RoverRick

Rover Rick II: Return of the Bard

I'm sure you'll get back to shape in no time

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

Welcome back in! I can definitely empathize with you on the bad wing problem. A few years back I had to have my right shoulder completely rebuilt and my swing hasn't been the same since. I've learned how to overcome the loss of distance by taking some lessons and knowing now how not to take such a deep downswing. It's been frustrating to say the least as I reinjured the same shoulder about a year ago. Back to fun and games again.

I wasn't in the forums when you left, but am already loving your style and can't wait to hear more from you.  Welcome back, and I hope the recovery is speedy and successful. 

No, I was by myself. It was a par 5, missed the fairway right, I was laying up back in the fairway, and hit farther right, dropped to hit 4, still had to lay up in the fairway. missed the green left for 5, duffed my pitch for 6, then made a 50 foot putt with 4 feet of break for a 7.

The next hole was a par 3 over water and hit it so far right I missed the lake. Then pulled my next shot so far left it went into the lake. Two putted from the drop for another double.

Then hit my driver into the woods on the next tee shot, but kicked back into the fairway.

It was at this point I decided to try The Four Magic Moves (4MM). I had nothing to lose at this point.

Suddenly, I was hitting it high and straight. I ended up with a 42 I think, primarily because of the putter. Those next 7 holes were the best I've played since my return.

My  wedge game is finally coming around.

Well done with the flat stick.  Making that 50 footer will take the sting out of a double.   Well played to save the round!

Welcome back Rick, your break started about the time I joined here, pure coincidence I hope. I've read a fair bit of your earlier stuff, glad to see you back here and back playing.

Welcome back.  I have a great deal of respect for all you guys who made this place what it is.  I'm looking forward to reading some very pithy comments from the resident Bard.

It's about time Rick. I missed your insightfully intuitive posts. Glad your back. I'm sure your game will come around.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 1

Welcome back. The journey back to scratch begins again.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

Welcome back to the forum

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Welcome back Rick, your break started about the time I joined here, pure coincidence I hope. 

Nope, it's all your fault mate.  :P

• Like 1

Welcome back Rick!!  And a belated Happy Birthday!!  If I remember correctly, we have the same day in May in common, but I have a few more years on you.

I'm glad to see that you are getting back into the game.  Take it easy, don't put stress on those unused golf muscles!  A friend of mine cracked his ribs several years ago, and for quite awhile he only could chip and putt.  He was immensely better at both when he healed.  

• Like 1

Nope, it's all your fault mate.  :P

I was just being polite and not going to point that out.

• Like 2

Welcome back Rick!!  And a belated Happy Birthday!!  If I remember correctly, we have the same day in May in common, but I have a few more years on you.

I'm glad to see that you are getting back into the game.  Take it easy, don't put stress on those unused golf muscles!  A friend of mine cracked his ribs several years ago, and for quite awhile he only could chip and putt.  He was immensely better at both when he healed.  

Thanks, I thought yesterday at this time I was healed and ready to get back at it, but I had a bad afternoon and night. So the keyboard is about the only thing I can do right now.

I did find a use for an old belly putter. It makes a dandy cane to use getting out of bed and the chair. But don't worry, I am not anchoring it to my body. I wouldn't want to run afoul of the USGA.

• Like 5

Welcome back, and best of luck fully healing so you can get back out there!

(..and regale us with prosaic verse of battles fought and won....)

(..just go light on the iambic pentameter...)

Thanks, I thought yesterday at this time I was healed and ready to get back at it, but I had a bad afternoon and night. So the keyboard is about the only thing I can do right now.

I did find a use for an old belly putter. It makes a dandy cane to use getting out of bed and the chair. But don't worry, I am not anchoring it to my body. I wouldn't want to run afoul of the USGA.

He is back! Let the good times roll. 🤣

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 2