Testers Wanted! Toura Golf Irons Build Test! ×

Home Field Advantage for NCAA Championship?

Comemonday

First time since the match play format has the team ranked #1 won the title... Bama lost, get over it

(Edit bc of misreading your post)

So you are saying that they got an unfair advantage? I agree! Lol the pressure is on the #1 team in most cases.

This has nothing to do with Bama. I'm surprised they even made the finals.

And just FYI, I argued that it wasn't fair when Oregon hosted in 2016 too. I even called them winning it on these very forums.

You are just a butthurt Georgia fan that's mad about the FB NC last year. I'm sorry about 2nd and 26, but get over it. Your team will compete again this year.

Driver- Tmag 2017 M2 tour issue 8.5* actual loft 7.8* w/ HZRDS Green PVD 70TX"
Fairway Metal- Taylormade SLDR Mini Driver 12* w/ Fujikura Rombax TP95-X"

Utility- Mizuno MPH5 1 iron w/ Aldila RIP 85X (depending on course/ conditions)

Irons- Mizuno MP- FLI HI 2i w/ Aldila Proto ByYou 100X
          Mizuno MP59 4i-6I w/ PX 6.5

Mizuno MP69 7i-PW w/ PX 6.5

Wedges- Scratch 8620 Driver/Slider set.  50*, 54* bent to 55* and 60*

Putter- Taylormade Spider Tour w/ flow neck
Ball- Bridgestone Tour B X

Bag- Sun Mountain C130 Supercharged

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not mad at all. I said before last year that it'd be year 3 of Kirby's tenure before we competed in football. A year ahead of schedule is never a bad thing. I just find it funny Bama fans are the only ones that ever complain to this level when they don't win. My team just won 2 nattys this past week in track and field. Competing in everything right now, finally, even though it means keeping that idiot Greg McGarity longer

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

I'm not mad at all. I said before last year that it'd be year 3 of Kirby's tenure before we competed in football. A year ahead of schedule is never a bad thing. I just find it funny Bama fans are the only ones that ever complain to this level when they don't win. My team just won 2 nattys this past week in track and field. Competing in everything right now, finally, even though it means keeping that idiot Greg McGarity longer

I will complain again when Ark or Arizona State wins one of the next 4 national championships. Just the same as I did for Oregon in 2016 and OSU this year. This has nothing to do with the team that I root for. I don't think Alabama should host one either.

ASU will host the NC from 2020-2022. Unless they totally screw it up, that should be a major tool in recruiting. I'd be very surprised if they didn't win one of those titles.

• 3 weeks later...

The sites are chosen a year or so in advance. Yes some neutral sites can and probably should be used for the National championships. Why not use pebble beach, Harbortown, or a myriad of different locations for this event. Why are they using anyone's home course for a the national championships. Why not pick a venue and keep it there. They don't play Basketball championships at someone's home court, they don't play football championships at someone home field, they play those at major sports venues. Find a great course in a great location and have it there every year.

You realize you are talking about the NCAA, right?  This is the same organization that continues to deny the obvious that we need at least an 8 team, but preferably a 16 team football playoff.  They have a lame committee of morons picking 4 teams that paid them off (Alabama, cough cough), rather than pick 16 teams that actually won their own division or conference every year.

The NCAA is the same organization that delayed the College World Series on Monday for an entire day because of "weather".  It could be bright sunshine out and the NCAA would find a way to delay the baseball game.

I'm thoroughly convinced that money has completely corrupted the NCAA, and it needs to be blown up completely.  I'm still hopeful that the FBI will bring the hammer down on enough basketball programs and that certain NCAA officials are indicted as well for their corruption and greed.

I could go on and on, but ultimately all you have to do with the NCAA is follow the money.  Someone at OSU paid a hefty price just for the advantage of hosting the golf championship.  As with everything else with the NCAA is always starts and ends with money.

Look, I see these college kids playing PXG clubs, which no normal man can afford, and it's nothing but a money grab.  Greed everywhere.  You see these facilities these college kids get for playing golf for their school and it's somewhere north of ridiculous.

Whatever honestly.  First world problems.

• :ping-small: G400 Driver
  • :callaway-small: XR 4 Fairway 16.5°
  • :mizuno-small: Fli-Hi Utility Iron - 21°
  • :ping-small: G Series 5-9 irons
  • :titelist-small: :vokey-small: SM7 46°, 50°, 54° & 58°
  • :taylormade-small: Ghost Spider S putter
  • :918457628_PrecisionPro:Nexus Laser Rangefinder
  • Garmin Approach S20 GPS

I have PXG's and I'm normal. I know lots of normal people that own them as well.

In The Bag
Driver: TaylorMade M2 (2017) w/ Project X T1100 HZRDUS Handcrafted 65x 
Strong 3 wood: Taylormade M1 15* w/ ProjectX T1100 HZRDUS handcrafted 75x
3 Hybrid: Adams PRO 18* w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4 Hybrid: Adams PRO 20* (bent to 21*) w/ KBS Tour Hybrid S flex tipped 1/2"
4-AW: TaylorMade P770 w/ Dynamic Gold Tour Issue Black Onyx S400

SW: 56* Scratch Tour Dept(CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
LW: 60* Scratch Tour Department (CC grooves) w/ Dynamic Gold Spinner
XW: 64* Cally XForged Vintage w/ DG X100 8 iron tiger stepped
Putter: Nike Method Prototype 006 at 34"

Have a ton of back-ups in all categories, but there are always 14 clubs in the bag that differ depending on the course and set-up. Bomb and gouge. Yes, I'm a club gigolo.

Look, I see these college kids playing PXG clubs, which no normal man can afford, and it's nothing but a money grab.  Greed everywhere.  You see these facilities these college kids get for playing golf for their school and it's somewhere north of ridiculous.

Whatever honestly.  First world problems.

You do realize that PXG gives them those clubs right? They are one of the only manufacturers that equally gives them to men's and women's programs as well. Which I respect very much. 

Archived