Quality Work LaMONT!

:)

The Bag:

Right handed

Cobra King FLYZ+ 10.5* w/ Aldila Rogue 125 R 44.5"

Tour Issued TM M2 10.5 w/ Mitsubishi Tensi CK Pro Blue 60S

Tour Issued TM M2 15* w/ GD Tour AD 7S 43"

TM R7 17.5 HFS w/ Tour AD 7S Stiff 42"

Cobra S3 Pro's 4-pw w/ Aldila RIP Tours SLT 115 Reg. 5i 38.5"

Titleist Vokey Proto's

52*,54*,58* all TTDG S-400

TM TP5 X

Scotty Cameron SSS Tiffany 009 350 34.5" or Bettinardi BB1 DASS Proto

GHIN # 5144472

Ladies and Gentlemen, the Esperanza did very well in the auction and the Integrated Pain Management Center for Children had a very successful night.

Here is the only picture I managed to snap of the final card on the putter. The organizers put sort of a "Buy It Now" price on the items, or who knows what this package would have done. The buyer locked this one up while there was still about 1/2 hour left for people to bid and see the items. I was watching as the gentleman who had the next to last bid, wrote in his number. Later, I got the chance to talk with him and he was pretty bummed that he did not wind up with that rascal in his bag. I was gracious enough to offer to make him another for the same amount as he bid, but we'll have to see how that plays out, ;) .

All in all, it was an incredible night that I was very proud to be a part of. Next year, we'll pull out the stops, once again and hopefully have a totally new design to throw their way.

Thanks for the comments,

LaMont in AZ

20101203192434.jpg

Archived