Testers Wanted! AutoFlex Dream 7 Driver Shafts ×

RTJ Silver Lakes

odom730

I've got my annual golf trip planned for Robert Trent Jones Silver Lakes in Gadsden, AL later this year. I was wondering if you anyone had played there and had some opinions.

I've previously played some other RTJ sites including Oxmoor Valley, Capitol Hill, and Cambrian Ridge. Are there any similarities to any of those? Thanks.

Okish golfer

• 1 month later...

I just now saw this post and I don't know if you've already played Silver Lakes or not.  I will tell you the original design was built in a fairly wooded area.  A few years ago a tornado came through and cleared hundreds/thousands of trees out. This has change the personality of the course a lot.  The wind is a major factor.

The greens are typical RTJ, very large with with tiers (tears flow often) dividing the mass into zone. Hitting to the middle of the green is a penalty.  You've got to shoot towards the pin.  Don't worry, there will be plenty of area around the flag. 

Also, the rough around the green is tight so an errant shot will roll off and down the slopes of the elevated greens. 

If you're coming here, I would strongly suggest playing FarmLinks in Sylacauga. Check it out and put it on your bucket list. (my profile pic is the 17th at the Farm)

Good luck at Silver Lakes.  

Archived