TESTERS WANTED! ×

Looking to buy a new putter in the near future, please comment

PutterLove1992

A proper fitting goes a long way. I'd invest in that alongside a putter that has a great feel to you in the hands. That feeling every time can translate on to the course.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Papa-Bear was Here. 

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What does "let's take a stealth and make your putter a 1 of 1 " mean ?

Ping did a run of Stealth Olso's before the Vault 2.0's came out.  They were all 100% blacked out, so we drew up a design sent the putter back to have it customized.  Ping added in the white paint fill in the pictures and it flattened 1*.  We also put a black and white SuperStroke grip on it with a black leather putter cover with white lines across.  There's not another Oslo out there that looks like mine.

Driver: Callaway Rogue ST Max
3 Wood: Taylormade SIM
3 Utility Iron: Srixon U85
4i – 5i: Taylormade P790
6i – AW: Taylormade P770
SW: Taylormade MG3 TW Grind
LW: Taylormade Hi-Toe 3 Low Bounce
Putter: PXG Battle Ready One & Done

Do not buy off the rack without rolling them.

I had this idea in my head about a certain putter being great for me last season. It was an S neck and boy was it cool.

Yeah, well Cool is hitting everything off the heel. Saved myself nearly $250.

Put them in your hands then treat yourself!

• Titleist TSi3 Fujikura Speeder NX Blue 60X
  • TaylorMade SIM2 3 wood Fujilkura Ventus Blue 7-X
  • Titleist U505 2 Tensei 1K Black 85 X
  • Titleist T100 4-P Nippon Modus 3 120X
  • PING S159 50-S 55-H 59-T DG X100
  • Vokey SM8 50, SM9 54 & 60  Nippon Modus 3 120s
  • L.A.B. MEZZ Max Broom Accra 47" 79.5*
  • Srixon Z-Star XV 

Currently testing the 2024 PING S159 wedges…

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/63483-testers-announced-ping-s159-wedges/

Was testing, still loving the 2023 Titleist T100 Irons 4-P

https://forum.mygolfspy.com/topic/60456-titleist-t-series-irons-2023-forum-review/

Get Fit First! Go to club champion or someplace like that and get a professional fitting. Then, based on that, go buy the putter of your dreams....

I finally got fit yesterday and it changed my whole outlook on putting.

Find out if your a radial or linear putter, where you strike the ball, your stroke path, your angle of impact, grip weighting, MOI, etc. Its really eye opening....

Good Luck and Happy Shopping!!

Watch the TXG video about putter fitting if you are hesitant to get a putter fitting. Whichever method is used it will be handy knowledge in your quest.

If you are planning on purchasing a more expensive putter do it right and go full custom so its one of a kind and has more value to you than just another one off the rack. Finish, stamping, weight, head shape, neck style, milling pattern and materials and everything. I would suggest checking out MannKrafted, Tyson Lamb, Gene Nead, Xenon, Machine Putters, Bradley Putters, Raybon Putters and Lajosi. All produce great work with great craftsmanship and customization. If your wanting a great performer that is more expensive get fit for an Evnroll and then get it customized by someone like Labworx, NorCal Putters or Golf Garage.

*:taylormade-small: Staff Professional*

Driver:  :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (7.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Black 6X Tipped 1" 

3 Wood: :taylormade-small: Stealth Plus+ (14.25*) - Fujikura Ventus Blue 7x Tipped 1"

Driving Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 UDI 2 iron - HZRDUS Smoke Black RDX 100 6.5

4 Iron: :taylormade-small: P790 - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (5-7) :taylormade-small: P7MC - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Irons (8-P) :taylormade-small: P7MB - KBS C-Taper 130 X

Wedges: :taylormade-small: MG3 Black 50.09 / 55.11 - KBS TOUR FLT 130 X

60* Wedge: :taylormade-small: High Toe Raw - KBS Tour 130 X

Putter: 5WoCG8Y.jpg Custom Black ER2 or Custom Black :taylormade-small: Del Monte

Bag:  :taylormade-small: FlexTech Stand Bag

Glove:  :taylormade-small: Tour Preferred Glove

Ball: :taylormade-small: TP5X #11

RangeFinder: :918457628_PrecisionPro: R1 Smart Rangefinder

Instagram: @dpattgolf

Thanks everyone for the feed back but I am buying a Cure . I have bills ect. Maybe in a few years ill treat myself!

MIZUNO MX 23 (3-PW)

CLEVELAND CG15 ZipGroove Wedges

TOMMY ARMOUR IMPACT SERIES NO.1 PUTTER

ALWAYS LOOKING TO TRADE OR BUY CLUBS ESPECIALLY PUTTERS!!

Email - Briranney927@gmail.com or private message me anytime

MY GOLF SPY #1 FORUM

Being as it appears you've gone through a few putters, buying and selling faster than a high school boy switching girlfriends, I'm curious why you'd even consider yourself a candidate for one of the high-rent putters?

I mean I get it, you want to treat yourself - but at the rate you go through putters it just sounds like a huge waste of money, instead of a little waste of money as is your past/current habit.

Now I'll admit that I'm a bit anti-SC, purely because their popularity grew out of Tiger's success - and then it turned into a weird status symbol sort of obsession with many, including headcovers that also cost too much.

As others have mentioned here, if you're going to spend that kind of money at least do yourself the favor and get properly fit for whatever brand you decide on. Otherwise you more than likely will find yourself disappointed with your purchase and you'll ditch it to for another flavor-of-the-week.

Good luck in your search.

I really had to intentions of buying a Scotty Cameron for the head cover , haha!! I was going to buy an expensive putter so I won't sell it. But I figured I'm not splurging yet I'll wait some years I'm buying a Cure very nice and affordable

Sent from my STV100-2 using Tapatalk

MIZUNO MX 23 (3-PW)

CLEVELAND CG15 ZipGroove Wedges

TOMMY ARMOUR IMPACT SERIES NO.1 PUTTER

ALWAYS LOOKING TO TRADE OR BUY CLUBS ESPECIALLY PUTTERS!!

Email - Briranney927@gmail.com or private message me anytime

MY GOLF SPY #1 FORUM

Get fit for an Evnroll or a ketsch maybe, then send it off to one of the good custom shops- you'll have a 1-of-1...

WITB: 

Adams 9064LS 9.5* (until I cracked the face)

Adams Super LS 17*

Adams XTD Ti 23*

Wilson Staff Ci7 4-PW

Adams wedges: 52/7 56/13 60/7

Wilson Staff Infinite Southside putter/Odyssey DualForce 660 putter

Have one made just for you. I'd recommend Mannkrafted or Byron Morgan

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

• 2 months later...

I owned a Bett......was a beautiful putter, I was in the process of changing putting styles (arm lock), tried the style for almost 2 years. Went back to conventional length putter. Went with the the Cleveland Huntington Beach 1. Cost me one C note not 4 or more. Only limited experience I've had with a Scotty is my son has one, and changed to an Evnroll. He likes the Evnroll better. I would go  with a Bett.

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler

Driver   :bridgestone-small:     JGR 9.5 R Flex Adila 65        

3 Wood  :callaway-logo-1:            XR RFlex Fujikura Evolution

5 Wood :callaway-logo-1:            XR R Flex Project X 5.5                                     

7Wood  :adams-small:    Speedline LP R Flex Matix HD Radix 5.1                                                                                                           Irons      :bridgestone-small:   4 thru A Wedge  J-15 CB R Flex NS Pro                                                                                                             Wedges :cleveland-small:              56 CG 15                                                                                                                                                                           XE!                      65                                                                                                                                                                       Putter      :EVNROLL:         ER 5  Hatchback                                                                                                                                                Ball          :titelist-small:                 NXT Tour S                                                                                                                                      

• 3 weeks later...

Loving the EVNROLL ER5 hatchback.  Had been a Taylormade putter guy for as far back as I can remember (Nubbins-->Corza Ghost-->Spider).    Can't imagine going back.   (As a LH, don't have all the same choices as everyone else)

Hello my fellow spys and friends, I plan on treating myself to a Scotty, Bettinardi or something that is a bit more expensive than I'd ever imagine spending I'm only 25 so I really shouldn't buy one with other priorities but I want to save up and purchase something nice... anyone with either kind of putter or something else please give me any feedback you can and some info on the brands. I know I use my putter probably more than any other club so it's my favorite...

Thanks my friends and hope to hear good things!

I hope I'm not to late, but I'm assuming I am since the initial post was in May.  I would strong suggest an Edel Torque balanced putter.  Their fitting system seems to be second to none.  Your eyes may be misleading you on where you think your putt is going to go.  Give the fitting system a try and I bet you'll be sold.  It's a little pricey, but it's something you could keep in your bag for 20 years easily.  I plan on it.  Sorry if people get tired of my Edel love fest.  

Driver:  :ping-small:   G410 LST, 10.5 *. Even Flow 70G  X-Stiff .5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

FW Wood:  Titleist  3, 15*, DIamana 70G Stiff ; 5 extended, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Hybrid:  :taylormade-small:Sim Max 19* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

:taylormade-small: Sim Max 22* Ventus Stiff Shaft, Golf Pride MCC Align Grip

Irons:  :taylormade-small: PSI 5-PW C-Taper 130 X-stiff  

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: RTX-3, 52-56-60*                  

Putter:  :edel-golf-1:  34 Inch E-1 with Pixel insert.  

Golf Ball:     :taylormade-small: TP5

I could never find a head shape or design that I liked from Bettinardi, so I've kinda stuck Scotty's. Both are high end and high priced so choose one that you feel comfortable putting with and fits your putting style.

#PowerToThePlayer

WITB:

Driver:   :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max w/ Fujikura Motore X F3 shaft

FW Wood:   :cobra-small:  F9 wood 14.5* 

Hybrids:  :taylormade-small: Sim2 Max 3 Hybrid & :nike-small: Vapor Flex 4 hybrid  

Irons:  :srixon-small: Z565 - 7 thru PW & ZU85 - 5 thru 6 with Recoil ZT9 F4 shafts                                            

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: RTX4 52*, 56*, 60* 

Putter:  Scotty Cameron M2 Newport

Ball:  :Snell: Black & :titelist-small: Pro V1

Bag: 2018 MyGolfSpy stand Bag & 2021 Greenside Golf stand bag

My evnroll ER3 took a little getting used to after my Tommy armore (quite nice)

But the last few games I'm finding that I'm getting a LOT of putts very close on distance, and actually starting to get some to drop.

It's just such a clean and simple, yet quality piece from top to bottom.

:titleist-small: TSr2 on tensi blue stiff

:cobra-small: Speedzone 3-wood on Tensi blue S

:callaway-logo-1: Epic Max 5 and 7 woods on HZRDUS  Reg flex

:callaway-logo-1: Paradym 9 wood on HZRDUS reg flex

:taylormade-small: P770 / P790 combo set on Ventus R-6 shafts 6-AW

:mizuno-small:  T22 Denim Copper 54°, 58° on Kinetic X Trajectory 

:EVNROLL: ER3 or,

:edel-golf-1: E.A.S. #4   (“Fang” or “Adele”)

:titelist-small: ProV1x, or, Maxfli Tour X

:callaway-small: .Org 14 cart bag

Adidas Tour 360 , or Sketcher shoes

Bought a Scotty about two years ago and have loved it since day one. I played an Odyssey mallet before that and the Scotty has a softer feel when you strike the ball which I like. My advice is to go out and handle them if you can before purchasing. Putters are one of those things that just have to feel right in your hands.

IMAG1021.jpg

• 5 weeks later...

I have one Scotty, several Pings of various designs, a couple of Odysseys a Lotus and a PCB.  Some milled, some not.  The Scotty is a Studio Select Newport 2.6 and it is the go to stick in my bag.  I love a couple of the others too, but the Scotty rolls that ball just the way that I want it to.

M2 Driver Fujikura Regular Flex

Mizuno 921 Tour Irons-- Titleist Wedges

A new Sik Armlock putter

My advice would be to spend your money getting fit first and then pick the stick that fits your stroke. Search Cool Clubs, Club Champion, or True Spec to see if any of them are in your area. They all offer a tour level fitting experience and will have all the top putter brands for you to try.  

• 1 month later...

Check out the Bobby Grace putters you will love the immediate roll they put on the ball. 

Driver-Sub70 849D

3 wood-Sub70 939X

5 wood-Callaway Rogue

4 hybrid-Tour Edge EXS 220

irons-Sub70 699 V2 irons

wedges-Sub70 JB wedges, 50, 54, 58

putter-Sub 70 FN 001 with Evenroll Gravity Grip

Ball-OnCore Elixir

On 5/29/2018 at 8:40 PM, PutterLove1992 said:

Hello my fellow spys and friends, I plan on treating myself to a Scotty, Bettinardi or something that is a bit more expensive than I'd ever imagine spending I'm only 25 so I really shouldn't buy one with other priorities but I want to save up and purchase something nice... anyone with either kind of putter or something else please give me any feedback you can and some info on the brands. I know I use my putter probably more than any other club so it's my favorite...

Thanks my friends and hope to hear good things!

Try not to lock yourself into a choice before you try or test multiple options. The Scotty or Bettinardi or whatever brand name doesn't make it a better putter FOR  YOU only an expensive putter. I totally agree, the putter is the club in the bag that gets used the most, so it is worth the extra investment. 

Take a look at the current and past putter reviews here on MGS. There is lots of good feedback on some brands that may not quite be in your crosshairs. Evnroll and Odyssey EXO come to mind right away. 

Another thing to consider when pricing, is keep some set aside for proper fitting. It would do little good to zero in on the Scotty for brand prestige and quality, only to choose a model that doesn't fit your stroke/style of putting.

Driver:  :PXG: 311XF Gen5, Tensei CK Pro Orange, S flex

Fariway:  :PXG: 311XF Gen6 3-Wood, Tensei Blue 55g R flex

Hybrid:   :PXG: 211, 3H Project X Evenflow H, 80g, 5.5

:titleist-small: TSR2 4H, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester)

Irons:  :titleist-small: T200 2023, Tensei Blue R (Forum Tester), 5-GW

Wedges:   :cleveland-small: CBX2 Zipcore  52*, 56* Project X Catalyst Spinner Graphite Shaft

Putter: :EVNROLL: ER2 Murdered Out

11 hours ago, tschott said:

Check out the Bobby Grace putters you will love the immediate roll they put on the ball. 

+1 For Bobby Grace.  I "stole" a near new 18 Blade off eBay a month ago.  I played a custom fitted (short length, flat lie, heavy weight, grip) Evnroll ER3 all last season - and loved it - and the stock unfitted Grace puts it to shame.  No joke.  Yes, makes me wonder about the fitting, but I know the fitter well and it was legit. 

+1 For Bobby Grace.  I "stole" a near new 18 Blade off eBay a month ago.  I played a custom fitted (short length, flat lie, heavy weight, grip) Evnroll ER3 all last season - and loved it - and the stock unfitted Grace puts it to shame.  No joke.  Yes, makes me wonder about the fitting, but I know the fitter well and it was legit. 

I have nothing against Bobby grace putters, just a bit expensive if bought directly and not from the secondary market. He has had speed control inserts for a long time and they seem to work.

When you were fitted was it specifically for an Evnroll or was it for a putter in general? What was the process? What specs are the grace? The 18 blade is very toe down compared to most Evnroll putters so it may be a better fit for your stroke. Wonder how the grace would compare to the 8.3 that is going to be release next year.

Driver:  :ping-small: G400 Max 9* w/ KBS Tour Driven
Fairway: :titelist-small: TS3 15*  w/Project X Hzardous Smoke
Hybrids:  :titelist-small: 915H 21* w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype
                :titelist-small: 915H  24*  w/KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype        
Irons:      :honma:TR20V 6-11 w/Vizard TR20-85 Graphite
Wedge:  :titleist-small: 54/12D, 60/8M w/:Accra iWedge 90 Graphite
Putter:   :taylormade-small:TM-180

Testing:   SPGC_logo.jpg

Backups:  :odyssey-small: Milled Collection RSX 2, :seemore-small: mFGP2, :cameron-small: Futura 5W

Member:  MGS Hitsquad since 2017697979773_DSCN2368(Custom).JPG.a1a25f5e430d9eebae93c5d652cbd4b9.JPG

Save your money for lessons and purchase the new Cleveland Huntington Beach SOFT. Terrific double milled putter that is under $130!

Image1542649497.455248.jpg

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Driver: image.png.6ba1c8a254ad57aa05e527b74c2e04ba.png0311 XF 10.5* w/Project X Cypher 40 gram Senior shaft or 0811 XF 12* w/Evenflo Riptide CB Senior shaft

Fairways:  image.png.80321f01fc46450b6f428c7daf7b3471.png0211 5W & 7W w/ Evenflo Riptide CB  regular shaft and Tour Edge E521 9W w/Fubuki HD50 regular shaft

Hybrid: None in bag at the moment

IronsTitleist T300 5-PW w/Fubuki MV Senior graphite shafts w/Golf Pride Tour

Wedges: Edison forged 49*, 53* and 57* wedges with KB PGI Senior shafts(80 grm).

Putter: 33” Evnroll ER6R or  ER2 or Bellum Winmore Model 707,   or Nike Method Core Drone  w/Evnroll Gravity Grip

Bag: Vice cart bag(Black/Lime). 

Ball: Snell MTB Prime X, Maxfli Tour/S/X CG, Titleist Pro V1x or Titleist TruFeel

Using Shot Scope X5 and Pinned Rangefinder

SeeMore isn't in the class of "high-end putters", but one can certainly find ones on their site that are $350 or more. After sending in my videos, and having those guys do a virtual fitting for me, I highly recommend them, and their putters. My speed control is SO much better since switching to the Si2. It has an insert that makes it feel a lot less hard than most other SeeMores, which was the prerequisite to getting one of their putters. Anyway, if you're actually going to play one that you buy, I recommend their fitting advice, and putter performance!

Driver: Ping G430 Max 9*, Ping Tour 70X

Fairway: Ping G425 15*, Ping Tour 70X

Hybrid: Ping G425 22*, Ping Tour 80X

Irons:  Ping i230 4-GW, TT DG X100

Wedges: :edel-golf-1: SMS 50D/54V/58D:Nippon:Modus 130 stiff, +1”

Putter:  :edel-golf-1: EAS 1.0

Ball: Titleist 2023 AVX

SeeMore isn't in the class of "high-end putters", but one can certainly find ones on their site that are $350 or more. After sending in my videos, and having those guys do a virtual fitting for me, I highly recommend them, and their putters. My speed control is SO much better since switching to the Si2. It has an insert that makes it feel a lot less hard than most other SeeMores, which was the prerequisite to getting one of their putters. Anyway, if you're actually going to play one that you buy, I recommend their fitting advice, and putter performance!

Great advice and the last piece to the puzzle is practice. I believe engineering and technology can certainly set the conditions for improvement but if one doesn’t put in the work their gains will be marginal and performance inconsistent. Still that’s some great advice Pmookie. Thanks for the heads up.

Miura MB 502 Irons

ping G400 Driver

Cobra F7 3 wood

Mizuno putter

Mizuno Wedges. 

On 11/19/2018 at 10:07 AM, cnosil said:

I have nothing against Bobby grace putters, just a bit expensive if bought directly and not from the secondary market. He has had speed control inserts for a long time and they seem to work.

When you were fitted was it specifically for an Evnroll or was it for a putter in general? What was the process? What specs are the grace? The 18 blade is very toe down compared to most Evnroll putters so it may be a better fit for your stroke. Wonder how the grace would compare to the 8.3 that is going to be release next year.

I tried out the Evnroll ER2 and ER3 and settled on the 3.  Took it to my clubmaker - Top 100 guy - and went through a lengthy process of dialing it in.  Correct that it has less toe hang than the Grace.  I think the Er3 is 30 degrees down and the Grace 18 Blade must be about 75 degrees +/-.  I do suspect that more hang does fit my stroke better.  I did see the new Evnroll models they are releasing and wondered myself whether their new heel shafted mid mallet would be a winner, but got the Grace and just love it to death - looks great and the insert feel so solid.  I don't have exact specs on the Grace, but the major difference is the lie angle and I'm choking down on it a bit to mimic the length I chopped off the ER3.  I had the Evnroll flattened to 67 degrees and I suspect the Grace is a standard 71ish.  I have long arms and shortening and flattening the ER3 works well, but standing a bit more upright with the club head a bit closer feels less "fitted" and more nautral.

I used to dismiss Scotty Cameron and Bettinardi putters as overpriced bag decor, but then I demoed a Scotty (every time I went to the course for an entire month) that worked exceptionally well for me and made the decision to buy it. Couldn't imagine doing anything different now. That club will stay in my bag for a very long time unless my putting takes a considerable nose dive so it's easily worth the investment for me unlike a driver or wedges which are probably the most frequently replaced clubs. That said, MGS has done extensive testing on Evnroll putters and the technology is dead simple/logical. If I had any available to demo, I'd at least consider testing them against my Scotty. Whatever you choose, make sure it's proven to work for you out on the course (if at all possible to test on the course) and disregard anyone else's opinion on the matter. It's your game, play what you want and more importantly, what works!

Driver: :mizuno-small: ST190 9.5* Fujikura Atmos Blue 5S
Fairway Wood: :mizuno-small: ST190 15* Fujikura Atmos Blue 6S
Hybrid: :mizuno-small: CLK 17* Fujikura Speeder EVO HB
Irons: :bridgestone-small: J40 CB (3-PW) Dynamic Gold Tour Issue X100
Wedges: :taylormade-small: Milled Grind 2 54* & 58* Dynamic Gold S200
Putter: :odyssey-small: Tri-Hot 5k Two 34"
Bag: :titleist-small: Players 5 Stand Bag
Ball: Maxfli Tour

IMHO and this is bottom line straight at you. Does not matter the brand or cost. Find a putter that feels good and looks good to you. You get those 2 things going then you have confidence. I have seen guys putt good with a $500 Scotty or Betti and I have seen guys putt good with a beat to crap Bulls Eye out of the $5 barrell. 

Driver ---- Callaway Big Bertha Alpha  Speeder 565 R flex- 5W TM V-Steel Fubuki 60r--- 7W TM V-Steel UST Pro Force Gold 65R----- 9 W TM V Steel TM MAS stiff---- Irons 2015 TM TP CB Steel Fiber 95 R--- GW Callaway Mack Daddy 2 52* shaft unknown junk pile refugee. SW Callaway PM Grind 56*  Modified sole grind--- KBS Tour Wedge-- LW Vokey 58* SM5 L grind--- Putter Ping B90I Broom Stick 

G

Archived