Tour pros upset over push carts

TheWahoo

I received an e-mail from Golf Digest that included an article about some tour pros that seem to be upset that some of the NCAA championship players were using push carts as opposed to carrying their bags.  Among them were Harris English, Brian Harman and Billy Horschel.  They all made it a point to state that they carried their bags in college.  Even Brittany Lincicome questioned why young college men would need push carts.  

Frankly, I'm not sure why they would have such concerns regarding the use of push carts, the players are walking.  Near as I can tell, the general public response is why is it even a concern.  

Why would they care--perhaps because they know that some of these college guys may be kicking their butts soon.  After all, they use caddies, they don't carry their bags (those big staff bags to accommodate endorsements), don't rake bunkers or even wash their golf balls. 

• Like 8

I saw the article this morning on the news my reaction was who cares.

Sent from my iPad using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

Left Hand orientation

:ping-small: G410 SFT driver 

Cobra King F-9  5 wood
:ping-small:  410  Hybrids 22*, 26*

Cobra Speed Zone 6-GP/Recoil ESX 460 F3 Shafts 

:titelist-small: SM7 54* Wedge

:ping-small: Glide 3.0  60* Wedge

:odyssey-small: O Works putter
:918457628_PrecisionPro:NX9-HD

:CaddyTek: - 4 Wheel 
:footjoy-small: - too many shoes to list and so many to buy

:1590477705_SunMountain: And  BAG Boy

Golf Balls: Snell MTB-X 

2020 Official Tester :SuperSpeed: Beginning Driver Speed  - 78

2019 Official Tester :ping-small:  410 Driver

2018 Official Tester :wilson-small: C300

Like I'm going to take the opinion of someone who doesn't even carry their own bag seriously on this one... come on.

Sent from my iPhone using MyGolfSpy

• Like 7

In my  :wilson_staff_small:  carry bag:
:wilson_staff_small:  D7 
:callaway-small:  GBB 3W (lofted to 4W)
:callaway-small: V-Series Heavenwood
:cobra-small: Baffler XL 5i-PW
:cleveland-small: CBX 54*
:ping-small: iWedge 58*
:cleveland-small: #10
Whatever ball I have 3 dozen of that my kids got me as a gift

Twitter: @russtopherb

I'm guessing they will tell their kids that they walked to school, up hill both ways, in the snow... 

• Like 3

:ping-small: G30 Driver

:ping-small: G30 3 and 5 Wood

:ping-small: i200 red dot 4-U

:taylormade-small: Milled Grind 54 and 58

Scotty Cameron Fastback Select

Who gives two hoots what those 3 think anyhow? All three of those guys better worry about playing and keeping their cards. I guess the NCAA sets those rules and those 3 do not have anything to do with the NCAA anymore or do they? I had no problem at all if one carries their bag or uses a push cart

• Like 6

Driver ---- TM M-6 Evenflow 65 G R flex---- 3 wood TM V-Steel Aldila 65G R Flex--- 7 Wood TM V-Steel Ust Pro Force 65 R flex--- 9 Wood TM V-Steel Stock TM Stiff---- 1 Iron Ping Eye2 Stock Ping blue label medium---- Irons 5 thru PW 1980 Macgregor VIP Hogan Apex #2 shafts-- SW Cleveland 588 56* S-400 Sensicore---- Putter Rusty 1997 Scotty Cameron Santa Fe fluted Bulls Eye shaft- Bags either Jones Original non stand or Burton Mini Staff non advertising model

Unfortunately it's the “if you don't carry your bag you're not cool” kind of mentality. Which I think is a total kid of BS!

I'm 30 and in relatively good shape and when I walk the course, which is usually every round, I use my push cart.

As long as you're golfing and enjoying your time, who gives two [emoji90][emoji90] what anyone else thinks. I don't Golf to be cool, I golf because I love the sport and challenge.

• Like 7

Driver:    :taylormade-small: M4 10.5* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Woods: :taylormade-small: M6 3W 15* / Evenflow Blue 6.0 Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Hybrid: :taylormade-small: M4 Rescue 19* / KBS Tour Graphite Hybrid Prototype 85g Stiff / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Irons:    :srixon-small:  Z585 4-AW / KBS Tour 90 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Wedges:cleveland-small: CBX - 56* & 60* / KBS Hi Rev 2.0 - Regular +1" / Golf Pride MCC +4 Midsize

Putter:   :ping-small: Sigma 2 Tyne 4 Platinum / Superstroke Pistol

Ball:    :taylormade-small: Project a

Bag: :ping-small: Hoofer 14

Ha! Next thing you know they will be asking why they're using these new fangled hybrid clubs....get with the times!

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 4

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

I personally don't care, but I could see it as a right of passage type of thing. They carried their bags until they paid someone else to do it. Again I could care less just throwing it out there.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

2020 TESTER Ben Hogan UiHi 18* Utility Iron

Driver:     - Anser - 8.5* - Fujikara Red Blur 005 XStiff - Standard L/L

3W:     - SQ Sumo - Mitsubishi Rayon Diamana Stiff - Standard L/L

Hybrid 3:     - Machspeed - UST Mamiya AXIVCore XStiff -Standard L/L

Irons:      - Idea Black CB3  4-GW - KBS Tour Stiff+ - Standard L/L

Wedges:    - Vokey 52*, 54*, 60* - True Temper Wedge - Standard L/L

Putter:     - Versa Blade - 35in

Ball:      NXT Tour

Bag:  - Ultra Light Cart Bag  

Loc: USA/MD

Handicap: 13

English, Swofford, Harmon and the rest come off as entitled, elitist and spoiled to me.  Golf has been in decline for several years now.  The optics and complete lack of perspective by these guys is off the charts!

• Like 4

English, Swofford, Harmon and the rest come off as entitled, elitist and spoiled to me. Golf has been in decline for several years now. The optics and complete lack of perspective by these guys is off the charts!

They use rangefinders now too...

I'm sure the old timers don't like that either.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

• Like 8

(D) G410 LST | (3) SpeedZone Big Tour | (5) TM Sim Max | (H) Titleist 818 H2 | (I) Z785 | (W) ZipCore | (P) Cleveland Premier HB 11

I think college players SHOULD be allowed to use push carts - if they so choose. Save wear and tear on the shoulders and back, to use for swinging .. AND .. perhaps seeing it on TV might encourage a few more weekend golfers to get out of the motor cart and to walk and use a push cart....

• Like 7

WITB of an "aspiring"  😉 play-ah ...
..Callaway Epic Speed 4W (Project X Cypher)
..Tour Edge Exotics EXS 7W (Tensei CK Blue)
..Callaway Super Hybrid 23 (PX Catalyst) and Big Bertha 19 5H (Recoil ZTR)
..PXG 0211 6i-GW (Mitsubishi MMT) 
..Cleveland CBX2 54 and CBX 60 (both Rotex graphite)
..Evnroll ER5 (33", 385g, P2 Reflex Tour)
..all in a Datrek bag on a Bag Boy Quad XL push an MGI Zip Navigator electric cart.

Forum Member tester for the ExPutt Putting Simulator

why would you NOT use a push cart......it takes less toll, gives you extra storage and keeps the clubs easily accessible....I love my Bag Boy

• Like 8

Driver:   :honma: TR20 10.5*

Utility Iron: :cleveland-small: UHX 18*

Hybrid:   :callaway-small: Epic 4h 23* 

Irons:    :mizuno-small: JPX900 Hot Metal 5-GW

Wedges:  :cleveland-small: CBX2 52* 56* 60*

Putter:  :mizuno-small:M Craft Type V

Ball:   :bridgestone-small: Tour BXS

I'm guessing they will tell their kids that they walked to school, up hill both ways, in the snow...

...while carrying their golf bag, right?!? :D

• Like 7

"Where'd it go?"  "Right in the Lumberyard..."

126422322_PXGLogo_2.png.74a339363ba3931cc4fc226a253621f8.png Gen 2  0811 XF 10.5*  Project X HZRDUS Smoke Yellow 60 X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 15*   Fairway UST ProForce V2 7F5 76g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR 19* & 22* Hybrid UST ProForce V2 90g X-Flex
:bridgestone-small:  Tour B JGR HF-2 irons (5i - PW)  KBS Tour 130x

:cleveland-small: CBX Wedges (50, 54, 58)  TT Dynamic Gold 115 Wedge Shaft
MATI  Mamo Putter 33"  Super Stroke Football League 3.0 Slim
:bridgestone-small: Tour B-RX

:918457628_PrecisionPro: Precision Pro Nexus Rangefinder

:PuttOut:FAN!

1711524086_TheGrintlogo_text_1.png.c1eb3f656b10191d1fc9a14a0fd77f95.png PRO Member

I think it is kind of ironic for a Tour player to give a college kid a hard time about using a push cart. But I carry every single round and I think it looks a little silly, especially on TV. But sometimes I do wish I had used a cart from the beginning. I can already sense back problems coming on... [emoji17]

Sent from my SM-T580 using Tapatalk

• Like 4

2017  :taylormade-small: M1 460, Project X HZRDUS Black 6.0

:mizuno-small: JPX EZ 3 wood
:cobra-small: Fly-Z 4H
:mizuno-small: MP-60, 3i-PW, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:mizuno-small: S5 54° & 58°, True Temper Dynamic Gold
:cameron-small: California Monterey
:titelist-small: Pro V1x

Easy choice for a coach looking to gain an edge. Players often play 36 in competition, and push carts simply reduce fatigue. 

I used to carry, I'm mid-30s and in great shape, but like No3Putt, I also just find pushing my bag lot easier and don't give a rip if don't look cool (because after 30, you aren't cool). 

• Like 8

Bag: Bennington Quiet Organizer 9-Lite (link)

Cart: :Clicgear: 3.5+

Driver:  :cobra-small:  F9 speedback, Accra iWood

Woods:  Sonartec GS Tour 14*, Fujikura Six S
DI:  :titelist-small:  T-MB 2 iron, KBS Tour-V 120 X,
Irons: :Miura: PP-9003SN 4-GW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Wedges: :Miura: 1957 K-grind SW, LW, Nippon 1150GH Stiff
Putter: :odyssey-small: EXO Indianapolis (link)
Ball: :Snell: MTB

...while carrying their golf bag, right?!? :D

hahah you beat me to it! 

I am just going to leave this here.  What are you pounding nails in your boots for?

• Like 6

2020 MGS Hard Rock Challenge

SkyCaddie SX400
OGIO Silencer:  Followed by Arccos
:ping-small: G410+, Tensei Orange
:callaway-small:  Mavrik 3w, Evenflow Riptide
:nike-small: Covert 2.0 3H, Kuro Kage Black
:wilson-small:
Wilson D7 Irons 4-GW,  Dynamic Gold AMT
:ping-small: Glide  52, 56 ES
:EVNROLL: ER2
:titelist-small: -ProV1x (left dash)

Romans 10:9

My question to those knuckleheads is: why do you make your caddy carry that ridiculous giant golf bag under all conditions when 99.9% of the time a nice sturdy stand bag would do. Hmm?

• Like 7

My Sun Mountain bag currently includes:   TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 771CSI 5i - PW and TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png PFC Micro Tour-c 52°, 56°, 60 wedges

:755178188_TourEdge: EXS 10.5*, TWGTLogo2.png.06c802075f4d211691d88895b3f34b75.png 929-HS FW4 16.5* 

:edel-golf-1: Willimette w/GolfPride Contour

• SPY VIP

I think college players SHOULD be allowed to use push carts - if they so choose. Save wear and tear on the shoulders and back, to use for swinging .. AND .. perhaps seeing it on TV might encourage a few more weekend golfers to get out of the motor cart and to walk and use a push cart....

Saved me a post and when they're making tour money can hire a caddie.

• Like 2

Yo #JustPlayBetter

Follow @GolfSpyMBP
twitmbp.jpg

wimb2.jpg 

latestreview.jpg 

I volunteered with the Golf Channel the last 2 weeks for the NCAA championships at Karsten... It was high 90's nearly every day and most of the prime time rounds began in the mid-afternoon. You can bet I'd be using a push cart if I was out there playing! Especially on Tuesday when they played two rounds

• Like 4

I will ask Brittany the next time I see her. She always rides a cart at the Club. :)

• Like 5

Taylor Made Sim2  10.5 (Opened 1 click) Ventus Blue 5  R flex

Ping G410 5-9 wood  Alta 65 R flex

Wilson D7 forged 6-GW -  Mamiya recoil 460 R flex

Edison Wedges 54 and 59 KBS Tour Graphite 80's

EVNRoll ER 5

Titleist Pro VIx optic yellow with revkev stamped on them

Tour Exotics 3 wood is in the bag because we are allowed 14 clubs.  It's a great club for pulling balls out of the water or from bushes - you never want to put your hand into anything in Florida unless you are absolutely certain that it's safe.  There are rare wind conditions when I might hit it off the tee on a few holes that I play.