TESTERS WANTED! ×

10 K

revkev

IMG_1065.JPG

So I've known this day would come for the past month and here it is. Post number 10,000 on MGS.

Some have been as simple as “welcome” in the introduction thread. Others have been a bit more profound, but not much.

Some have shared personal stories, (Penny is in the hospital), others were sincere questions, others still a simple congratulatory note for another member's achievement.

I've been blessed to make some very good friends from these forums and consider others of you friends even if we've never met face to face. Someday perhaps - those ice towels were the bomb weren't they Mr Theo. I have fun on the course, trust me.

Some of the guys whom I've played with and got close to have left - Foz, Matt, Barba Jo and I have kept the tradition of an annual round in Florida. Sort of at least.

I finished 2nd in the MGS tour staff contest a number of years back and got a boatload of stuff - the wedges are still in my bag, the putter in the bag of a congregant and irons in the bag of a close friend. The highlight of that one though was going to be fit at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass.

I've tested SCOR wedges, Bridgestone balls, a Bushnell range finder, Precision Pro wrist band, EVNroll putter and now the G400 LST driver. I also won a set of Wilson C 200 irons along the way - very nice.

Golf spy Meyer, Barbajo, T and X have been kind to me and sent me all sorts of goodies - loved that Studio Matrix shaft so much that I games it in my C100 irons. Barbajo had Ernie Els call me on the phone and we didn't even talk about golf.

My favorite thread started was the one about what club to use if someone breaks into your house. The consensus was Sand Iron.

Cheers to everyone here now. It's a great community where we talk about golf and life. We have an amazing group of moderators who will guide us into the future.

Thanks so much to X and T - T you need to write more and stop in on the forums like you used to.

Lachiem!

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Taylor Made Stealth 2 10.5 Diamana S plus 60  Aldila  R flex   - 42.25 inches 

SMT 4 wood bassara R flex, four wood head, 3 wood shaft

Ping G410 7, 9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Srixon ZX5 MK II  5-GW - UST recoil Dart 65 R flex

India 52,56 (60 pending)  UST recoil 75's R flex  

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Awesome stuff rev. Congrats on the post count....but more importantly, thanks for being a shining example of what an MGS member should be.

On top of the post count, you've got some amazing longevity. Don't know if you know but you just passed your 6 year anniversary a few weeks back. 4.6 posts per day for 6 years is as steady as they come. That's a long time and a lot of effort you've put into this community. MyGolfSpy might not be what it is today if it weren't for members like you jumping in at the beginning. You've certainly earned all of the opportunities that have come your way.

Cheers to 10k more?

In my ATumSBM.jpg Pisa, riding on a hXf3ptG.jpg 3.5+

:ping-small: G410+
:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 5W
:cobra-small: King F7 Hy

:ping-small: i500 5-GW
wxW5hk4.jpg Equalizer 56/60
:ping-small: Heppler Ketsch

You might be able to add my name to the list come July as well. I'll just have to rent some clubs.

I would love that - too bad Bayou is rebuilding six fairways but there are lots of other choices here.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

It's our offseason so auditioning candidates - looking for that right mix of low spin long, more spin around the greens - TBD   

Congrats Rev! Always look forward in seeing your posts on a thread. I learned very quickly that there is a good touch of wisdom written within. I gain as much from you guys as I do digging in the dirt. Thanks for being welcoming to us young guys. I hope one day I can join you for round!

Gameday
Vessel Sunday 2.0/ Ogio Silencer
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Dynapwr Carbon | Hzrdus Smoke Black
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w | Evenflow Riptide
Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png FG Tour F5 Hybrid(20,23) | MCA Fubuki

Wilsonlogo20Clemson.png.eee77a65568179cdcfb783c9a3e68f4b.png Staff Model CB 5-PW |  DG 120
:titleist-small: Vokey SM7 (50, 54, 58) | DG 120
bettinardilogo2MGS.png.3b311f05930da73872d3b638ef39f51c.png Studio Stock 15
:titleist-small:-ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

Classic Bag
Jones Collegiate Clemson Stand Bag

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngEye 2 Laminate
:wilson_staff_small: 1973 Staff Dynapower 4-PW

pinglogo_clemson_MGS.png.f64aa10b6e73d4f55a61d78f590addca.pngAnser

:wilson_staff_small: DUO

Congrats on the 10/K!

:srixon-small:  ZX5 MKII LS 8.5

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 3 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 5 wood

:taylormade-small: Stealth 2 plus 19.5 Hybrid 

:srixon-small: ZX5 MKll 5 / AW Dart stiff

:taylormade-small: MG3 black 52 9b 58 12b

:scotty-small:  7.5 Phantom 34”

:srixon-small: Z Star Diamond 2023

attachicon.gifIMG_1065.JPG

So I've known this day would come for the past month and here it is. Post number 10,000 on MGS.

Some have been as simple as “welcome” in the introduction thread. Others have been a bit more profound, but not much.

Some have shared personal stories, (Penny is in the hospital), others were sincere questions, others still a simple congratulatory note for another member's achievement.

I've been blessed to make some very good friends from these forums and consider others of you friends even if we've never met face to face. Someday perhaps - those ice towels were the bomb weren't they Mr Theo. I have fun on the course, trust me.

Some of the guys whom I've played with and got close to have left - Foz, Matt, Barba Jo and I have kept the tradition of an annual round in Florida. Sort of at least.

I finished 2nd in the MGS tour staff contest a number of years back and got a boatload of stuff - the wedges are still in my bag, the putter in the bag of a congregant and irons in the bag of a close friend. The highlight of that one though was going to be fit at the Tour Performance Center at TPC Sawgrass.

I've tested SCOR wedges, Bridgestone balls, a Bushnell range finder, Precision Pro wrist band, EVNroll putter and now the G400 LST driver. I also won a set of Wilson C 200 irons along the way - very nice.

Golf spy Meyer, Barbajo, T and X have been kind to me and sent me all sorts of goodies - loved that Studio Matrix shaft so much that I games it in my C100 irons. Barbajo had Ernie Els call me on the phone and we didn't even talk about golf.

My favorite thread started was the one about what club to use if someone breaks into your house. The consensus was Sand Iron.

Cheers to everyone here now. It's a great community where we talk about golf and life. We have an amazing group of moderators who will guide us into the future.

Thanks so much to X and T - T you need to write more and stop in on the forums like you used to.

Lachiem!

Congrats Rev! What is impressive from my perspective is the thought and effort you have put into every post that I come across. Sure, you welcome people but it isn't the cut and paste 30 welcomes once a week. As a less knowledgeable golfer your responses to my posts have been very much appreciated.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Wedgie

Driver - XXIO X Driver 9.5

:cleveland-small: - Launcher Turbo 2 hybrid

:cobra-small: - F9 One Length 3-L

:EVNROLL: - ER 1.2

Top Flite Gamer

Play Right

That's only 9,441 more than me! Well...now 9,440. Congrats on your memorable achievement!

<p>Knoxville, TN 8 Hdcp PXG 0811  10.59deg loft Ping G25 3 wood Titleist 2i rescue Ping I irons +1 upright Vokey Sm5 52, 56, OdysseyRed 2Ball Fang with 1.0 super stroke</p>

Congrats to my friend RevKev. 10k posts is astronomical. It's off the charts! It's amazing! Where would we be without our Rev? I am so thrilled to know you and your family. I look forward to many more rounds through the years and many, many more posts.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

Congratulations, Rev. As a relatively new member myself, I'm grateful to your example and the wisdom you share with us all.

Here's to another 10,000!

In my :cobra-small: Ultralight Stand Bag:

Driver:    :callaway-small: Rogue 10.5° - LH -  Project X EvenFlow 60 Stiff
Woods:   :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 3/4 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
               :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5/6 Wood - Atmos Blue TS 7 Stiff
Irons:      :cobra-small: King F9 - LH - 5-GW - KBS C-Taper Lite Stiff
Wedges: :cobra-small: King Black - LH - 52° 56° 60° - KBS Hi-Rev 2.0 Stiff
Putter:     :1332069271_TommyArmour: - Impact No. 3
Ball:        Maxfli TourX

Rangefinder: :skycaddie: LX5 Watch

Well done revkev. I'd think there wouldn't be any poster on any forum with 10,000 posts that would come close to the quality of your 10,000. 

Keep up the great work, hope I get to play with you some day.

:Sub70:  849 Pro Evenflow Riptide 6.0
:cobra-small: F8 3 & 5 Woods Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0

:titelist-small: TS2 7 Wood Project X Evenflow Blue 6.0
:mizuno-small:  MP18 MMC - Project X LZ 5.5
:cleveland-small: Zipcore Wedges 50,54,58 - Project X LZ 5.5
MLA Tour Mallet 33"
:srixon-small:  Z Star
:ping-small: Pioneer bag
:Clicgear: buggy

Congrats on 10k

Driver: PXG 0811 X+ Proto w/UST Helium 5F4

Wood: TaylorMade M5 5W w/Accra TZ5 +1/2”, TaylorMade Sim 3W w/Aldila rogue white

Hybrid: PXG Gen2 22* w/AD hybrid

Irons: PXG Gen3 0311T w/Nippon modus 120

Wedges: TaylorMade MG2 50*, Tiger grind 56/60

Putter: Scotty Caemeron Super Rat1

Ball: Titleist Prov1

RevKev you are the cornerstone for this golf forum!  I love reading your stories and listening to your wisdom.  One of these days I hope to make it to Florida and stick a peg in the ground with ya.   Congrats on your first 10K and I look forward to reading the next 10K!

Ping G430 Max Driver 10.5 Degree
Titleist TSR1 4, 5, & 6 Hybrids 
Titleist T350 Irons 7 - W48 
Cleveland
CBX ZipCore  52 56 & 60 Degree Wedges

LAB Mezz Max Broomstick Putter / TPT Shaft  (Platinum @ 45/78)

Congratulations Rev! Quite an accomplishment, especially given the quality of your posts.

What's in the bag:
Driver - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Wood (13.5*) - :titleist-small: 980F 
4 Wood (18*) - :cobra-small: F8 - Aldila NV Blue 60 ( S )
3 Hybrid (19*) - :taylormade-small: RBZ
4i - PW - :wilson_staff_small: D7 Forged - Recoil 760 ( S )
52* - :cleveland-small: CBX
58* - :cleveland-small: CBX Full Face 2
Putter - :ping-small: Craz-e
Bag - :1590477705_SunMountain: 2.5 (Blue)
Ball -  :titleist-small: AVX
Instagram - @hardcorelooper
Twitter - @meovino
Facebook - mike.eovino

Congrats on running a 10K!!  Oh wait a minute... posts!!  Congratulations on #10,000!!  It's quite an accomplishment.  I hope I will be reading many more!  Always enjoyable.

We don’t stop playing the game because we get old; we get old because we stop playing the game.”

10k post!! Are you mortal? Didn't you have several sermons and events last week? How in the world do you have time to balance your time? I definitely need to take lessons from you. Thank you for your contribution.

CobraConnectChallenge3

Wow, that's huge. You've been here a long time and have certainly contributed a lot to the forum. Here's to the next 10K!

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Congratulations Rev, 10K posts is quite an accomplishment, I thank you for what wisdom you bring to MGS and here's to the next 10K

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Congratulations Rev, here's to the next 10k

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

Well done Rev!! That's alotta MGS involvement. Thank you for your time, and dedication, it is much appreciated

What's in my  :cleveland-small: bag:

Driver :  :cobra-small: F9 10.5, Fujikura Speeder 757 TR 

Fairway  :cobra-small: F9 15.5° Aldila Rogue White 80X

Hybrid:  :cobra-small: King F7 18° KBS Tour PROTO Hybrid 95 S+

Irons:   :srixon-small: z585 4i - 6i,  z785 7i-PW, Nippon Modus 120X

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX  50.11, 55.11, 60.10  TT DG S400 Black

Putter:  post-53756-150768041262.jpg Honey Badger 34" 

Ball:  :srixon-small: Q-Star Tour

10k post!! Are you mortal? Didn't you have several sermons and events last week? How in the world do you have time to balance your time? I definitely need to take lessons from you. Thank you for your contribution.

It means I'm in front of a computer a lot - when I'm writing no one is bothering me.

Evon roll ER 5 32 inches

Congratulations on hitting 10k!!

MDGolfHacker

TSssWhat's In This Lefty's Bag?

Driver: :titleist-small: TSR2 11° Project X HZRDUS Black 4G 60g 5.5 Flex

Fairway Woods: :cobra-small: F8 3W Project X Even Flow Blue 75g shaft

Fairway Woods: 

Hybrid: :titelist-small: TSR2  18° Graphite Design Tour AD DI-85 Shaft

Irons: :titelist-small: 2021 T200's 4-GW AMT RED shafts Regular Flex

Wedge: :cleveland-small: Tour Satin RTX 4 Wedges in 52° and 56° 2 Dot

Putter: :nevercompromise-small: Gray Matter TDP 2.2 32.75"

Bag: :1590477705_SunMountain: Three 5

Ball:  :titelist-small:  PRO V1 / :srixon-small: Z*Star

RangeFinder:918457628_PrecisionPro: In search of new range finder

Social Media:

Facebook:   MD Golfhacker
Twitter:        @mdgolfhacker
Instagram:   mdgolfhacker

Congratulations on 10k!

Driver: Callaway Rogue 9*

FW: Sub 70 Pro 4 wood

Hybrid: Sub 70 949 Hybrid 19*

Irons:  Sub 70 

659 CB 4 - 6 Black

639 MB 7 - PW

Wedges: Sub 70

JB - 50* 54* & 60*

Putter: Odyssey White Hot #2
Ball: Titleist Pro-V1x
Handicap index:  +3.9

Instagram: joshandersongolf

Twitter: @jacustomgolf

Congratulations Kev! Love reading your posts as they're, to me, very well thought out and come from inside.

Plus, I thank you for your friendship, personal advice, generosity and hospitality.

Love you mate.

PS: There seems to be a lot of dust in my office at the moment.  :D

In the bag:
Driver: :titelist-small: TSR2 Project X HZRDUS Black 5.5
Fairway: :callaway-small: Apex UW 19° & 21° Project X HZRDUS Smoke RDX Black 5.5

Irons: :mizuno-small: JPX 923 HMP 5-PW UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Wedges: :mizuno-small: T-22 Denim Copper 48°, 52° & 56° UST Mamiya Recoil 95 F4
Putter :Sub70: Sycamore 005 Wide Blade
Bag: 
:Ogio: Alpha Convoy 514
Balls: :callaway-small: Chrome Soft X

Cart: :CaddyTek: CaddyLite ONE Ver. 8

God Bless America🇺🇸, God save the King🇬🇧, God defend New Zealand🇳🇿 and thank Christ for Australia🇦🇺!

10 thousand posts...that is beyond comprehension.

As Verne Lundquist so eloquently said in 2005 at the Masters....

“Here it comes … Oh, my goodness! … OH, WOW! IN YOUR LIFE, have you seen anything like that?!” â€“ CBS's Verne Lundquist's famous call of Tiger Woods' chip-in on the 16th hole.

You've shared your life, wisdom, tips, and sundry sorts of things with us for the last 6 years over TEN THOUSAND TIMES and we are all the better for it.  

You are the cornerstone of the Mt. Rushmore of the MGS forum members.

From the bottom to the top, toes to the nose - thanks Rev....looking forward to another 10k!

DriverCobra  Aerojet LS
Woods-
Cobra  LTD 3w 15*, 5W 19*,  F9 24* 
Irons- XXIO X (6-A)

Wedges- Callaway Jaws Raw (54/58)

Putter- Bettinardi BB56
Ball- Maxfli Tour X/Wilson Triad
Buggy- Clicgear 4.0
Bag- Callaway Org 14/Fairway C

Congrats Rev!

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Here's to ya Rev! Congratulations on this huge milestone! I like others here really enjoy your honesty, integrity and down-to-earth candor. Though I've only been a member since about November of last year, I noticed right away that "Revkev" was one to follow for solid content and advice-even if that advice is to others beside myself, it certainly makes for good reading and is always rock solid and spot-on. The sheer amount of time you've contributed just to this site alone is absolutely phenomenal, let alone the time you need for family, the Church and perhaps even some golf! It always amazes me and I have the utmost respect for you!

God bless you Rev, and I'll be looking forward to seeing post # 20k!!!

Cheers!

Robert in Idaho

In my       :ping-small: DLX Cart Bag:
Driver
:    :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 9.5*, Mitsubishi Tensei CK Orange 60, stiff (MGS Official 2019 Tester)
3W:          :ping-small: G-Series SF TEC, set to 16*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
5W:          :ping-small: G400 SFT, set to 19*, Aldila Tour Blue ATX, 65g, stiff
7W:         :ping-small: G410 SFT, set to 22*. Alta CB 65 Red, stiff

Irons:       :ping-small: GMax, Green Dot, 5-PW, Project X Graphite Blue 6.0, 80-90g , stiff
Wedges: :ping-small: Glide 2.0 Stealth, 50* SS, 54* ES & 60*/8 Forged MGS Special from the Wedge Wizard, Green Dot, Alta CB graphite, 84g, stiff
Putter:     :ping-small: Vault 2.0 B60 Copper, 33", black dot w/GP SNSR grip (PING Sigma 2 Fetch under "see-trials")
Ball:       :Snell: MTB BLACK (MGS Official 2018 Tester for the :Snell: MTB RED)
Shoes:     :footjoy-small:  Classics Tour w/Black Widow Softspikes

Disabled Marine Veteran. Semper Fi!

#No apologies, just Play Your Best
#Powertotheplayers

And the first to break the 10K Mark!

What can I say that others haven't already.  From my very first month on MGS you were a big influence.  We were part of the same Precision Pro testing and I had only been here a couple weeks, but you were very helpful in giving some hints on how to handle the testing.     It was greatly appreciated.

I think what everyone appreciates most about your posts, is they are always very well thought out.  Sure you say you may have a quick welcome to a new member, but when you weigh in on a thread regardless of the topic, your posts are always very well thought out and well presented.    I seem to always take away something of value from your posts.   

The time and commitment you give to MGS is so much appreciated by the members.  We all know you have overwhelming responsibilities day to day, with Penny and your congregation, but the fact you still find time to be such a positive influence here is something I know I don't take lightly.

Here's to you RevKev!   

:ping-small: G430 Max 10K 

:titelist-small: TSiR1 15.0 Aldlia Ascent 60g

:titelist-small: TSR2 18.0 PX Aldila Ascent 6og

:titelist-small: TSi1 20 Aldila Ascent Shafts R

:titelist-small: T350 5-GW SteelFiber I80 

:titelist-small: SM10 48F/54M and58K

:ping-small: S159 48S/52S/56W/60B

:scotty-cameron-1: Select 5.5 Flowback 35" 

:titelist-small: ProV1  Play number 12

Archived